IWI Masada

robin48

I bought a (blem) Masada several months back.  Despite the reviews online saying it shoots low with iron sights, I didn't have that issue with mine.  It was dead-on from the factory.  But the reason I bought the Masada was that it was optics-ready from the factory.  Adding a Holosun HE507C green dot was dead simple.    One of the standout features for me was the trigger is nearly as good as the Glock 26 trigger I put time, effort, and money into customizing.  I've put a mixture of FMJ (Federal/CCI) and a couple of mags of each carry ammo (IMI, Speer Gold Dots, Hornady Critical Duty) with no issues.  Total round count is around 500.  Note I did clean and lube before firing the first shot. 

My big gripe is that IWI has been out of stock on the 17-round mags for the last few months.  Since mine was a blem, it only came with one mag.  I ordered 2 spare (17-round) mags and wish that I had bought at least 2 more before they were sold out.  Speaking of the blem, I couldn't find a but one tiny discoloration on the right side of the frame.  if I hadn't been looking for it, I wouldn't have ever noticed.

After getting a leather avenger style holster from Desert Gun Leather, the Masada has become my daily carry.  It's much larger than my normal carry of a Glock 26 in a OWB pancake holster.  And the design of the Avenger holster makes it stick out even further.  So it prints a lot more, but I don't care.  I'd rather have something that I can shoot well and with the green dot, I'm a lot more accurate than simply point shooting.  I have presbyopia (aka "old man's eyes") and need reading glasses to see iron sights.

if you have any specific questions, feel free to ask.

• Like 2
23 hours ago, billmeek said:

I bought a (blem) Masada several months back.  Despite the reviews online saying it shoots low with iron sights, I didn't have that issue with mine.  It was dead-on from the factory.  But the reason I bought the Masada was that it was optics-ready from the factory.  Adding a Holosun HE507C green dot was dead simple.    One of the standout features for me was the trigger is nearly as good as the Glock 26 trigger I put time, effort, and money into customizing.  I've put a mixture of FMJ (Federal/CCI) and a couple of mags of each carry ammo (IMI, Speer Gold Dots, Hornady Critical Duty) with no issues.  Total round count is around 500.  Note I did clean and lube before firing the first shot. 

My big gripe is that IWI has been out of stock on the 17-round mags for the last few months.  Since mine was a blem, it only came with one mag.  I ordered 2 spare (17-round) mags and wish that I had bought at least 2 more before they were sold out.  Speaking of the blem, I couldn't find a but one tiny discoloration on the right side of the frame.  if I hadn't been looking for it, I wouldn't have ever noticed.

After getting a leather avenger style holster from Desert Gun Leather, the Masada has become my daily carry.  It's much larger than my normal carry of a Glock 26 in a OWB pancake holster.  And the design of the Avenger holster makes it stick out even further.  So it prints a lot more, but I don't care.  I'd rather have something that I can shoot well and with the green dot, I'm a lot more accurate than simply point shooting.  I have presbyopia (aka "old man's eyes") and need reading glasses to see iron sights.

if you have any specific questions, feel free to ask.

Nice review!  Seeing more and more optic ready pistols being produced.  Even Sccy has come out with one!

Edited by Moped

I was able to pick up a few more magazines from the IWI store about a month or so ago.   They do come back in stock from time to time.

Mine has been my primary carry for most of the year.  I have about 900 rounds through it at the moment.   Not one problem so far.

masada6.thumb.jpg.0a5524b224d2577ba05e7d7317486149.jpg

masada-sights.jpg.9da1c8a5b57949ec367456cc59b0131e.jpg

Edited by ken_mays
  • Like 2

Palmetto State Armory had blems at one time, but are currently out of stock:

https://palmettostatearmory.com/iwi-pistol-masada-blem-9mm-17rd-4-1in-factory-blem-excellent-condition-m9orp17-b.html 

If you include the price of buying a second mag, KyGunCo has them new and in-stock for only $10 more (if you use Cash / Text-A-Check) than the price I paid:

https://www.kygunco.com/Product/View?ItemNo=127972

Most places were sold out of the Masada at the time I purchased.

• Like 1