Steelharp

MacGyver

11 hours ago, Raoul said:

I think he would enjoy an appreciate this.

Journey on Mike....

I admit buddy, I was at first a bit perplexed on this. Just a simple-minded old fool I guess. lol

But as I watched and thought on the video...I came to see just why you picked it. It's spot on! And you are right.

It is appropriate, and Mikey would have enjoyed it.

• Like 1

I think my chin hit the desk when I read this earlier. My hope, as with all of his friends and family, was that he was on the road to recovery. Reading all of these comments and watching his videos I understand why he was so well liked. His talent and down  to earth personality make him the type of person that will be missed and remembered for a long long time. 
My sincerest condolences to all of his friends and family.

• Like 1

I just learned of this through email. Sharing on here for link or QR for go fund me. They’re 16.5k of 20k.  Not sure if I’m in violation of a forum rule but sending it.  Not many people made like this anymore.  Gonna miss that friendly face.  

CDE3C4B4-D6F8-441A-BA98-56A53B88B255.thumb.jpeg.7bcc23a67a194083452b2bc8404a0a58.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Anyone here go to the Memorial Service this morning?

I did. Just wanted to go because it felt right to me. I got to meet Miss Lisa, and said a few of the usual things to her, almost crying as I told her how much he was loved and admired here. Also met Michael "My Marine" Douchette and a couple of the other kids. Sure I was just one among many offering kind words of support and rememberances.

A beautiful sendoff for Michael. Full of music and joy.

• Like 4
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, QuackerSmacker said:

Thanks immensely, hipower, for representing all of us so well.  

Well, I didn't go for that reason, but thank you for the thought.

I don't think I was any closer to Michael than anyone else here, and likely less so.

But the times we did meet, talk, or deal; I always felt liked and welcomed into his life...even when he got the better of me.

I went for several reasons. My wife said I needed the closure after listening to me speak often of Michael and his illness.

Maybe that's true. I guess it was.

But I just wanted to pay respect to the life of a man I admired and called friend.

After watching the video tributes to Michael, listening to some his musical works and hearing words of love and praise to Michael and his entire family; I guess I did come away with closure of a sort.

We all said a temporary goodbye to a husband, a father, a grandfather, and a friend to many.

It wasn't sad, it was uplifting. 

It was love and praise for the earthly life of a man whose life and works touched and enriched the lives of many others.

So...represent TGO and this family? Not intentionally. Just wanted to honor Michael Douchette.

If I did so, in the grand scheme of  things, I was glad to do so, and hope it was done well.

Edited by hipower
  • Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Admin Team
7 minutes ago, hipower said:

But the times we did meet, talk, or deal; I always felt liked and welcomed into his life...

I’m fairly certain everyone who met him likely left feeling that way. He cared about people in a way that simply cannot be faked. 

• Like 3

Hipower, Thanks for going to Mike's farewell ceremony. Many times I have had the privilege of speaking to a loved one at a funeral. There are no words you can say that will make it better. However your presence is far more important, even if you don't say anything other that I am so sorry for your loss. The mere fact that you took your time, which is the most valuable asset any of us ever possess, and shared it with the family means the most.

I was listening to an old Hank Sr. song yesterday and when I heard that steel guitar playing I thought of Steelharp. He will be missed for sure.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

From GoFundMe email notification:

"Today by Dan DouchetteOrganizer

We did it.

Holy smokes, there are no words that me or my family can say other than thank you all so much for your love, faith and friendship. I know my pop is overwhelmed to see the outpouring from all of his dear friends, old and new.
And I personally will never be able to thank you all.
You’re all family.

Each and every one of you are beautiful souls.
Thank you again

The Douchette Family
Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Love 5
On 12/18/2020 at 1:20 PM, Dirtshooter said:

Hipower, Thanks for going to Mike's farewell ceremony. Many times I have had the privilege of speaking to a loved one at a funeral. There are no words you can say that will make it better. However your presence is far more important, even if you don't say anything other that I am so sorry for your loss. The mere fact that you took your time, which is the most valuable asset any of us ever possess, and shared it with the family means the most.

I was listening to an old Hank Sr. song yesterday and when I heard that steel guitar playing I thought of Steelharp. He will be missed for sure.

Thank you, Dirtshooter. It was ...I don't know. I'm out of words right now.

I'll never hear the Possum singing He Stopped Loving Her Today in the same light. Michael Played on that one. At least on a video performance.

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...
  • Moderators

Listening to the most recent episode of the Cocaine & Rhinestones podcast. It’s on the Nashville A Team and it made me wish I could pick Steelharp’s brain about what he thought about it. 

Miss you, man. 

• Like 4
  • Love 4
  • 2 weeks later...

I bought my 1st Bersa Thunder from Mikey at Sumner Gun and supply too many years back to remember and spoke to him to many times to remember but each time was great and that Bersa is still on my nightstand and will be as long as I am breathing. I'm sure he is still playing music in Heaven for a much more special audience!!!!

• Thanks 1