FS: Winchester 1885 low wall, 22 WCF, reduced price, early production

corerftech

(1) Winchester 1885 Low wall in 22 WCF ( that’s a 22 hornet with a .228 groove diameter like 22 HiPower). Bore has pitting, not terrible. Very early Gun in SN 3xxxx range. #1 weight barrel, 28 inch. Very nice unmolested condition. Upper tang screw is the only thing with a deficiency. It is buggered and I have removed it, cleaned up and it is easily replaced for 12.00 with a. Repro. It works so I haven’t bothered. 
comes with CH4D dies and 50 pieces of once fired 22 Hornet brass, some loss due to likely too hot a load for fire forming. I got lazy and just shot my standard 34 grain hornet load and too small a bullet/too much pressure and too much neck expansion caused a small percentage of minor neck splits. I should have used cream of wheat and bullseye but again———— lazy.

I believe I have a mold, Lyman or Ideal, 22(8)438 which is just a fat 225438. 44gr round nose. Took me a long time to find the fat one, I’ll try to dig it up today. If found it is included.

$1000 FTF

Shipping on your dime.

Not beaters, an honest rifle. 

PM me with your email address and I’ll send high res pics.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.