Dollywood Rules and Security

For your safety...we will take way your safety...

Do they even have armed guards anywhere in the parks? If someone started shooting it would take the PD an hour to get there and inside on a good traffic day. 

I guess they think 1/2 mile of woods and a chain link fence will keep someone from sneaking in around the metal detectors. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
40 minutes ago, Ronald_55 said:

For your safety...we will take way your safety...

Do they even have armed guards anywhere in the parks? If someone started shooting it would take the PD an hour to get there and inside on a good traffic day. 

I guess they think 1/2 mile of woods and a chain link fence will keep someone from sneaking in around the metal detectors. 

They usually have several Sevier County deputies on site.  

• Like 2

Do you guys really think any theme park in the country is going to allow people to carry guns inside? I get the desire but there are some places I just expect to be disarmed. Also, I don't want to carry a gun on a roller coaster that's going to spin me upside down and toss me around. It's not like they have zero security. Cops and metal detectors are about as much as one can reasonably expect. 

Edited by Erik88
  • Like 4
On 12/17/2020 at 11:59 AM, Erik88 said:

Also, I don't want to carry a gun on a roller coaster that's going to spin me upside down and toss me around. 

I just super glue guns to my hands.

Upsides: can't loose it, and I'm always at the ready. 

Downsides: one minute youre trying to unzip your pants in the bathroom...Then bam....surprise gender reassignment. 

• Haha 8
7 hours ago, JunkiCosmonaut said:

I just super glue guns to my hands.

Upsides: can't loose it, and I'm always at the ready. 

Downsides: one minute youre trying to unzip your pants in the bathroom...Then bam....surprise gender reassignment. 

i almost woke up the kids laughing at this! Yes they have metal detectors at the entrance, they also look though your backpack, not very well but they do it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/17/2020 at 6:27 PM, 10-Ring said:

We went last week.  Metal detectors at the entrance.  They didn't have any issues with my pocket knife.  

Smaller knife I presume.Last year at the checkpoint a guard noticed my Spyderco Para Military clipped to my pocket.They measured it and I had to take it back to the truck.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, et45 said:

Smaller knife I presume.Last year at the checkpoint a guard noticed my Spyderco Para Military clipped to my pocket.They measured it and I had to take it back to the truck.

Yeah, nothing huge, probably a 2 1/2" blade. 

• Like 1

Several times in the past (pre metal detectors), the guard inspecting my wife's purse found her folder, palmed it, handed it to her, and quietly said "put this in your pocket please."   

Good to know they'll let smaller blades go. It's not like they have metal tableware in the restaurants... 

• 10 months later...

Thank GOD my kids have out grown that place.  I did  not carry there but them going through our bags did not sit well with me.  My biggest problem with the place was the crowds. We would go in about the the last 2 or 3 hours they were open when most people were leaving and get on the rides a lot faster. Waiting 2 hrs to get on a ride is not my thing.

I know this is minor but we had bought the large DW cups because of the discount on the refills.  A few years ago they started charging more if you cup was more than 3 or 4 years old.  I contacted then and ask them why I had to pay more because my cup was older they started explaining to me the cost of doing business.  I ask them if they could tell me why it cost them more to refill my old cup than to refill a new cup I would gladly pay the extra.  

I am pretty sure your not allowed to take bottled water in as well now, I think that has more to do with looking through bags that weapons.

20 hours ago, 45guy said:

Thank GOD my kids have out grown that place. 

Indeed.  There are many unexpected blessings to growing older.  With all of my kids now grown and out of the house, I am secure in the knowledge I will never again have to visit a theme park, and will never have to watch another Disney animated movie.  

Cheers,

Whisper

• Like 3
41 minutes ago, Whisper said:

Indeed.  There are many unexpected blessings to growing older.  With all of my kids now grown and out of the house, I am secure in the knowledge I will never again have to visit a theme park, and will never have to watch another Disney animated movie.  

Well, one could make the argument that a gun show is a theme park for adults. Goodness knows it can cost a lot more too, if you're not careful!   😝

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Whisper said:

Cheers,

Whisper

You just get a break for a few years, it starts all over with grandkids. 

• Like 1