Letting customers gouge themselves.

Got a e-mail ad from CDNN today. They are putting case lots of ammo on Gunbroker.  Gotta admit, that's pretty smart. Make maximum profit and the customer sets the price.  Nobody cab accuse them of price gouging.  Starting bids are $.01. Yet the offered cases of 5.56 & 7.62X51 ball ammo are already up to just over a $1 per round. 9mm115 fMJ & .45acp 230 FMJ ammo are just passing $.80 per round with several hours yet to go.  I'll try to remember to check back after the auctions end and see what they end up going for in these crazy times. 

• Like 4

Been out all day, and saw that email a hour or so ago. Wow!

I think I sold that case of PMC too cheap! lol

If this keeps up, I might break out some 124 Gr. Winchester!  That ought to bring 1.2+ a round! lol!

Not likely though. Not from me.

Edited by hipower
  • Like 2
5 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

Got a e-mail ad from CDNN today. They are putting case lots of ammo on Gunbroker.  Gotta admit, that's pretty smart. Make maximum profit and the customer sets the price.  Nobody cab accuse them of price gouging.  Starting bids are $.01. Yet the offered cases of 5.56 & 7.62X51 ball ammo are already up to just over a $1 per round. 9mm115 fMJ & .45acp 230 FMJ ammo are just passing $.80 per round with several hours yet to go.  I'll try to remember to check back after the auctions end and see what they end up going for in these crazy times. 

CDNN stopped selling ammo not too long ago. I guess they decided time was right to get back in.

21 hours ago, TGO David said:

Auctions are the purest form of the free market. 

I agree with this and I actually have no issue with this. I was at an LGS Wednesday and they had 9mm in plastic ziplock bags, 50 rounds for $49.99.I have no idea who was loading it. Could some Bubba for all I know. 

15 hours ago, Moped said:

was at an LGS Wednesday and they had 9mm in plastic ziplock bags, 50 rounds for $49.99.

Was there a tax stamp on each baggie?

Is a tax stamp required?

Did they buy a lot of loose rounds and repackage?

The unknown source or Bubba's Reloading LLC can add some spice to your shooting life...

• Haha 2