Jump to content

Rare Breed Triggers.


Recommended Posts

Pardon my lack of knowledge here. But as I understand this trigger assembly, it functions as an assisted short reset trigger?

In the video, at around the 29 second mark, it appears to me that the movement of the trigger rearward to fire is greatly shortened.  But a very brief view of actual firing and being able to watch the trigger. Is that what you see? Just what I thought I saw anyway.

Opinions?

Edited by hipower
Link to comment
7 minutes ago, hipower said:

Pardon my lack of knowledge here. But as I understand this trigger assembly, it functions as an assisted short reset trigger?

In the video, at around the 29 second mark, it appears to me that the movement of the trigger rearward to fire is greatly shortened.  But a very brief view of actual firing and being able to watch the trigger. Is that what you see? Just what I thought I saw anyway.

Opinions?

It's a forced reset trigger. The BCG pushes the trigger and your finger forward as it travels rearward. As it goes back into battery, it trips the locking bar allowing the trigger to be pulled again. 

Link to comment

Buddy of mine just ordered one after I showed him the video.  He plans to use it in his next build.  Should be interesting.  The company, Rare Breed Triggers, as well as my friend who ordered the trigger are in Florida.  When Florida passed a Bump-Stock ban prior to the Feds doing so Florida worded the law in such a way to prohibit any device, attachment, or accessory that accelerates rate of fire.  Many keyboard warriors have argued that in Florida that would include binary triggers, although there is no case law on that which I am aware of.

Link to comment
16 hours ago, billyblazes said:

When Florida passed a Bump-Stock ban prior to the Feds doing so Florida worded the law in such a way to prohibit any device, attachment, or accessory that accelerates rate of fire.  

I don’t know, but I suspect that will be in proposed legislation soon. Will it pass? Who knows. But I suspect it will be worded so broadly as to cover most any aftermarket trigger.

I didn’t know Florida passed a law like that. Do you have a link to the specifics?

Link to comment

 

 
Title XLVI
CRIMES
Chapter 790 
WEAPONS AND FIREARMS
View Entire Chapter
790.222 Bump-fire stocks prohibited.A person may not import into this state or transfer, distribute, sell, keep for sale, offer for sale, possess, or give to another person a bump-fire stock. A person who violates this section commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084. As used in this section, the term “bump-fire stock” means a conversion kit, a tool, an accessory, or a device used to alter the rate of fire of a firearm to mimic automatic weapon fire or which is used to increase the rate of fire to a faster rate than is possible for a person to fire such semiautomatic firearm unassisted by a kit, a tool, an accessory, or a device.
Edited by billyblazes
Link to comment
7 minutes ago, billyblazes said:

Take note of the last sentence as to how the term “bump-fire stock” is defined. People have argued that it could be applied to a rubber band 

I don’t know how fast you can fire using a rubber band, but if this statement applied…

Quote

As used in this section, the term “bump-fire stock” means a conversion kit, a tool, an accessory, or a device used to alter the rate of fire of a firearm to mimic automatic weapon fire or which is used to increase the rate of fire to a faster rate than is possible for a person to fire such semiautomatic firearm unassisted by a kit, a tool, an accessory, or a device.

It could be.

Link to comment
3 minutes ago, billyblazes said:

Maybe as the standard for the speed “a person to fire such semiautomatic firearm unassisted” is determined we can use Jerry Miculek as the benchmark? 😂

 

2 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

I have two words that will keep anyone from being convicted under that statute. 
 

Jerry Miculek

 

Absolutely! But I would bet it cost you a lot to get Jerry Miculek for your expert witness. 🤣

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I realize your comment may have been in just.   My self-defense insurance covers me only for a self-defense incident. I don’t think it’s any help to me if I get popped for contraband. Likewise, I doubt my umbrella policy covering home, autos, etc. would cover me in an area where I’m accused of breaking the law over a piece of equipment. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Capbyrd said:

Belt loops are used for bump fire.  We must ban them!

Obviously you can’t. But is sure does look like that Florida law can be used to convict you of a felony if you use them to increase the rate of fire of your firearm.

Link to comment
  • 5 months later...

I ran a Rare Breed trigger a couple of weeks ago. Mimicking full auto was neat.  It sucked not being able to shoot a single round due to it always mimicking full auto fire.  That for me was a deal breaker. 
I have video of me running the trigger if anyone wants to see it.  Video is too large to post. 

Link to comment
Just now, billyblazes said:

I ran a Rare Breed trigger a couple of weeks ago. Mimicking full auto was neat.  It sucked not being able to shoot a single round due to it always mimicking full auto fire.  That for me was a deal breaker. 
I have video of me running the trigger if anyone wants to see it.  Video is too large to post. 

check out the video of the female shooter on that link I posted, she's doing a single shot and a double shot.  How?  Can you like slow the rifle's role somehow to do that consistently by playing with spring and buffer maybe?

Link to comment
13 hours ago, MemphisStuck said:

check out the video of the female shooter on that link I posted, she's doing a single shot and a double shot.  How?  Can you like slow the rifle's role somehow to do that consistently by playing with spring and buffer maybe?

Lots of training… 😆

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions. TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines
 
We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.