Hypothetically speaking

Parrothead

On 12/30/2020 at 8:53 PM, Parrothead said:

Let’s say you have the “basics” covered. Single stack carry, double stack carry, home defense and etc. you’ve got a 500-600 itching pocket, what are you buying? 

I reached that point over the summer. I turned to purchasing silencers. 

Edited by Links2k
  • Like 1
On 12/30/2020 at 9:53 PM, Parrothead said:

Let’s say you have the “basics” covered. Single stack carry, double stack carry, home defense and etc. you’ve got a 500-600 itching pocket, what are you buying? 

Revolver.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Raoul said:

Revolver.

Yep. Just ordered a Taurus 605. Don't laugh! It's actually a pretty good little pistol. Just wish I'd done it sooner. Then I might not have gotten that Rock Island M206 last week. I haven't taken it out yet, but lets just say it ain't as pretty as the Taurus. lol

Just now, hipower said:

Yep. Just ordered a Taurus 605. Don't laugh! It's actually a pretty good little pistol. Just wish I'd done it sooner. Then I might not have gotten that Rock Island M206 last week. I haven't taken it out yet, but lets just say it ain't as pretty as the Taurus. lol

Nothing wrong with Taurus. But at some point find a nice used S&W. I promise, you'll be glad you did.

• Like 1
On 1/5/2021 at 3:39 PM, JunkiCosmonaut said:

I would be interested in finding a used S&W 686 or a ruger gp100. A good wheel gun is on my list, but the reality is that I'm probably gonna buy ammo and magazines and maybe another couple of steel targets for my range. Or maybe I'll make and SBR, 200 for the stamp and 400 to finish an upper in 7.62x39. 

Wheel, Wheel, Wheel..... Is my voodoo working. Did you go out and buy a 3 inch 686+ yet? Let me know if it works because I want to use it on my wife! 

On 12/31/2020 at 7:00 AM, pop pop said:

I have 3 22 rifles, and gave a 4th new 10 22 to my youngest grandson in 2020. Also have 2 22magnums, although the magnum ammo is much more expensive if you can find it. Don't shoot the mags much because of the cost and availability. One mag is a Marlin bolt rifle with a 3X9X40 cheap Tasco  scope on it.  The other is a Taurus 8 shot mdl 917 with a 3"brl K frame size revolver.  I have 2 22LR handguns, one a S W mdl 317 9 shot 3" ultra ight  revolver and a Sig Mosquito semi-auto pistol. I use these tow to introduce new shooters into the shooting game. I find they work much better starting women shooting because the of the reduced recoil and sound. 

One can never have too many 22's on hand. Cheap to shoot, and much fun for cheap shooting and practice.  I agree with most here unless you need a specific gun to add to your brace.

My bucket list still has a 22 on it, a S W victory, or the latest model of the  Ruger Mark's. The last model Ruger is much easier to take apart and put back together.  I have always had a love affair with 22's. 

I have a few...but you have my meager set all shamed. I need a few more. lol

On 1/1/2021 at 10:21 PM, papa61 said:

So many choices! Well SOME choices anyway. $5-600 would be hard choice nine months ago, limited now with inflated prices. Been wanting an 8 round 357 or a 44. either in 2 or 3 inch barrel. Just ran across a 2 inch 45 acp wheelgun today that would scratch the itch and work with the ammo I already have 🙂

but yeah,,,another 22 would be good. Maybe two. There is that Bearcat Shopkeeper on arms list been wanting to gift my wife.

Gotta ask...a 2" 45 wheelie? What is it. Where is it? did you buy it? lol

1 hour ago, JimHouchin said:

Wheel, Wheel, Wheel..... Is my voodoo working. Did you go out and buy a 3 inch 686+ yet? Let me know if it works because I want to use it on my wife! 

Nah, I haven't bought anything yet but I'm being opportunistic for whatever comes up on the used market.

My lawyers are telling me not to comment on if it works on my wife or not. 

Edited by JunkiCosmonaut
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, hipower said:

Gotta ask...a 2" 45 wheelie? What is it. Where is it? did you buy it? lol

2 inch barrel .45 ACP revolver. it was on ARMSLIST.COM in Tennessee. It is a Charter Arms Pitbull listed outside Chattanooga. No, I haven't bought it,,,yet. 🙂