TENNESSEE VACCINE DISTRIBUTION PLAN

DaveTN

I'd take it tomorrow if they offered it.  My wife will likely get one in mid-late December as her hospital already has 900 doses in route.  They will not be given a choice, it will be a condition of employment.  

I'm not sure the chart is correct as far as I've seen they have not trailed the vaccine on any children.  My wife(physician) seems to think they will actually be last on the vaccine list unless they are otherwise immunocompromised.  

I think most people who don't want to take it are just scared that it was rushed through the system, and will have major health implications later.  Most of us have never seen a vaccine trial like this in our lifetimes, even the old folks, its never been done.  Timelines are stretched when emergency status isn't warranted, but when the world is facing major infections they can get the same work done just much faster.  

4 hours ago, Smith said:

While not a vaccine, it is similar to what happened with bith control pills in the 70's. Because it was new, the dosage was extremely high. While effective many of that generations cancer ills of the present, we are dealing with now. 30 years later, we now know there dosage should be a fraction of what it was. Every action has a reaction and sometimes the cure in the short term has to be balanced with them long term trade off. 

That was 40-50 years ago at this point.  Time flies.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Smith said:

unknown long-term side effects in otherwise healthy individuals.

This is the real unknown.  Tens of thousands of people took this vaccine as part of the trials.  I know at least two who participated.  One who thinks she got the placebo and her mother who they think got the actual vaccine because she had one of the small side effects at the injection site.

4 hours ago, DaveTN said:

Sure, I will. Because the Trump Administration got it through with Operation Warp Speed, by throwing money at it and negotiating with the FDA. They are afraid there is something in the design to kill liberals; or at least make them see the light.

EqcmKa2.gif

You seem to mistake who wont be taking it lol.  What negotiating happened with the FDA might I ask?

3 hours ago, Slappy said:

This is also the first vaccine that alters your DNA. Apparently it’s only good for a few months and it’s a 2 step vaccine.

Are you mental?  Why do you think this AlTeRs your DNA?  And if it did so how the #### would it be temporary?

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Danger Rane said:

I don’t personally know any first responders that are willing to get the vaccine, and most of the hospital “front line” workers that I know don’t want it either. My circle is admittedly pretty small, maybe a hundred or so people, but it makes me wonder how many similar minded workers around the country will do the same. Undoubtedly some city’s and states will try to mandate it for their workers, similar to how they try to mandate the flu vaccine, but thankfully here we can’t be required to take it. Maybe that will free up some doses for those that it would theoretically benefit the most.

I wouldn't be surprised if the employers of those first responders consider the vaccine NFO.  

2 hours ago, Lumber_Jack said:

My wife will likely get one in mid-late December as her hospital already has 900 doses in route.  They will not be given a choice, it will be a condition of employment.  

There will likely be some legal challenges on forced vaccines due to certain medical conditions.   What if the employee has Guillain Barre Syndrome for example?      I don't know much about it but have heard they are not advised to take vaccines like flu shots, which I would think would fall into the same category as a covid vaccine.      I'm sure there are other medical conditions that limit one's ability to get a vaccine.   

What if the employee already had covid and has been tested and shown to have antibodies to fight the virus?   That's the purpose of a vaccine, to develop antibodies, so why take it if you already have them?.      

14 hours ago, Daniel said:

They arent immune. They are getting and spreading Covid-19.

By all know measures they aren't spreading it and they are getting it at a statistically non-existent/negligable. 

Also, the Harvard study showed a very strong likelihood that kids either had or were developing t-cell immunity naturally.

15 minutes ago, Smith said:

By all know measures they aren't spreading it and they are getting it at a statistically non-existent/negligable. 

Also, the Harvard study showed a very strong likelihood that kids either had or were developing t-cell immunity naturally.

No argument, just asking because I don’t know. I think kids should be in school, because they aren’t at risk and its damaging to them to be locked out.

But I keep hearing that kids aren’t carriers. How does anyone know that? And whether they are immune, handle it with minor symptoms, or whatever; if the virus is on them and they then transfer it to a surface or person at home or somewhere else, why would others not get sick?

Same with vaccine. If vaccinated people don’t get it, why couldn’t they transfer the virus they have collected on them to those that are not vaccinated?

I’m not a Doctor and don’t play one on TV, but I remember all the bad information during the AIDS epidemic that was being put out about how you can/can’t get it; when they (so called experts) had no idea.

I don’t know what’s going on, but I don’t think we are getting good information.

30 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

I’m not a Doctor and don’t play one on TV, but I remember all the bad information during the AIDS epidemic that was being put out about how you can/can’t get it; when they (so called experts) had no idea.

Wasn't that Fauci then ? Pure coincidence im sure 🤔

I must say that back when they were working on the Aids Vaccine and H1N1 Vaccine we didn't have the technology we have today to create a new vaccine for this virus. I'm sure that they are using cutting edge technology to create the Vaccine. Whether the Warp Speed creation of it has anything to do with it, I have no clue. Now as far as who gets it first and who gets it last, stop and think for  a second. Of course they would put the elderly at the end of the list. They have been wanting to cut back the elderly population for years because every time an old person dies Social  Security benefits from it, Medicare benefits from it and so does Medicaid. That is one less person on the dole for it. I know that is a negative way of looking at it but facts are facts.  I doubt I will be stepping up in line to get the vaccine any time soon if at all. If it works and does prevent the virus from people getting it that improves my chance of not catching it but at my age I'm not planning on going out to test it and find out. I have heard a lot of people say they won't be getting it and others can't wait to get it.

• Like 1
On 11/26/2020 at 8:09 AM, DaveTN said:

I saw this on the news. I don’t know where the elderly, mainly those in assisted living facilities, fall in this plan, but it appears they (the highest death rate group by far) would be in group four. Group four won’t get the vaccine until the summer.

I wonder who “essential workers” will be.

All I’ve been hearing is how fast this is going to rollout. You would need to have a vivid imagination to think 8 months for the general public is a “fast” rollout.

A384Kv8.jpg

Dunno where that's from, but TN's official draft proposal looks more like this:

1935565559_TNDistributionPlan.thumb.jpg.d1a774d82ad9a429d4c4e941125708fc.jpg

From https://www.tn.gov/health/news/2020/10/21/tennessee-infrastructure-plan-for-covid-19-vaccine-distribution.html

Specifically, from the PDF linked on that page at: https://www.tn.gov/content/dam/tn/health/documents/cedep/novel-coronavirus/COVID-19_Vaccination_Plan.pdf

- OS

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Moderators
6 minutes ago, Oh Shoot said:

Dunno where that's from, but TN's official draft proposal looks more like this:

1935565559_TNDistributionPlan.thumb.jpg.d1a774d82ad9a429d4c4e941125708fc.jpg

From https://www.tn.gov/health/news/2020/10/21/tennessee-infrastructure-plan-for-covid-19-vaccine-distribution.html

Specifically, from the PDF linked on that page at: https://www.tn.gov/content/dam/tn/health/documents/cedep/novel-coronavirus/COVID-19_Vaccination_Plan.pdf

- OS

That’s plan that makes sense. Thank you for sharing this. 

6 hours ago, DaveTN said:

No argument, just asking because I don’t know. I think kids should be in school, because they aren’t at risk and its damaging to them to be locked out.

But I keep hearing that kids aren’t carriers. How does anyone know that? And whether they are immune, handle it with minor symptoms, or whatever; if the virus is on them and they then transfer it to a surface or person at home or somewhere else, why would others not get sick?

Same with vaccine. If vaccinated people don’t get it, why couldn’t they transfer the virus they have collected on them to those that are not vaccinated?

I don’t know what’s going on, but I don’t think we are getting good information.

My understanding is that they have t-cell development or develope t cell immunity in process, that kills the virus as the get it. If that's the case, then they aren't transferring it

8 hours ago, Smith said:

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6937e3.htm

mm6937e3_COVID19OutbreaksChildCare_IMAGE

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/pediatric-hcp.html

Incidence of COVID-19 in Children

In the United States and globally, fewer cases of COVID-19 have been reported in children (age 0-17 years) compared with  adults.1,2 While children comprise 22% of the US population,3 recent data show that 7.3% of all cases of COVID-19 in the United States reported to CDC were among children (as of August 3rd, 2020).4  The number and rate of cases in children in the United States have been steadily increasing from March to July 2020. The true incidence of SARS-CoV-2 infection in children is not known due to lack of widespread testing and the prioritization of testing for adults and those with severe illness. Hospitalization rates in children are significantly lower than hospitalization rates in adults with COVID-19, suggesting that children may have less severe illness from COVID-19 compared to adults.5, 6 Visit CDC’s Cases, Data, and Surveillance page for current CDC data.

Infections and Transmission Among Children

It is unclear whether children are as susceptible to infection by SARS-CoV-2 compared with adults and whether they can transmit the virus as effectively as adults. Recent evidence suggests that children likely have the same or higher viral loads in their nasopharynx compared with adults7 and that children can spread the virus effectively in households and camp settings.8,9

Due to community mitigation measures and school closures, transmission of SARS-CoV-2 to and among children may have been reduced in the United States during the pandemic in the spring and early summer of 2020. This may explain the low incidence in children compared with adults. Comparing trends in pediatric infections before and after the return to in-person school and other activities may provide additional understanding about infections in children.

Symptoms and Severity of COVID-19 in Children

Clinical Presentation

The incubation period of SARS-CoV-2 appears to be about the same for children as in adults, at 2-14 days with an average of 6 days.10

Silent Spreaders?

Children may play a larger role in community spread of COVID-19 than previously thought

By MGH NEWS AND PUBLIC AFFAIRS August 20, 2020 Research

https://hms.harvard.edu/news/silent-spreaders

Edited by Daniel