Colt ‘pre ban’ AR 15

A really fine example of Colts abilities with this platform early on. This is not only a pretty friggin cool relic, it is also supremely functional, eating any type or grain bullets that you want to feed her and putting them where you want. The bolt, bcg is marked and has all matching numbers everywhere on this beauty. The cleaning kit is in the stock and is absolutely unmolested. It comes with the weapon and one magazine as pictured. No box...sorry.
Will take trades or trades/cash or just plain old greenbacks. I will also offer some 223 to the buyer/barterer if you want to purchase some for your new muse.

3D7799A6-3E13-4371-8075-765AFB0FBEB2.jpeg

4FC8C81D-7872-4F00-81BD-1FA0EB64673B.jpeg

1EB7CA1C-3C80-43CA-93DF-4AD926882891.jpeg

4C3AA50A-05FA-4596-B9E4-DC1AFB4CF542.jpeg

5BDB88C4-0487-465A-9C82-67A3E473AEEA.jpeg

• Like 4

As a longtime member, I would figure that you would know to click my bio like I did yours...we’re both from Nashville! I actually am near Murfreesboro TN. I put on the ad that I am entertaining trades and offers, as I haven’t had time to do due diligence on searching for  a fair price for both parties. However since you feel the need to request one, instead of making an offer. I’ll take 1600. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

2 hours ago, Donnysunshine said:

As a longtime member, I would figure that you would know to click my bio like I did yours...we’re both from Nashville! I actually am near Murfreesboro TN. I put on the ad that I am entertaining trades and offers, as I haven’t had time to do due diligence on searching for  a fair price for both parties. However since you feel the need to request one, instead of making an offer. I’ll take 1600. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

It's NOT Smith's need to have a price...It's part of the TGO agreement for selling here. You have to specify whether you are trade or sale. Sale posts require a price. Check with Mods for verification. 

Edit...addition. On the request for a location...I agree with that. Not everyone posts their location on the icon/screen name. I helps prospective buyers to know where a person/article is located. Might help sell.

Edited by hipower
  • Like 5

hi power, if that is true it is my mistake. I did read over all of the rules before posting and I found nowhere in there where it states anything about price posting requirements. If it is an unwritten rule, I’m fine with that as well. As a senior member, he should’ve also known to pm me regarding a matter like that and not to post on thread...if I’m not again mistaken. 

Not sure that is has changed. I do know that when I bought the Benefactor privileges and became a seller, which doesn't happen often with me, that was listed as a prerequisite. This topic seems to come up with too much regularity. Perhaps a rule change does need attention, I just know that's what I agreed to, and as a community, that has been subscribed to. I just happened to be the one mentioning it this time. It's sort of a self policing thing anymore I guess. Someone usually brings it up on an ad similar to yours.

In any event, no offense was given or taken. I hope you understand.

The serial number sequence puts it within the last 6000 or so rifles produced before the ban. It is right before the cutoff, making it one of the last produced...according to a couple of sites. The last serial number range was 86025 or around there...making this one in my possession a so called pre ban, fyi.

This site seems to be a pretty thorough reference for me. It may help for you.

http://www.alternatewars.com/Politics/Firearms/Count/AR15_Production.htm

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By MikeW
      I was able to find 2lbs of IMR4064 today and would like to trade it for H4350 if anyone is interested. 

Nashville area.
    • By Whisper
      You know how it is...moving a few along to make room for a few more.
      This is an early Ruger Mini-14, wood stock and handguard, made in 1976 and stamped "Made in the 200th Year of American Liberty."  In good condition with a few scrapes on the stock.   It may have some collector value, if that can be said of a gun as plentiful as the Mini-14.
      This particular specimen has a glass-bedded action and is fitted with Millett front and rear sights (now discontinued and with some possible collector value themselves).  If you wanted to restore this to its original configuration you could just remove the Millet front sight (it simply screws on over the factory front) and buy an original rear sight (the one that was removed from this rifle disappeared decades ago and I'm confident I will never find it).
      The rifle comes with the original Ruger five-round magazine, plus a Ruger 30-round magazine and two Ruger 20-round magazines in their unopened factory packaging.
      $700 face to face in the Nashville-Murfreesboro area to a TN citizen legally able to purchase long guns.  I prefer cash but would consider trades (no right-handed bolt guns, please).
      More photos available if needed.
      Thanks for looking,
      Whisper

• By B3ASTON11
      Rock island full size double stack 1911 chambered in 9mm / 22tcm. Includes 3, 22 round extended mags, Wilson combat extractor, and aftermarket flat trigger. Includes the stock trigger, both 9mm and 22tcm barrels / springs, grip tape front strap, and Taylor freelance magwell. Good condition with a few scratches. Haven’t had any reliability issues. Roughly 300-400 rounds through the 9mm barrel, I have not used the 22tcm barrel.
      $1000

• By Erich
      The much loved cadillac of sight pushers!  No more having to look at which Chinese knock off may be best at being second 😉
      I ended up with 2 of them when I could not find mine and then perceived an immediate sight emergency requiring me to get another (don't ask). Selling the the second. Not talented enough to do two sight installs simultaneously.
      Excellent condition (bought in 2018).
      $220 shipped in TN. Will include the 30 degree pusher (not in the photo) as well as the straight one, its was on the other one at time of photo.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions. TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.