Ford 2021 Bronco, Who's Getting One?

Blitzen

I think they design is cool and I'd buy one if money were no object.  Reality is though I'd have to trade my Lexus GX460 for one and I'm not sure I'm willing to do that for a year 1 production.  I'll probably just keep the GX and buy and 1st Gen 4Runner as a toy to keep me happy.  That's today's prediction, tomorrow may be different haha

IMG_1632.thumb.jpg.98dff8458f628d8d4dbdf7574ebbb030.jpg

• Like 1
  • Admin Team
5 minutes ago, Lumber_Jack said:

I think they design is cool and I'd buy one if money were no object.  Reality is though I'd have to trade my Lexus GX460 for one and I'm not sure I'm willing to do that for a year 1 production.  I'll probably just keep the GX and buy and 1st Gen 4Runner as a toy to keep me happy.  That's today's prediction, tomorrow may be different haha

Do y’all actually live in that house, or is that just a rental with a really clean garage where you keep your truck?

My garage wouldn’t look that clean if I emptied it out. 

• Like 4
Just now, MacGyver said:

Do y’all actually live in that house, or is that just a rental with a really clean garage where you keep your truck?

My garage wouldn’t look that clean if I emptied it out. 

hahah, so we have 3 garage spaces a double car in the back and a single car towards the front.  All the crap is in the single car garage.  But soon I will be building a workstation and cabinets in front of the GX so no doubt the accumulation of crap will begin in this garage.  

• Like 1

Surprised by all the thumbs down posts on the fords. I owned Jeep’s, fords, Pontiacs, nissans, mostly fords though in trucks. I owned one Dodge Ram diesel. I bought it new in 2001. I sold it at 140K miles before something else broke that costs me over $1,000 to fix. It cost me $900 to get the heater core replaced, and it destroyed my dash in the process. Front bearings cost $800 since I had to buy the entire hub at $300 for each side plus labor. They didn’t make a bearing set for it. Low pressure fuel pump and high pressure fuel pump costs $3,500 to replace. The evaporator core for the Air conditioner went out and it was going to be another $900 since it was under the dash right next to the heater core. I sold it.

• Admin Team
12 minutes ago, Randall53 said:

Surprised by all the thumbs down posts on the fords. I owned Jeep’s, fords, Pontiacs, nissans, mostly fords though in trucks. I owned one Dodge Ram diesel. I bought it new in 2001. I sold it at 140K miles before something else broke that costs me over $1,000 to fix. It cost me $900 to get the heater core replaced, and it destroyed my dash in the process. Front bearings cost $800 since I had to buy the entire hub at $300 for each side plus labor. They didn’t make a bearing set for it. Low pressure fuel pump and high pressure fuel pump costs $3,500 to replace. The evaporator core for the Air conditioner went out and it was going to be another $900 since it was under the dash right next to the heater core. I sold it.

I know so many people who had that same experience with Dodge trucks of that era.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Jeb48 said:

Ford is planning a new pickup that will be the size of the original Ranger and will call it Maverick.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/2022-ford-maverick-pickup-everything-we-know/ar-BB17BM3a

The Ranger is a good size truck for me.

I currently flog a Forester because I really like the short turning radius and short wheelbase when off road. 

As for Mavericks - I totaled a Mercury Comet variant. They sure weren't designed for safety - ouch!

24 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

I know so many people who had that same experience with Dodge trucks of that era.

It was the Gen 3 issue that really bombed for the average truck user. 1999 through 2002 or maybe 2003. The gen 3 models with Cummins engines also had block cracking problems with the engines stamped with a 53, but I escaped that fate. They are in more demand to the race crowd since those engines were the last made with no emissions and was very tunable for high HP and torque. Those guys are mostly super mechanics and handle all the other shortfalls.

Edited by Randall53
58 minutes ago, Lumber_Jack said:

You and I have similar taste. I love the GX platform. The 470's recently started climbing in price. Nice choice on the SCS wheels.

I'm obsessed with this guys 1st Gen. I just wish they had more power.  

I had a 91 with the 3.slooow V6 and it was pathetic.

Capture+_2020-12-13-17-00-17.png

Capture+_2020-12-13-16-57-22.png

35 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

You and I have similar taste. I love the GX platform. The 470's recently started climbing in price. Nice choice on the SCS wheels.

Man that is one clean 4runner.  Might be too clean for what I need haha.  I'd take a 22RE any day, but I will likely avoid the 3.0.  It was an option in some 1988's and all 1989's and those years are less desirable for that reason.  Many have swapped a 3.4 into those and had great results.  My preference would be a 1985 that had both 22RE and solid front axle but those are getting hard to find in todays market

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Erik88 said:

That’s sexy. You know what would make it extra sexy? Swapping a Cummins R2.8 into it. 

• Love 1
  • Admin Team
1 hour ago, Lumber_Jack said:

Man that is one clean 4runner.  Might be too clean for what I need haha.  I'd take a 22RE any day, but I will likely avoid the 3.0.  It was an option in some 1988's and all 1989's and those years are less desirable for that reason.  Many have swapped a 3.4 into those and had great results.  My preference would be a 1985 that had both 22RE and solid front axle but those are getting hard to find in todays market

My dad got an ‘85 4Runner the day it came out. 

We took the top off exactly one time in all the years we had it.

I remember thinking at the time, that they had basically cut the rear window out of a pickup and put a factory camper top and rear seats in it. It still had ribs in the bed under the carpet.

I learned to drive a manual transmission in that truck. I don’t know why we sold it - but I drove the XJ we got afterwards for a bunch of years. 

• Like 3
  • Moderators
13 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

Putting a non-Toyota engine in a Toyota vehicle is a crime punishable by death. 

Not when it’s a diesel swap. Especially that particular engine.  That Cummins R.28 is a wicked awesome crate. All the low end torque of a diesel with the get up and go of a gasser. 

7 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

My dad got an ‘85 4Runner the day it came out. 

We took the top off exactly one time in all the years we had it.

I remember thinking at the time, that they had basically cut the rear window out of a pickup and put a factory camper top and rear seats in it. It still had ribs in the bed under the carpet.

I learned to drive a manual transmission in that truck. I don’t know why we sold it - but I drove the XJ we got afterwards for a bunch of years. 

Yeah those tops are very heavy, I can imagine taking them off was a huge pain.  But now they have aftermarket soft tops which are super cool IMO
2104903726_Softtop1.png.4cc5a1a10767bbc7af5e9f4529c1b1da.png
1991324789_softtop2.png.eabbccd97fc125847b2abed6ea9815ee.png

• Love 1
  • Admin Team
12 minutes ago, Lumber_Jack said:

Yeah those tops are very heavy, I can imagine taking them off was a huge pain.  But now they have aftermarket soft tops which are super cool IMO
2104903726_Softtop1.png.4cc5a1a10767bbc7af5e9f4529c1b1da.png
1991324789_softtop2.png.eabbccd97fc125847b2abed6ea9815ee.png

Yeah, I bet that thing weighed every bit of 350 lbs. 

It was one of those situations when you’re a kid where you realize, “oh wait, adults don’t actually know everything.”

I have a distinct memory of me, my dad, and one of my friends kind of sliding  that thing back to the point where all of the weight was on us and suddenly thinking that this was a really bad idea. 

• Haha 1
  • 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, Johnny Rotten said:

Seen a new Bronco this morning, to my surprise its small, not sure why I was expecting it be full-size......all that excitement 

Disbelief Reaction GIF

That's the Bronco Sport, essentially a slightly less gay version of the Escape. I too, was disappointed. 

The Big Bronco hasn't been released yet.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
On 12/19/2020 at 8:49 PM, MacGyver said:

I sure like that step and the grab bar in the tailgate of the newer F-150s.

I’m skinny and still pretty agile, but I sure wouldn’t mind seeing those catch on. 

Chevy ran an ad making fun of that step when it debuted. 

Now, the current GMCs are available with  a tailgate that does the same thing, a step on each side of the number and another step on the bedside bottoms. 

• Like 1
On 12/19/2020 at 8:49 PM, MacGyver said:

I sure like that step and the grab bar in the tailgate of the newer F-150s.

I’m skinny and still pretty agile, but I sure wouldn’t mind seeing those catch on. 

That is the only way I can get into the back of my F150.  Pretty darn sturdy because it has no issues holding my weight.

Well I feel better now. I really like how the new Bronco looks in all the photos. Then I saw what I thought was a new Bronco and thought it looked like @ss. 

If that was a Bronco Sport, then there is still hope. It reminded me of a Bronco II.