Prayers for Nashville!!! Explosion reported

A.J. Holst

Extremely indicative comment of Delusional Disorder.
Posted at 1:41 PM, Dec 28, 2020

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — The man accused of exploding a bomb in Nashville on Christmas told a neighbor days earlier that “Nashville and the world is never going to forget me.”

Rick Laude said he had a chance conversation with Anthony Quinn Warner at his mailbox Dec. 21. Laude said he casually asked Warner if he was expecting anything good from Santa for Christmas.

10 hours ago, Oh Shoot said:

Strange,  on Fox today

https://www.foxnews.com/us/anthony-quinn-warner-what-to-know-about-the-nashville-bombing-suspect

"County records unearthed Sunday showed that Warner had transferred two Nashville area homes in the last two years to a 29-year-old Los Angeles entertainment executive, but their relationship was not immediately clear. The executive, Michelle Swing, has not publicly stated whether she knew Warner and has denied knowledge about the two homes.

- OS

Not sure how she can deny knowledge unless someone forged her signature quit claiming the first home to the bomber's mother.

20 hours ago, Oh Shoot said:

Dunno where first reported, or veracity, but all over the place now:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/27/us/nashville-explosion-what-we-know/index.html

edit: according to comments on at least one site I saw though, claims a different "tony warner" had the explosives permit, so dunno.

- OS

20 hours ago, GlockSpock said:

I saw within the last few days that rumor, but it was dismissed because the explosive permit was to someone with the same name but different location. 

Was it to be confirmed to be one and the same? Perhaps a business or former address?

Not sure.  My wife told me that the news said he did which I found unusual since he had the conviction for felony controlled substance possession in 1979.

4 hours ago, Daniel said:

Not sure.  My wife told me that the news said he did which I found unusual since he had the conviction for felony controlled substance possession in 1979.

He also could NOT have had an alarm contractors license in the state of Tennessee with a felony conviction. 

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, dralarms said:

Well that debunks the Missle theory. I’ve heard them come in before and you can hear the whistle. 

Not really, some are supersonic and would only make noise once past you.  From the side the camera was on the explosion may have covered up any noise a missile made.  I'm not saying it was one though, but I'm also not discounting it.  What ever it was, it sure was powerful, the pressure knocked out some of the plywood on the building side that was around the corner, and the opposite side took damage as well.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, hipower said:

I have a question. How does an unemployed IT guy lay hands on the amount of explosive necessary to produce this much damage?

He wasn’t unemployed. He did IT contracting. He had inherited some property. I’d say he was at least middle class. May have collected it for years? 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, GlockSpock said:

He wasn’t unemployed. He did IT contracting. He had inherited some property. I’d say he was at least middle class. May have collected it for years? 

Mis-phrased, Retired and doing a little maintenance and upkeep on the a realtor's equipment afaik from news. Still that's a heck of a lot of damage. 

• Moderators

Very intriguing reads:

In the letter, Warner reportedly warned Swing that the basement was "not normal" and that he "intended to travel on Christmas Eve to spend a few weeks in the woods with his dogs." 

"The attic has plywood and lighting, take a look. The basement is not normal, take a look. Woof woof Julio," Warner wrote. The identity of "Julio" is unclear.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/michelle-swing-what-to-know-about-mysterious-la-entertainment-exec-gifted-two-homes-by-nashville-bomber

https://www.the-sun.com/news/2036035/nashville-bomb-anthony-quinn-warner-michelle-swing-woods-letter/

42 minutes ago, hipower said:

I have a question. How does an unemployed IT guy lay hands on the amount of explosive necessary to produce this much damage?

McVey used diesel fuel and ammonium nitrate.  Neither is all that expensive ...

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, No_0ne said:

McVey used diesel fuel and ammonium nitrate.  Neither is all that expensive ...

Understood. My question was to bring to light the fact that I do not believe  the explosive has been addressed. Inquiring minds want to know.

9 hours ago, gregintenn said:

Pot possession a felony?

It was for “marijuana-possess for resale”. Back then I guess that could have been a felony. I assume that would have been listed under “SEVERITY”, but it says “UNKNOWN”. He could have had it expunged or it could have been dismissed.

https://www.tn.gov/content/dam/tn/tbi/documents/AnthonyQuinnWarnerTORIS.pdf

• Like 2
11 hours ago, hipower said:

Depending on what it was, it really isn't that hard.  There are many many materials that can be used to make a rather impressive explosion.  One of the things they taught us in Sapper School was the use of improvised explosives, and some worked better, IMO, than the commercially available products.  One, a cratering charge, which is used to deny the enemy the use of landing strips, was just oil and fertiliser, with a stick of TNT as the charge.  The TNT can be replaced with a pipe bomb, and the fertiliser (now hard to get due to McVeigh), an oxidizer, can also be replaced with varied types of everyday chemicals.  No, you don't have to be super rich or well off, or have vast knowledge to put something like that together, you just need determination and an agenda.

• Like 1