Ford 2021 Bronco, Who's Getting One?

Blitzen

5 minutes ago, Jeb48 said:

Local Ford dealer said he had pre orders deposits for 49 Bronco, most he ever got for any new model. Also said he had zero for the new Mustang Mach-E. 

haha... maybe because it is not a mustang.  Does anyone know why they had an obsession to name it the "mustang"?

Bring back another retired model name - or come up with something new.  It is probably a great product.  I would probably consider purchasing Ford's new 4-door electric sports sedan, but I wouldn't buy a "mustang" that has absolutely nothing to do with the lineage or name of the Ford mustang.

Edited by Peace
  • Like 2
6 minutes ago, Peace said:

haha... maybe because it is not a mustang.  Does anyone know why they had an obsession to name it the "mustang"?

Bring back another retired model name - or come up with something new.  It is probably a great product.  I would probably consider purchasing Ford's new 4-door electric sports sedan, but I wouldn't buy a "mustang" that has absolutely nothing to do with the lineage or name of the Ford mustang.

Hummer just did the same dam thing, Hummer EV with really cool stats 1000HP and 11500 FT # of Torque....🤣

I guess I see the Hummer thing as a little different from Ford's mustang.  Hummer is a retired badge.  They are still making Mustangs - 2-door, RWD coupe.  The Hummer looks like it could be a continuation of the Hummer line... and follows the same general format while using electric propulsion.

-but yeah, the specs on the Hummer are out of this world!!

Edited by Peace
2 hours ago, MacGyver said:

Let’s have a review of that rooftop tent. 

2 hours ago, Erik88 said:

I wish. It's just a CVT awning mounted on a roof basket. I don't trust my old camper shell to hold that much weight. 

I had a CVT Mt. Hood picked out but my wife says no for some reason.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Erik88 said:

Honestly, it's not that I don't like them. I love the Raptor. I just don't think Ford makes nearly as reliable a vehicle as I would want to buy. I've read so many horror stories. Half the guys on the Tundra forum are ones that gave up on their unreliable Dodge/Chevy/Ford and bought a Tundra. There are members on there with 500k miles. Numerous with over 300k. 

Like I said, I'm loyal to Toyota or possibly Honda. I wouldn't even buy a Nissan. I bought a Rav4 new for my wife in 2012. So far the only non routine thing I've had to replace is a radiator hose. That's through 8 years and 125k miles. My dad bought a Rogue a few months after us in 2012 and it's needed all kinds of work. He's on his 3rd set of CV axles. Toyota just builds a better vehicle than most.

There are 2 Tundras documented with a million miles and one that died around 925k.

https://www.motortrend.com/news/million-mile-tundra-the-tear-down/

I'm happily driving my nearly 19 year old Tundra with 175k miles. I just sent an oil sample to Blackstone labs and got a clean bill of health. We just took it to the outer banks a few months ago.

DSC01060.JPG

1004201243_HDR.jpg

I agree with you on the Toyotas. We have great luck with them.

It has been my experience that Ford makes a more reliable truck than Chevy or Dodge. I don’t think I can equate Ford with Toyota however.

15 hours ago, Peace said:

Far as I know, they still own the Pinto and Maverick names.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I think the Bronco has a huge potential of being very competitive in the 4x4 market despite Covid19 setbacks.  There will be a lot of options/accessories down the road and should be just as customizable as Jeeps etc. One of the available accessories show cased is a slide out table in the back. Now those are cool. I think some other companies like Toyota offer them. Transferring reservations to orders happens from mid Jan into March so have some time to make a hard decision. Would like to see some independent reviews. Updated build and price scheduled to be out by order time. Still many unanswered questions. My small town dealership has 9 reservations. At least one is with a dealership employee. Would be interesting to know how may of the 190,000 Bronco reservations are actually held by people connected with the dealerships. Also will be interesting to see how many reservations actually are converted into orders.

885031001_Pullouttable2.jpg.68790f679e402184700cae1098589533.jpg447294088_pullouttable.jpg.e7a0601907b0a6553d406a63622c67cf.jpg

• Like 1
  • Admin Team
26 minutes ago, Jeb48 said:

Ford is planning a new pickup that will be the size of the original Ranger and will call it Maverick.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/2022-ford-maverick-pickup-everything-we-know/ar-BB17BM3a

That’s an unfilled space in the market where I expect they’ll see some success.

It’s been a while since we’ve seen a truck the size of the older T100s or Rangers.

Not everyone needs or wants a bigger truck - my mom would by an old Ranger-sized truck in a heartbeat. 

• Like 1
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, MacGyver said:

That’s an unfilled space in the market where I expect they’ll see some success.

It’s been a while since we’ve seen a truck the size of the older T100s or Rangers.

Not everyone needs or wants a bigger truck - my mom would by an old Ranger-sized truck in a heartbeat. 

The key is will it be a reasonable price? The biggest issue I see with the modern pickup market is that they’re all too damn expensive. I think a small pickup in the area of $15k-17k msrp would sell like gangbusters.

I miss when a pickup was a utilitarian vehicle for the blue collar working man instead of a high end luxury status symbol. 

Edited by Chucktshoes
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, Chucktshoes said:

The biggest issue I see with the modern pickup market is that they’re all too damn expensive. I think a small pickup in the area of $15k-17k msrp would sell like gangbusters.

That hasn't been the case in the last several years, at least in the US.  Domestic manufacturers are pretty much abandoning cars in favor of SUV's and trucks, due to poor sales of smaller vehicles.  The best-selling model for each of the "big 3" has been their pickup line, and the higher end models (seemingly) do better than the lower end, or even the loss leaders.  Another mark against manufacturers switching to small, cheap trucks is the loss of profit potential.  There's more profit in the sale of one high-end, loaded truck or SUV than there would be in 5 sales of something like you're advocating.  Maybe the rest of the world might go for something like the old Rangers, Dakotas, S-10's and the like, but in the US they are a failed concept ...

• Sad 1
  • Moderators
4 minutes ago, No_0ne said:

That hasn't been the case in the last several years, at least in the US.  Domestic manufacturers are pretty much abandoning cars in favor of SUV's and trucks, due to poor sales of smaller vehicles.  The best-selling model for each of the "big 3" has been their pickup line, and the higher end models (seemingly) do better than the lower end, or even the loss leaders.  Another mark against manufacturers switching to small, cheap trucks is the loss of profit potential.  There's more profit in the sale of one high-end, loaded truck or SUV than there would be in 5 sales of something like you're advocating.  Maybe the rest of the world might go for something like the old Rangers, Dakotas, S-10's and the like, but in the US they are a failed concept ...

I guess I’ll have to continue to be happy with buying 20+ year old pickups. 😂

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

I guess I’ll have to continue to be happy with buying 20+ year old pickups. 😂

Wise man.  I have bought exactly one new vehicle in my life, and even though I'm sure it was just luck of the draw it turned out to be the sorriest POS I ever owned ...

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Chucktshoes said:

The key is will it be a reasonable price? The biggest issue I see with the modern pickup market is that they’re all too damn expensive. I think a small pickup in the area of $15k-17k msrp would sell like gangbusters.

I miss when a pickup was a utilitarian vehicle for the blue collar working man instead of a high end luxury status symbol. 

I dont think they can even build one for that sadly. The cost of materials is so high. One of the guys on the Tundra forum just had his catalytic converters stolen. 

$6,000 to replace them.... 

26 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

I didn’t know OJ’s Bronco was destroyed after the verdict. I wonder how they justified that??

Apparently there is some confusion because O.J had one just like it but the one he actually ran from the cops in didn't belong to him. The getaway Bronco is still around 

https://www.sportscasting.com/what-happened-to-al-cowlings-o-j-simpsons-former-teammate-and-white-bronco-driver/

50 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

Apparently there is some confusion because O.J had one just like it but the one he actually ran from the cops in didn't belong to him. The getaway Bronco is still around 

https://www.sportscasting.com/what-happened-to-al-cowlings-o-j-simpsons-former-teammate-and-white-bronco-driver/

No confusion on my part. As I said above, AJ Cowlings Bronco (The famous pursuit Bronco) is on display in Pigeon Forge. But there are news stories that say OJ’s Bronco (the blood stained Bronco) being held as evidence was destroyed. I was just wondering out loud how they justify destroying someone’s personal property after a not guilty verdict??