China says: "private ownership of firearms in US a problem"

16 minutes ago, JunkiCosmonaut said:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/communist-china-private-ownership-of-guns-in-u-s-serious-problem-must-change 

I dont think this is impressive or surprising, but what do you guys think in light of all of the information around possible Chinese influences in the US.

This is in no way surprising, given the totalitarian nature of the Communist government in China.  However, most of the world has no history of the "right to bear arms", and much of the world imposes restrictions, many severe, on private ownership and possession of guns.  As such, many people across the world, not just those in dictatorships and under repressive governments, have little understanding of gun issues in the US, and honestly can't understand or sympathize with the existence of our second amendment, the number and prevalence of privately owned arms in the US, or our desire to maintain individual gun rights and privileges. Most see it as an anachronism not relevant to modern societies, leading to a wide gulf in how we and they view gun ownership, individual rights and the necessity of an armed citizenry ...

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

To be fair, we do it everywhere as well.  We tell everywhere else what they need to be doing. I care about as much what they think as they do what I think.  

Of course some are going to think it’s great. So be it.  I quit worrying about what others think a long time.  Only those looking for validation will give two craps what China thinks.  

• Like 9
  • Love 1

Of course it’s a problem for them when a country they are trying to overrun has armed citizens, or their own that they are trying to kill get armed. Part of the justification for using the Atom Bombs on Japan came from the high estimates on casualties we would incur trying to invade Japan due to armed citizens.

I don’t think China or Russia either one is an immediate threat to us militarily right now. But China is certainly more of a threat to our economy. The incoming administration is refusing to address the claims made against Joe’s involvement with China. We deserve an explanation, and we aren’t getting it; so he’s compromised on the China issue in my eyes. Of course we will see what happens.

I feel the same why about how China feels about our laws that I do about the gun laws of other states; I don’t give a rolling rip down a razor blade what they think; and in our country I care what the state of Tennessee does.

As Hozzie stated; we get in everyone’s business about nuclear weapons. If I was running a country I would want and expect to have nuclear weapons to protect my country. I wouldn’t care what the U.S. or the U.N. thought about it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I really don't care what most other foreign countries think of the US in terms of policy or culture or whatever it may be. (I know in the UK they are obsessed with the US, and the irony is no one in the US thinks about them once a month). I also really don't care what other foreign countries do in and of themselves or their policies.  My only interest in china is that I do believe china has a vested interest in gaining political influence in America (or has already gained). I'm not surprised china would position themselves in this way, I'm only interested in if china would put their weight behind gun control policies in the US. which I think they will (or maybe do). And again, I don't think this is surprising to anyone here I think most people here keep their ear to the ground really well.

Edited by JunkiCosmonaut
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, 10-Ring said:

If they would quit making crappy aftermarket parts for our guns that they hate so much, that would be great.

Sure, but if suppressors were ever removed from the NFA; you could buy quality suppressors from here for $100 or crappy ones from them for $25 and throw them away when they broke or needed cleaning.

🤣

Nothing new to anyone who bothered to look into Chinese policy would realize that they believe they have been at war with the US for at least 50 years.  Not a shooting war, but they have been very active in subversion, spying, stealing technology, and buying influence.15 years ago I worked with some folks who were former NSA.  We were in Dulles airport and they were pointing out the Chinese agents who were following congressional aides and other folks and listening in to bluetooth cellphone calls and copying data from their laptops.

I was amazed at how clueless our people were.  Nobody seemed to have any sense of worry that the information they were freely mentioning in their calls was being monitored.  Just listening to the one side of the conversation you could hear as those idiots loudly talked on their phones was enough to let me know that they were saying things that really should have been controlled.

It was no surprise to me to learn that thousands of Chinese Communist Party members were in high-level positions in our industry, research, and government.

• Like 4
  • Administrator

China is the largest threat our country faces.  If our dip#### politicians are successful in disarming us, either because China is controlling their puppet strings directly or indirectly, we are screwed.

Never forget that Japan was fearful of our "rifles behind every blade of grass" during WWII.  So is China.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

China is just trying to poke a finger at us in a PR war.  They also harangue us over racial disparity and healthcare if memory serves.

5 hours ago, No_0ne said:

most of the world has no history of the "right to bear arms"

It is very much an American concept.  Even in a country like Israel where gun ownership makes a lot of sense, the gun laws are vastly in line with the state regulating things tightly.  In America, we see gun ownership as security from the state first, then part of a plan to defend the state if needs be.

Edited by btq96r
  • Like 1

I don't think China would engage the US in a war with guns as the cost in human life would be too great for both sides.  They will try and conquer the US thru economic and technological means, which the maroons in DC have turned a blind eye to.  Businesses want to do business with China because they will make money, but they will lose their soles and technology to China.  

• Like 3

Of course China thinks gun ownership is a problem in this country.  Most every country without the rights we enjoy thinks the same thing.  That’s all of them BTW.

Problem is China carries great weight on the global stage now.  We have only ourselves to thank for that.

Edited by Garufa
  • Like 3

It’s an indication of what the New World Order (globalization) is going to demand.   Now that the Democrats and liberal media have demonized nationalism (doing what’s best for America) this is where the new administration will be taking us. 

• Like 3