Steelharp

MacGyver

• Admin Team

Y’all, I am broken hearted to report that our own, Michael Douchette, @Steelharplost his battle with COVID today.

Mikey was a beloved member here going back almost as far as the forum itself. We shared meals together, many bought guns from him out at the shop where he worked, and he was just a joy of a person.

If you’re a fan of country music, you’ve heard his work. He played pedal steel and dobro for just about everyone out there.

His loss will be felt on the forum, and in this city. The world is less bright without him in it. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Admin Team

This is my favorite video of Mikey from a few years ago at the Musician’s Hall of Fame induction.

You might recognize a few of the folks onstage with him - ZZ Top, Peter Framptom, Randy Bachman...

His solos are at about 2:40 and again at 5:20. The whole thing is worth just great.

• Like 9
  • Love 7
  • Thanks 2
15 minutes ago, TGO David said:

I honestly can't come up with the words.  I am heartbroken.  I am angry.  I am not ashamed to tell you that I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes.

Y'all.... Mikey literally spent some of his last hours reaching out on TGO for a connection to the outside world.  You all were his community.  You were his lifeline beyond the four walls of his hospital room.  Please don't ever forget that.  Don't misinterpret TGO to be just another gun forum.  This place is literally home to many of us.

Damn it.  I just can't.

Well said David. 

• Like 1

So sad to hear.  Can't imagine how the family felt having what seemed like progress and hope ripped from them.  They'll be in my thoughts, along with the best wishes for his wife's recovery...both in body and spirit.

Please let us know if/when any funds are set up to help what comes next. 

• Like 7
3 hours ago, MacGyver said:

This is my favorite video of Mikey from a few years ago at the Musician’s Hall of Fame induction.

You might recognize a few of the folks onstage with him - ZZ Top, Peter Framptom, Randy Bachman...

His solos are at about 2:40 and again at 5:20. The whole thing is worth just great.

When I first started learning of Micheal's talents and his history in country music, he sent me this video. I've watched it a lot. 

I questioned him about those big names he'd played with. The list is unbelievable. Just about everyone in Country Music, and a few in rock as well.

He sent me a message one night, music only and asked me how I liked it. 

I was blown away listening to it. It was a recording of some his work with Charley Pride. Amazing. I'm sorry that I don't seem to have it now. It was a recording of some studio session.

You would like it as well, I'm sure.

Miss you already buddy.

• Like 1