New member - moved from Cal.

Hey folks! New member here, bought my house last Feb and have completed my move from Commiefornia. What lead me here? Well a TBI DENIAL today! Well I am glad I found this place, can you folks help me through this process?

Thanks!

Lance

Jonesborough, TN

We are pretty close then. We are about 10 miles from Erwin.聽

We have a bit over 7 acres backing up to national forest. I have a range behind the house setup so I can shoot off the deck. I have a bunch of steel setup from 8聽- 35聽yards. If I want more distance I can shoot the upper targets from another spot to get 55 yards. When I want to shoot further I use the range in the National Forest over in Unicoi.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, PoofNoEyeBrows said:

Welcome ac. You the same acfixer I've seen on calguns by chance? If so I'm glad you escaped the PRK and are enjoying some freedom.聽

Of course I am. 馃檪

I always thought your user name was funny being in the business I am. Are you a heating guy by chance? Especially in the older days of standing pilots the "blue dragon" was a phenomenon that happened because of delayed ignition on raw gas/lpg. Then "poof, no eyebrows!" 馃槃

Edited by ACfixer

I am not.聽

The name comes from an incident while in the Marines. I took a bet between an engineer and a mortarman to light a 60mm mortar increment charge with a lit cigarette. I had to bend down and blow on it. You know where this is going....聽

I got the 20 bucks and almost got NJP'd for being "as stupid as a rock"聽

Edited by PoofNoEyeBrows
  • Haha 3
  • Moderators
15 minutes ago, PoofNoEyeBrows said:

I am not.聽

The name comes from an incident while in the Marines. I took a bet between an engineer and a mortarman to light a 40mm mortar increment charge with a lit cigarette. I had to bend down and blow on it. You know where this is going....聽

Oh the antics of the junior enlisted. 馃槀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
8 hours ago, PoofNoEyeBrows said:

I am not.聽

The name comes from an incident while in the Marines. I took a bet between an engineer and a mortarman to light a 60mm mortar increment charge with a lit cigarette. I had to bend down and blow on it. You know where this is going....聽

Glad you're still with us. Also glad I didn't have a mouth full of soda when I read this, I really like this laptop!
I can relate because as a PFC Cavalry Scout I and a Corporal were setting a tripflare for tanks using a hoffman which is a 1/4 pound of black powder in a plastic tube with an electric detonator. they are used to simulatethe noise and smoke of tank fire. Being that you want the battery as close to the charge as possible we were squatted over the hoffman as I set the trigger. Unfortunately in our exhaustion, we had hooked up the battery before setting the trigger. yep, blew up literally in our faces. I wear glasses so when I came to my senses I thought I was blind, I kept calling for my corporal friend but he didn't answer. FINALLY saw thet there was light around the edges and wiped off my lenses. there lay my friend face down in the dirt not moving. Continued to call his name as I approached him with no response. When I touched his shoulder to turn him over he jumped to life asking me why I didn't say something, no hair loss but a bit of powder burn for us both. He was deaf for two days.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

for no eyebrows, it was right after I ETS. Working for a used car dealer I was tuning an old Silverado. while sitting on the radiator support I used my 24 inch screwdriver to blip the throttle. Because everyone knows if you do it by hand it may spit fire in your face. So what does it do? HUGE backfire, shoots flames all the way up the underside of the hood and burns my eyebrows and my hair which had JUST grown long enough to lay down. Man do I miss carbs!!聽fire GIF by The Dude Perfect Show

• Love 1