I Hope!!!

bersaguy

My family are all here, and I am so glad. Hope we stay clear from Coved, but we wanted to see them, a few for the first time in a year. We had the 12th birthday party for our youngest grandson Tuesday afternoon. I purchased him a Realtree "Edge" Camo hunting outfit. Great time. He put it on and promptly went out in the rain to see if it was water proof. It was.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all. 

• Like 1

Happy Turkey to all you turkeys. Jus me, my darling bride and the furry critters this year. My crew showed up last weekend for my birthday.

So, I'd like to wish every one of my fellow curmudgeons here a safe and enjoyable Thanksgiving. You folks are like my giant dysfunctional family.

Stay safe, all y'all.

• Like 3

Happy Thanksgiving to TGO!

I was invited to my younger son's in-laws for dinner, but decided not to take any chances. Not really much of my own family left and they're scattered all over. Its my older son's birthday, but he has no plans.  So I'm spending the day pretty much alone.  Its ok though. I understand not risking it. Besides, younger son has promised to bring me a plate.  So at least I'll eat good. 😃

• Like 1

Well, I had a great dinner without ever leaving the house. Daughter and son in law showed up just long enough to bring me dinner which they brought enough for about 3 people so I have plenty of left overs for a couple days. And for desert I have my choice of Homemade Pecan pie, Homemade Pumpkin Pie or homemade Cheesecake and I couldn't believe it but she made me a Mincemeat Pie just for me which will be my first choice......LOL. For years I have said how much I miss not having any Mincemeat Pie at Thanksgiving and no one has ever made it in the family. All they said is that's a Yankee pie and not made down south. Once in a while I will see a can of it on a shelf in certain stores but only during the holiday season. Publix has it during the Holidays. This year my daughter looked up how to make it from scratch on the computer and she made me one. I have Turkey, Ham, Green Bean casserole, Mash taters, dressing, Cranberry sauce, Dumplings, Canned Yams and Rolls and probably missed something but fridge is full of food......LOL!

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Never had that. Heard of it, but not sampled. 

We settled in after the full, usual Thanksgiving meal. Ridiculous for just the two of us, but that's what the boss wanted. She cooked, warmed and served. We ate, cleaned up, and sat in our respective chairs and promptly went to sleep.

Molly woke me up a few minutes ago wanting out. lol Just to chase the squirrels and then come back in. So now I sit here in front of my old school desktop pc...waiting to fall back asleep. And yes, I do rather frequently do that here in my chair. Probably gonna fall out one day.

Happy Thanksgiving Doug.  

10 hours ago, bersaguy said:

Do you hate Pumpkin pie or just love whipped cream?..............LOL

I like anything that ends in pie! But whip cream is more awesomer 😉

Sounds like you had yourself a hell of a feast. And what great choices for sweets.

20201126_204042.jpg

• Haha 1

We did just the immediate family at home since my in-laws understandably canceled theirs. Splurged and got a prepped meal from an upscale place. Took the stress off the wife and got some different stuff. The wife did make her homemade holiday rolls. Meal said it would feed 6, but we will probably still get 6 more meals out of it after we 4 ate. 

So we had turkey, mashed potatoes, macaroni & smoked gouda cheese (with bacon 🙂 ), chestnut oregano stuffing, green bean casserole, sweet potatoe casserole, and white chocolate cheesecake. 

Kids were a bit bummed not seeing everyone, but that is the 2020 mood. I will take bummed and healthy over the alternative. 

• Like 2