Other political forums/news sites?

Just now, Chucktshoes said:

Machete order is the best way to watch it for the first time?

Don't know what that means, but I'm old school and would advise watching them in the order they came out.  If you can find the original versions, especially the one that later became known as Episode IV, even better ...

32 minutes ago, No_0ne said:

I saw Star Wars on the first day it opened in a theater in Jackson, Tn. back in 1977.  I was 16 at the time, and enjoyed a good science fiction movie (still do in fact).  I never watched Seinfeld either, and don't really know what type of show Friends was/is, as I've barely even heard of it ...

I like sci fi. But more of a car chase guy. Mad Max, California Kid, original Gone in 60 Seconds...Christine 🙂

I have grown to like Friends, but that's Jenifer Aniston's fault.

• Like 1
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, No_0ne said:

Don't know what that means, but I'm old school and would advise watching them in the order they came out.  If you can find the original versions, especially the one that later became known as Episode IV, even better ...

47 minutes ago, Johnny Rotten said:

Are we talking about him

https://www.t3.com/news/star-wars-machete-order

• Moderators

That Machete order looks...dumb. 

Here’s my recommendation. It’s officially GlockSpock certified. 

IV

V

VI

Rogue One

I

II

III

Solo

VII

IIX

IX

The Mandalorian

It sucks that you have to watch 11 movies just to be able to fully appreciate the best Star Wars content to date, but this is the way. 

• Like 2
55 minutes ago, GlockSpock said:

IV

V

VI

Rogue One

I

II

III

Solo

VII

IIX

IX

The Mandalorian

It sucks that you have to watch 11 movies just to be able to fully appreciate the best Star Wars content to date, but this is the way. 

Do yourself a favor, and skip Solo.  There are certainly problems with all the movies, but even Phantom Menace is watchable.  You can't say that about Solo, it's just bad to the core, and not in a good way ...

4 hours ago, GlockSpock said:

IV

V

VI

Rogue One

I

II

III

Solo

VII

IIX

IX

The Mandalorian

I was excited when I saw the teasers for Mandalorian. Then found out it was Star Wars.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, No_0ne said:

Do yourself a favor, and skip Solo.  There are certainly problems with all the movies, but even Phantom Menace is watchable.  You can't say that about Solo, it's just bad to the core, and not in a good way ...

Emilia Clarke, Woody Harrelson, and Darth Maul make it watchable. Prove me wrong. 

Edited by GlockSpock
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, TGO David said:

It's only the best Star Wars made, ever.  Not a big deal.

I'll have to take your word (and about a gazillion others commenting all over the www) for it. I've never seen it.

Some people I used to work with say their kids absolutely love it.

Personally, I think they are lying. I remember those guys...bigger SYFY nerds than me. lol

• Moderators
Just now, hipower said:

I'll have to take your word (and about a gazillion others commenting all over the www) for it. I've never seen it.

Some people I used to work with say their kids absolutely love it.

Personally, I think they are lying. I remember those guys...bigger SYFY nerds than me. lol

I bet you could probably find someone on here to refund your monies if you don’t like it. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Chucktshoes said:

Yes. It is the best way. 

Well, that and skipping the sequel trilogy altogether. Zero redeeming value there. 

3 hours ago, TGO David said:

It's only the best Star Wars made, ever.  Not a big deal.

3 hours ago, GlockSpock said:

Emilia Clarke, Woody Harrelson, and Darth Maul make it watchable. Prove me wrong. 

It's not my fault all you young pups weren't around when the first movie came out ...😎

I'm a child of the 50s. I grew up on comic books and "B" sci-fi / monster movies. Still love that stuff! 👍 These last few years I've been having a ball with the Marvel movies. The DC flicks aren't bad, but they take themselves way to seriously. 🙄

I remember very well seeing the first Star Wars movies/trilogy in the theaters and what a thrill it was. This was way cool in those days. 😎 The first trilogy was great. The second was so-so and the third, meh. But at least it wrapped up the story. Rogue One wasn't bad. But as already mentioned, Solo just sucked. 👎

I don't have Disney, so as much as I'd like to see it, no Mandalorian for me. 🥴

Honestly, while I do like Star Wars, I'm really a Star Trek guy. 😛

• Like 1
On 1/8/2021 at 1:36 PM, TGO David said:

NPR actually has some very centrist reporting.  They also have a few editors / journalists who are quite left leaning, but they don't try to hide it.

Either we aren’t aware of their bias, don’t follow politics enough, or we are content with how our rights are under attack and ok with it. I’m guessing and hoping the latter is not the case. 

I recommend Tim Pool on YouTube. Great news aggregator. Guy was a journalist and activist that calls it as he sees it and finds credible sources. He was a Bernie supporter, just voted for Trump and purchased his first firearm. Extremely pragmatic and that’s what we need. I don’t agree with many of his views socially or economically but in terms of getting the actual news, he’s right on point.  

Years ago CNN was considered middle...... NPR is government funded and terribly leftist. It’s opinion disguised as news. Just like PBS. We need to start educating ourselves on the subtle, suggestive messaging before our rights are gone. (Check out the under cover videos from Project Veritas regarding NPR)

I have no idea what caused a political forum to be taken down here. But the fact that our community is censoring is worrisome. I pray it was due to leftist trollers saying defamatory things. If not, I would be saddened but ok with being banned for this post. I moved to TN to escape a statist, anti liberty state where having the wrong mag can make you a felon, you have to run from your own house if you are in danger, you can’t own certain firearms, and must register any firearm you own. That’s just to name “some” of the anti constitutional so called laws. We must be careful how accommodating we are to any ideas or beliefs that lead to the same happening here in the free state of Tennessee. 

Our constitutional rights are absolute and not up for interpretation. There’s a reason our founders worded our bill of rights it so little and simple words. 

Edited by jriv9
5 hours ago, GlockSpock said:

I thought it was fine also.  Im not a huge star wars fan... like I have watched the 9 main films, Solo, Rogue One, The Mandolorian..... something else I am sure but not the cartoons nor any of the books.