You Can Call Me Bond Now. James Bond!

Moped

Back in September, y’all may remember that I went into my LGS to pick up a couple boxes of high velocity .22LR. After I picked up a couple of boxes, I decided to peruse the gun cases, not because I needed or wanted anything, but just to see what they had, just out of curiosity, of course.

In case three, a certain item caught my eye. It was an stainless steel Interarms Walther .380acp PPK/s, and it looked like new. I asked to see it. The LGS owner said it was part of a 40 gun collection that they had just bought. And they had the case, with the manual, extra mag, cleaning rod and test target. I looked at the price, $500. I thought “Damn, I didn’t come in here for this.” Then the LGS guy said the magic words. We just started 12 month lay-a-way program. I left the store, after putting down $50 to putting the Walther in lay-a-way.

Fast forward to today. I walked into the LGS and paid off the lay-a-way and filled out the paperwork. While they were doing the background check, I asked if they had a third magazine. So they checked and one guy said they just had one for a PPK. Will that wasn’t going to work. Then the other guy behind the counter said “Are you sure it’s a PPK/s and not a PPK?” So we all three looked and it sure enough it was a PPK! So I walked out of the GunStore with an immaculate LNIB stainless steel Interarms Walther PPK with a third mag and a used FOBUS holster for it, that they gave me! I’m overjoyed and can’t wait to get it to the range!  

Just call me Bond, James Bond! 

• Like 5

Excellent! 👍  A true classic. Wonderful carry guns. Every serious gun collector should own at least one. Post pics as soon as you can.  😉

I've mentioned many times before that I just sorta have a thing for the Walther PP series pistols. I have several versions in .380, .32 and .22 calibers. Still looking for the true Bond gun. A blue PPk in .32 acp.  Maybe someday? 🙄

cqgI1K8.jpg 1st row: Interarms/Ranger PPK .380 .......German Walther/Interarms imported PPK/s .380

2nd row: S&W Made PPK/s in the scarce .32 ACP....... German Walther/Century imported PP .32acp

3rd row: Walther/Umarex PPK/s .22 .....  Interarms/Ranger TPH .22

Edited by Grayfox54
Add info to pic
  • Like 4
7 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

Excellent! 👍  A true classic. Wonderful carry guns. Every serious gun collector should own at least one. Post pics as soon as you can.  😉

I've mentioned many times before that I just sorta have a thing for the Walther PP series pistols. I have several versions in .380, .32 and .22 calibers. Still looking for the true Bond gun. A blue PPk in .32 acp.  Maybe someday? 🙄

cqgI1K8.jpg 

That's a beautiful collection!!! That top row looks to be a PPK and a PPK/s. The second row is S&W PPK and a PP and the third row is a ??? and a THP.  Correct? What the first pistol on the bottom row?

The PPK in .32ACP, is rare as hens Teeth!  There's two on GB right now and both are north of $2K!  I reckon the closest I will ever get to a .32ACP is to pick up a PP or a Czech copy, the VZ70.  I actually have a soft spot in my heart of the little .32ACP.  Kicking myself in the butt, for not picking up one of those surplus Berretta 81s back in the Spring and Summer.

Edited by Moped

Moped: First off, thank you for the kind comments. The Walther PP series are some great pistols. I went back and edited the pic to show what each one is. Its just been kinda dumb luck that I've stumbled across these over the years. and picked them up. 

The one on the bottom left is the current production .22 cal PPK/s made by Umerex for Walther. If you want a PPK/s in this caliber then this is the way to go. Original Walther made .22s are serious collector's items worth big bucks. Just a spare mag falls into unicorn territory at several hundred dollars. 

.32s can be had a reasonable prices. The problem is that most of them are WW II or earlier and these are the ones bringing thousands of dollars from collectors. If you can find one of the later made guns, especially Interarms,  they can be had considerably cheaper. In many cases the guns are inherited or maybe traded for and the current owner doesn't realize what they have. All they know is that is just a measly, little .32 and ain't worth much. That's exactly the story behind my .32 PP. It was a former Police gun imported back in the 80s by Century. Young man inherited the gun and just wanted to get rid of it. I got that one cheap. BTW: twice I've had this one at the range and somebody tried to buy it right there on the spot. 

The only reason I own the S&W PPK/s is because it is in the scarce .32 caliber which is rarely seen. The last owner just knew it was a .32 and not that popular.  But he did recognize the Walther name. I got that one at a fair price, but no great bargain. 

C'mon Now! Still waiting to see pics of your new toy! 😀

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, Moped said:

I can’t get the file to load. It’s too big.

Open it with paint and reduce its size. 😉

Pop Pop. I have no idea what to tell you. All my PP series guns have worked just fine. Never a problem out of any of them.  Had to have the TPH worked on to get it reliable, but they're noted to be troublesome. 

Edited by Grayfox54
55 minutes ago, Erich said:

Did you ask them if they had an Aston Martin they could put on lay-away for you?

Nice piece 😉

I put my black tux on in the morning and go ask them! 😆

Thanks! Been looking at holsters all night long, trying to figure out which two, I’m going to buy, for it.

Both my 380's were S W late models and sent both back, but neither become reliable. I switched to a Kahr P 9 which is about the same size and reliable, but much more blocky. The PPKs were wonderful feeling pistols and I really liked them, but not for reliable service to me. They really are nice pistols IMO. 

I have a 1980's blued Walther PPK/s Interarms with the "Made in West Germany" stamp on the slide 🙂   A bit scratched up however. Back in the day, my dad used to play it cool with it and tuck it into his waistband sans holster. It slid all the way down his pant leg more than once.

• Haha 2
On 12/9/2020 at 8:56 AM, CrosbyStills said:

I have a 1980's blued Walther PPK/s Interarms with the "Made in West Germany" stamp on the slide 🙂   A bit scratched up however. Back in the day, my dad used to play it cool with it and tuck it into his waistband sans holster. It slid all the way down his pant leg more than once.

Laughing at that pistol sliding down his leg! Don’t ever let that pistol go! 

• 2 weeks later...

3F4D4752-A00A-4913-8DE0-4D9892B1D3E9.thumb.jpeg.b97f65f716118ee2615338d897292be6.jpegD71B43F2-905E-4BCE-B137-FC0AF4E88F6E.thumb.jpeg.d2b662675bc5d469ee52154188908e39.jpegB3AF7302-31A3-4E7F-9D0B-03450E485270.thumb.jpeg.a2c181adc91a4e45db38d83d67857542.jpegSweet find on PPK James! Ran across this Interarms 32 PPKs years ago at a Nashville area gun show. It’s one of my two main carry guns. Carry in a JM4 tactical holster.  I know....it’s a small caliber. But the best gun you have is the one you have with you. LoL

• Like 1
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Blitzen said:

3F4D4752-A00A-4913-8DE0-4D9892B1D3E9.thumb.jpeg.b97f65f716118ee2615338d897292be6.jpegD71B43F2-905E-4BCE-B137-FC0AF4E88F6E.thumb.jpeg.d2b662675bc5d469ee52154188908e39.jpegB3AF7302-31A3-4E7F-9D0B-03450E485270.thumb.jpeg.a2c181adc91a4e45db38d83d67857542.jpegSweet find on PPK James! Ran across this Interarms 32 PPKs years ago at a Nashville area gun show. It’s one of my two main carry guns. Carry in a JM4 tactical holster.  I know....it’s a small caliber. But the best gun you have is the one you have with you. LoL

I love the .32acp! Beautiful pistol and a very good carry gun! Congratulations!