Laser for Ruger Charger...

leroy

I've got a Streamlight TLR-2 HL G (green laser/flashlight) on the bottom of mine, but I really prefer using the Holosun HE507C-X2 (green dot) that sits on top of it. Even the much less expensive Holosun HS407 (red dot) that was on it is a huge difference in usability in daylight over a laser.

• Like 2

Crimson Trace CMR-206. High powered green laser for most daylight shooting and can be mounted on the top rail in front of most optics without obstructing the sight picture. I like that model because it's small and light.

spacer.png

The Streamlight TLR-8 is a pretty good unit as well if you want a light/laser combo but will require an M-LOK Section. Looks too bulky to me on the charger but it was functional.

• Like 1
On 1/5/2021 at 12:00 AM, billmeek said:

I've got a Streamlight TLR-2 HL G (green laser/flashlight) on the bottom of mine, but I really prefer using the Holosun HE507C-X2 (green dot) that sits on top of it. Even the much less expensive Holosun HS407 (red dot) that was on it is a huge difference in usability in daylight over a laser.

Thanks Bill...

Canya easily pick up the dot on the Holosun..?  That's the only reason i hesitated a bit.  Old bespeckled eyes... The truth is, i like the sight idea far better than the laser idea.

Thanks again...

leroy

Leroy,

I've got presbyopia (aka "oldman's eyes") and don't have any problem with the red dot or green dot.  Personally, I prefer the green.  If you have an astigmatism, the dot can appear as a star burst/blurry  rather than a nicely defined dot. 

I've now got a Holosun 507C green dot on my IWI Masada (carry), my 10/22 Charger, and on a scout setup (barrel mounted picatinny rail) for the Ruger PC Carbine.  I will be buying one of the new Leupold DeltaPoint Micro red dots for the Glock as soon as they hit the distributors.  I'm quickly becoming a huge fan of the dot sights a my vision gets worse.

• Like 1

Holosun is awesome on the Charger. I have a 407C on mine. For the cost, I was impressed. The new models with the battery door on the side would probably be the best bet. Lets you keep your zero.

Edited by JHP45
  • Like 1