JTS AK Platform 12 gauge - Saiga Parts Compatibility

Guest BHG123

So far, this shotgun is great for the money.  There are only 2 things I would change about it.  One is not mechanically necessary, just aesthetics, as in furniture.  The other, is one plastic part, I do not know what it is called.  I will elaborate in my questions below, and I will start with my mechanical concern, as it is important to the reliability of the firearm:

1) I do not know what to call the part.  It is something that does not exist on an AK47.  It goes under the receiver cover, covers an open gap, and is attached to the return spring. One diagram might call it a guard?  My question/concern is, that this piece is plastic on an otherwise sturdy metal gun.  Is this standard on a Russian Saiga, or is it a cheap, plastic part on my Chinese Commie gun?  I would like to replace it, if it would make the gun more sturdy, but I am not sure if there is a 1-to-1 part replacement for it.  I will attach a picture below.

2)  Furniture.  The girl is pretty much a Plain Jane Chinese looking thing right now.  She would be beautiful with a little well polished wood in the fore grip, gas tube and possibly other areas.  I suspect that a standard AK47 wood replacement on the gas tube would have to be worked a little wider to accommodate the 12 gauge barrel.  Any recommendations on replacement furniture, what might be compatible, what is not, etc?

Thank you and looking forward to this discussion!

JTS Pic.jpg

JTS Shroud.jpg

JTS Pic Chu.jpgJTS Pic Russian.jpg

Edited by BHG123
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Popular Days

Posted Images