Gunbroker has gone insane!

gregintenn

6 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

Wolf Gold is brass cased ammo. It is reported to be good stuff.

to be honest, I prefer Federal for everything with the exception of 30-30 where Federal comes in 2nd. I have been pushed to Winchester white box for FMJ .45 ACP. Still have over 80 rds of hydra-shock loaded up.

45 minutes ago, Quavodus said:

My brother in law has shot the Wolf steel. I've shot a lot of Tula steel.

I shoot the steel cased ammo in ComBloc guns such as the SKS, AK47 and Mosin Nagant rifles. That's what they were made for.

As I reload, I prefer brass cases in my other guns.

I prefer the ammo with the powder coating on the cases to the laquer coating.

Edited by gregintenn
  • Like 1
12 hours ago, gregintenn said:

I'll second that. I found the lacquered stuff leaves some residue in hot chambers of AK's. My first CZ527 had a tight chamber and after a few rounds,  tended to be hard to chamber/extract with lacquered Golden Tiger, but ran fine with non lacquered.

14 hours ago, gregintenn said:

I shoot the steel cased ammo in ComBloc guns such as the SKS, AK47 and Mosin Nagant rifles. That's what they were made for.

As I reload, I prefer brass cases in my other guns.

This is what I do too.

I guess I made a mistake selling a little over 3k rounds to a forum member for .06 a round last week and today. (Not a mistake)
I had extra and they wanted to shoot their .22s. I just can’t bring myself to sell my extra on gunbroker for stupid prices. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
2 minutes ago, KahrMan said:

I guess I made a mistake selling a little over 3k rounds to a forum member for .06 a round last week and today. (Not a mistake)
I had extra and they wanted to shoot their .22s. I just can’t bring myself to sell my extra on gunbroker for stupid prices. 

I was generous during the last big 22 shortage. I'm sitting on mine this time. I don't have a shortage of anything right now. My luck, they'll take all my guns now.

• Like 2
57 minutes ago, mikegideon said:

I was generous during the last big 22 shortage. I'm sitting on mine this time. I don't have a shortage of anything right now. My luck, they'll take all my guns now.

I've given a few boxes to guys that I've sold a 22 pistol recently, but not entertaining (yet) selling any. I have far more 22 than any of my other calibers, but...holding on as well. Might well be that my revolvers and maybe a Henry be all allowed to keep.

Pessimistic today. Listened to too much bs from the left talkers.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, hipower said:

I've given a few boxes to guys that I've sold a 22 pistol recently, but not entertaining (yet) selling any. I have far more 22 than any of my other calibers, but...holding on as well. Might well be that my revolvers and maybe a Henry be all allowed to keep.

I'm really stubborn. When they get mine,,,I won't need them any more and will probably be out of ammo so no big loss.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, hipower said:

Yeah. I have over 5000 Mini Mags, plus some bulk stuff. I don't think I even have that many 223. I leaned my lesson from the last shortage.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2021 at 11:06 AM, Ronald_55 said:

2 key things.. Amazing condition and Pre-64. Add those and buyer with Stimulus money burning a hole in their pocket I guess. 

Just goes to show that when a person is given something for free (money), as opposed to working and earning it, they will foolishly spend and squander it with little or no care for it's real value.

• Like 2
On 2/6/2021 at 7:50 PM, Grayfox54 said:

If you think GB is bad, take a peak at Armslist. Especially the ammo ads. There's a guy on the Memphis Armslist with 2 bricks of CCI Small Rifle Primers for sale. Asking price is $250 per brick! 😮

Unfortunately that is what they are currently selling for on Gunbrokers. A face to face sale without paying shipping or sales tax could turn out to be a bargain to someone who is out.

Another Armslist ad. Guy has 1000 rds of .45acp. Pick shows ammo loose packed in a plastic bag which is inside what appears to be foreign made mil-surp wooden  ammo crate. Asking price is $1500. 😮 Says he will break it up in batches of 100 rounds @ $1.50 per round. 🤬