Beware of active spammers

Raoul

Yep. Starting getting weird texts about 2 weeks before the election. Usually late night or early morning. Deleted and passed it off as scams wanting campaign support, both candidates, etc. Got one at 3am this morning saying my Google account was compromised and I needed to log in with this link to confirm who I am. Deleted it too. 

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, DaveTN said:

I can’t even begin to tell you how many warrants have been issued for my arrest. I’m expecting to hit the FBI’s 10 most wanted at any time.

Between that an my vehicle's warranty running out I can barely sleep at night. 

• Haha 2

Good reminder to be vigilant, especially this time of year with other distractions.

Beware Fedex labeled texts. My wife had been getting very convincing looking Fedex tracking texts, but had the presence to have me look at it knowing I have a Fedex account and get them regularly. These came from a phone number versus an automated account, spelled and formatted consistent with the real ones. Parts of the bogus link's URL were close. Perfect for current events having people mail ordering so much, would easily fool those without a Fedex account. Probably the best phishing item I've ever seen. 

Also been getting Wells Fargo texts, but since we dont have accounts with them, no need to check any further.

21 hours ago, Chucktshoes said:

Spam texts are increasing, as are funky calls. Got a robocall where the machine went on to ask if I would like to accept the call from the number that was calling me. 

Nooooope. 

Got that one too.

• Like 1