Prayers for Nashville!!! Explosion reported

A.J. Holst

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, FUJIMO said:

I have a bad feeling regardless of what its intentions were/are it ironically only means bad things for gun owners after the media circus and libs put their spin on it. More push for common sense gun control 🙄

News reports said that there was apparently ammunition inside the RV and that it was cooking off due to the fire.  There will be some tie to gun owners as a result of this.

The Twitter accounts that @Daniel mentioned previously were from someone calling themselves "S McG" or variations of it.  The first damn things that my mind extrapolated that abbreviation to was "Shooter McGee" or "Shooter McGavin".  The latter was the antagonist on the movie Happy Gilmore starring Adam Sandler.

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, TGO David said:

News reports said that there was apparently ammunition inside the RV and that it was cooking off due to the fire.  There will be some tie to gun owners as a result of this.

The Twitter accounts that @Daniel mentioned previously were from someone calling themselves "S McG" or variations of it.  The first damn things that my mind extrapolated that abbreviation to was "Shooter McGee" or "Shooter McGavin".  The latter was the antagonist on the movie Happy Gilmore starring Adam Sandler.

Funny thing is I've relied solely on TGO for updates since we have members right in the mix and local news sux. I didnt even click on daniels links I simply feel the swell of animosity brewing for gun owners post election, rhetoric starting to ramp back up, and a major gun owner related "mass" something waiting to be unleashed in the coming weeks. And this isn't it, just an appetizer. 

• Thanks 1
59 minutes ago, FUJIMO said:

I have a bad feeling regardless of what its intentions were/are it ironically only means bad things for gun owners after the media circus and libs put their spin on it. More push for common sense gun control 🙄

Well I bought my first RV last summer. So I guess I should be good when common sense RV control kicks in. Maybe??

• Haha 4
1 minute ago, DaveTN said:

Well I bought my first RV last summer. So I guess I should be good when common sense RV control kicks in. Maybe??

Funny you should say that. Some should remember the motorcoach I had listed in the classifieds. Well it sold earlier this year thanks to Covid. So between that and the fact I just own a blunderbuss for HD,EDC,etc I guess they can pass my place during Zee confiscation 🥸

12 minutes ago, FUJIMO said:

Funny you should say that. Some should remember the motorcoach I had listed in the classifieds. Well it sold earlier this year thanks to Covid. So between that and the fact I just own a blunderbuss for HD,EDC,etc I guess they can pass my place during Zee confiscation 🥸

My first RV trip was to Illinois loaded with weapons. How crazy is that? I ain't skeered.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, TGO David said:

I am not at liberty to share everything I know, but I've been privy to quite a bit of detail because of work.  The switching center was damaged pretty extensively.   The front third or so of the building sustained structural and mechanical damage.  There was/is water standing on the floors of most levels.  The basement was/is flooded.   All of this ostensibly due to fire suppression systems that were either triggered by fire or ruptured because of the concussive force of the blast.

Last night we were told that AT&T was bringing in national-level help from their own disaster recovery teams.  Generators to bring power online was one a priority.  I'm sure the flooding was even more of a priority.

I am more convinced now than I was 24 hours ago that the switching center was likely the specific target.  I may be proven wrong, but it just feels that way to me for a lot of reasons that I really can't go into beyond what I've already said in other posts.  Ironically, I made those posts before I know what I know now... so I'm not going to delete them.

This tracks pretty much word for word with an update I had passed along by the leader in my organization getting info.  Add in the update by AT&T ln their website earlier today and this isn't a quick fix at all.

• Like 1
  • Administrator
23 minutes ago, btq96r said:

This tracks pretty much word for word with an update I had passed along by the leader in my organization getting info.  Add in the update by AT&T ln their website earlier today and this isn't a quick fix at all.

The AT&T folks are shouldering a hell of a task right now.  I've worked with BellSouth and AT&T telco engineers for years, including the linemen out in the field, and if there is anything that impressed me about them more than their technical prowess it was their professional dedication to keeping "Ma Bell" online for the customer.

I imagine that you had engineers in the Nashville area who already had their work clothes and steel toed boots on before they even got the first phone call yesterday.  Those folks take pride in keeping people connected.  Just keep them in your thoughts because this wrecked Christmas for them and their families, and I bet a bunch of them spent Christmas day in a dangerous environment enduring absolutely miserable wet and cold conditions.

• Like 8
10 minutes ago, TGO David said:

The AT&T folks are shouldering a hell of a task right now.  I've worked with BellSouth and AT&T telco engineers for years, including the linemen out in the field, and if there is anything that impressed me about them more than their technical prowess it was their professional dedication to keeping "Ma Bell" online for the customer.

I imagine that you had engineers in the Nashville area who already had their work clothes and steel toed boots on before they even got the first phone call yesterday.  Those folks take pride in keeping people connected.  Just keep them in your thoughts because this wrecked Christmas for them and their families, and I bet a bunch of them spent Christmas day in a dangerous environment enduring absolutely miserable wet and cold conditions.

Yeah, it's all kinds of crazy to think people had to leave their families on Christmas morning to do damage control on a bomb site with work hazards galore and temps in the 20s.

But most folks probably just want their phone or internet back. 🙄

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Moderators
16 minutes ago, GlockSpock said:

Right or wrong, whenever I hear “Person of Interest” I think of Richard Jewell. 

I know we love speculating our asses off here, but it’s a solid idea not to make any hard judgements until time and evidence have time to bring clarity. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
28 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

I know we love speculating our asses off here, but it’s a solid idea not to make any hard judgements until time and evidence have time to bring clarity. 

Did you see the google street view images from his house?  It shows an RV that looks just like the one used in the bombing in his fenced in yard.  
https://heavy.com/news/anthony-quinn-warner/

Edited by Daniel
50 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

I just watched the Netflix show about this recently. Manhunt:Deadly Games is the name. It's heartbreaking what the FBI and media did to that man. 

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

I just watched the Netflix show about this recently. Manhunt:Deadly Games is the name. It's heartbreaking what the FBI and media did to that man. 

Very hard to watch, and not feel animosity towards FBI and media's talking heads. So right, Eric.

• Like 1

The FBI is investigating a duplex in Antioch on Bakertown Road... maybe 115? Bakertown. It's live feed on CBS 12 News on Facebook and, I think, Fox17.com. A guy is carrying two brown paper bags filled with something out of the walk-in basement as I type this. The POI is Anthony Warner, 63. There are photos of an identical RV in his backyard a year and a half ago. Google street view shows 5 No Trespassing signs on the back fence, one on the front fence, and one on the front door. 

The bomb disposal (or whatever they are called) showed up about a half hour ago, but then they left. Lots of guys standing around out front at first, but now the interest is all at the walk-in basement.

Edited by jgradyc

Normally I would have to assume, for them to release his name, that they had more than the fact he was a white man 63 years old and owned an RV similar to the one used. But who knows anymore??

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot; he had a drug conviction more than 40 years ago. (Didn’t want to leave that vitally important piece of info out.)

Edited by DaveTN
2 hours ago, Erik88 said:

Was anything new revealed at the press conference? I wasn't able to watch.

No, Metro PD didn’t know anymore, the FBI/ATF couldn’t say anything, and the Mayor was asking the Feds for money to rebuild.

But unless everything happened in about an hour; they had a person of interest while they were saying they couldn’t say anything.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Daniel said:

Did you see the google street view images from his house?  It shows an RV that looks just like the one used in the bombing in his fenced in yard.  
https://heavy.com/news/anthony-quinn-warner/

No, I hadn’t. That’s interesting. It appears to be a good piece of circumstantial evidence. I hope it means they are on the right track. To be clear though, I have zero belief that they are, or suspicions that they aren’t. I can only wait, and hope time will reveal the truth. 

Edited by Chucktshoes
7 hours ago, TGO David said:

I am not at liberty to share everything I know, but I've been privy to quite a bit of detail because of work.  The switching center was damaged pretty extensively.   The front third or so of the building sustained structural and mechanical damage.  There was/is water standing on the floors of most levels.  The basement was/is flooded.   All of this ostensibly due to fire suppression systems that were either triggered by fire or ruptured because of the concussive force of the blast.

Just goes to show how looks can be deceiving. Thanks for the inside-baseball info.