Breaking! ATF Has Just Raided Polymer80 : Records Seized!

I was trying to watch Bluebloods and y'all had me in tears 🤣. Thanks, I needed that.

On a serious note, Junki has improved his analogy immensely. And I realize the other environmental impacts of pure electrics including children panning for lithium, disposal of used up batteries, etc. The technology will improve with time just as internal combustion did but at a much accelerated rate. My complaint is we put all of our eggs in the petroleum basket early on. I think we would be better off today had we used ethanol, methane, LPG, and other fuels. they all pollute but have different emissions. 

On P 80 mess, we are not restricted from building our own firearms so why would an 80% be a problem? some of you undoubtedly have the capability to build your own from raw materials. At what point wouldit be acceptable for ATF? Raw forging? tool steel? Iron ore? They set a standard, we followed it, now they want to renege? Same with pistol braces. You can't satisfy those who wish to disarm us by compromise, that is proven. Now those who have are seeing why we fought so hard to stop the camel from getting it's head under the tent. We truly need to fight to overturn GCA of 1968.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Daniel said:

Looks like in 3 years Coal lost 7%.  Nuclear energy with Hydro, wind, and solar I think is where we should be going.  Im not an expert though

Hydroelectricity is great.  However, like wind and solar, you need specific conditions for it to be workable - i.e. rivers that can be dammed at a cost that makes sense.  Not all river terrains can be dammed, some are cost prohibitive, and some areas have no suitable rivers.  You run into the same types of problems with wind and solar, even more so with tidal and geothermal sources of energy.  Coal and NG plants can be constructed cheaply, pretty much anywhere, and both materials are found abundantly across the globe.  With nuclear plants, costs and safety concerns are problems (and many of the regulations and restrictions artificially imposed in the US), along with disposal of waste concerns.  While lots of innovations and progress has been made in other sources of energy, I don't see coal and NG disappearing for a long time ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/18/2020 at 6:48 PM, JunkiCosmonaut said:

Were gonna take all the polymer 80s and burn them to make electricity to power our tesla model 3s. This forum is where history is made and the technology of the future is birthed to humanity. 

3.gif

im sorry this is totally unrelated to the discussion but what is the origin of this gif? 

15 minutes ago, JunkiCosmonaut said:

I think its 2001 a space odyssey 

Indeed it is. There is a whole lot going on there and subsequent scenes that depict some things many can’t handle.  I’ll just leave it at “first use of a tool”.

22 minutes ago, JunkiCosmonaut said:

I think its 2001 a space odyssey 

Correct, part of the intro scene.

6 minutes ago, hipower said:

Yes, it is. I just watched it again the other day. Somehow, I have to wonder why I thought it was so great back then.

It is a great movie, albeit somewhat dated now.  Being a product of the late '60's, the special effects are kind of hokey compared to today's, and the theme has been used many times over since the original.  However, if you compare it to most Sci-Fi made before it, in its time it was as seminal a movie as Star Wars became a decade later.

3 minutes ago, Garufa said:

Indeed it is. There is a whole lot going on there and subsequent scenes that depict some things many can’t handle.  I’ll just leave it at “first use of a tool”.

Shortly followed by "first off-label use of a tool" 😄