China says: "private ownership of firearms in US a problem"

7 minutes ago, JunkiCosmonaut said:

I have this image in my head of Carl from aqua teen in tactical gear on top of a giant pile of ammo cans in sweat pants and flip flops going "you want some of this ammo fry man!?"

Ever read Robert A. Heinlein's "Farnhams Freehold?" Remember the end?

Basically it's "Food for books" as the return's message. Maybe we can trade ammo for books, and then trade the books for food. 

Until then, I'll keep mine...and if possible someday...add more.

• Like 1
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, JunkiCosmonaut said:

I have this image in my head of Carl from aqua teen in tactical gear on top of a giant pile of ammo cans in sweat pants and flip flops going "you want some of this ammo fry man!?"

I didn’t realize we had met in real life. 😂

• Haha 2
  • Administrator
54 minutes ago, Quavodus said:

Lots of people have more ammo than they need. But, the old saying goes have more than you think you'll need.

You can never have too much ammo unless you're swimming or on fire.  Or if you're an ornery 90+ year old coot with two CONNEX trailers full of .22LR buried in your backyard.  🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
57 minutes ago, Quavodus said:

Lots of people have more ammo than they need. But, the old saying goes have more than you think you'll need.

I wish I had the quantity some people think I have. lol

Also wish I had the stash that I know some of you have!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
38 minutes ago, Quavodus said:

I wish the same thing, Hipower. 

I run a count every so often. the first time I did it some years back...I frightened my wife and myself with the total rounds. Then I stepped back and realized that it really wasn't all that high. About 20% was, and still is,  22 and 22 mag. Scatter the rest among the basic pistol calibers that most have, and some rifle and all too few shotgun rounds...it's really not a big number.

I've heard people say that you need 1000 rounds to be "prepared". For What?

Dedicated shooters will go thru that in a month or less. 

I've heard that you should have 5000 rounds of your preferred pistol and rifle round. Then again...I've seen photos that just blow that statement away.

So what's right? The right number? Your number? Is it that basement/storage room we see shown here sometimes? The one with cases stacked on pallets and against the walls? I can dream can't I?

My answer? It's that I can shoot when I want without running out and searching for a box of whatever caliber I need.

Is it what I want to have on hand? Is it "enough"? Well...no. I'd much prefer to have the hidden armory buried out in the desert that Arnold/T2 version uncovers before going after Cyberdine Systems.

I think that would be enough for me.

Maybe. 

Edited by hipower
  • Like 2
54 minutes ago, NwoSlave said:

i hope it gives them pause if they have any desire to physically invade us.  im sure the simulated war games they play in their military meetings has a consideration for civilian gun ownership. 

Unless your the Military, you don't go and mess with Rednecks. Rednecks ran the British out of America over 200 years ago. Twice.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Garufa said:

Sure as hell wasn’t rednecks.  Most of their wagons would have been in the front yard with only three wheels.

With the horse hanging from a tree. That was a motor reference.

Edited by Quavodus