Local “Prepper” Groups?

I’m guessing that I’m not alone when I say that I have learned a lot in 2020! I’ve learned that the grocery store won’t always have what my family needs, guns and ammunition have become something of a commodity and the Government sure isn’t going to take care of my family better than I can!

So, yes; I’ve made some changes this year. I never owned a gun before and now there are four in my household. Although I’ve received the most training, my wife and our 19 year old son have also received training and shoot as often as we can at our local range, as well as to have added a MantisX and dry fire routine. 

We had “enough” supplies to get through this year’s COVID quarantine, but I’m concerned that more hard times could be just around the corner and I know I could use some input, encouragement and direction from local, likeminded people. 

So, my first question is, “What part of TN do you live in”?

And secondly, “Do you have a group of like minded, local folks that help you prepare for difficult times?” and if you don’t have anyone, do you have any interest or desire to do so?

As a response to my own questions, I live in Franklin, TN and would very much like to connect with people who want to build community, help share prepping ideas and be a “friend close by”, which is better than a brother far away...

Thanks,

Ray

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I think YET is the optimal word Marc!! I know preppers tend to be a private bunch, but there seems to be a need to balance the privacy of one’s preps for security’s sake with leveraging the skill sets and knowledge of others. 

On 1/4/2021 at 7:16 PM, Eray said:

There is a Facebook page TN Preppers.

Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it), I’ve been off Facebook for quite some time now. Social Media is such a whirlwind right now... Good information can be found, but, apparently YOU can be found too; by Big Tech / Big Brother. 

Rethinking a lot of things lately. 

• Like 3

well one thing i wont run out of is Chicken Eggs... Dang hens have hit a laying spurt. One of them is dropping a double yolker a week, the poor gal . 

Shouldnt run outta of deer meat either. 

Bullets.... well depends on how many "purgers" come in my yard. 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...