Other political forums/news sites?

3 hours ago, hipower said:

I tried singing up for Parler a day or so back, but didn't quite understand all the things I was asked to do. Never got that far as to being asked for that sort of verification. Good I guess.

But I will say that I do not add DOB, DL, anything like that to a random inquiry or site. Even these Gun Contests like Classic Firearms as an example. they ask for DOB. That stops me right there. I won't pass that out. The same with SS numbers.

Now it's not that I think I'm invisible or invincible on line; I know just enough to know that a reasonably intelligent guy with tech say can pretty much have my entire life in just minutes.

And that truly is frightening for me and all the rest of us.

Now a sidebar...listening to Fox today doesn't really make me feel good about the coming administration. Boils down to this I think...You were not with me. You are my enemy and will be destroyed. And Heaven help you if you are identified as being a speaker(or an attendee one source said on interview); you will be targeted. 

Social media, politicians, business, now banking industry getting involved. 

Unless you are RED, and wildly, loudly, goose-stepping in line...you are nothing. 

Sadly, Im sure you are right.  As soon as I saw/heard Biden say its time for us all to come together as one country or words to that effect, I thought,  geez, where were you the last 4 years, dude?  Of course he says that now, in an attempt to head off opposition or free thought and speech.  I'm telling you guys, social media is the medium folks communicate with these days, for the most part, and the same guys who are telling you that these are private companies they can do what they want to, are the same ones that a month ago were screaming about private companies need to shut down because of covid.  Im well aware of the free speech guarantee in our constitution, but I still think a case can be made for it to apply to private companies, especially when they conspire to suppress free speech across all of the modern mediums.  Seems like we passed lawas aboiut anti trust, etc...I think Nunes is right to call for a RICO investigation.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, MacGyver said:

I should have also added to the above, there *is* a new administration about to start - and all the tech companies are going to bend over backwards without any prompting to look like they're playing nice for a while to avoid regulation.

I am not in the know about the tech industry whatsoever, but I do think the shutdown of parler smells of collusion.

• Like 1

All those wishing for Federal intervention into social media and tech companies in the hopes of preserving "free speech" should be careful what they wish for.  The best model we have for Federal regulation is that used for the public utilities.  If that becomes the norm for internet and tech companies, then pricing structure, content rules, enforcement of regulations, etc. will all come under the purvey of something like the FCC.  Radio, television, telephones (conventional) are all under this type of regulation now, and as history shows, that's not exactly the Federal government allowing or promoting unlimited freedom of expression and speech ...

7 hours ago, No_0ne said:

So the "new", conservative-friendly social media platform is secretly a Russian disinformation and hacking application.  its almost too rich to be true, if indeed it is.  It would be hard to come up with a more improbable but dastardly plot for a cheap spy movie ...

Reminds me of the gun rights NRA spy lady from Russia.

• Like 1
  • Admin Team
1 hour ago, TGO David said:

Damn.  I forgot all about her!  

You know why this is such a common playbook?

Because it almost always works.

In this particular iteration, her name is Alina Mukhutdinova. Notice a resemblance?

image.jpeg

I mean, at least she was upfront about it...

image.jpeg

• Moderators
10 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

You know why this is such a common playbook?

Because it almost always works.

In this particular iteration, her name is Alina Mukhutdinova. Notice a resemblance?

image.jpeg

I mean, at least she was upfront about it...

image.jpeg

Well, considering that the likes of Margot Robbie are essentially a Russian six, it’s a pretty safe bet it’s gonna work. 

Just saying. 

3 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

Well, considering that the likes of Margot Robbie are essentially a Russian six, it’s a pretty safe bet it’s gonna work. 

Just saying. 

?? It's rare something you say leaves me totally clueless, but you've just managed to do it.

- OS

• Haha 1
  • Moderators
9 minutes ago, Oh Shoot said:

?? It's rare something you say leaves me totally clueless, but you've just managed to do it.

- OS

Margot Robbie is one of the hottest women in Hollywood right now. She’s an Australian actress who you might remember from the Wolf of Wall Street or as Harley Quinn in the DCEU.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Chucktshoes said:

Margot Robbie is one of the hottest women in Hollywood right now. She’s an Australian actress who you might remember from the Wolf of Wall Street or as Harley Quinn in the DCEU.

That's the only part I got.  The "six" I couldn't pin down other than "watch your six".

- OS

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Oh Shoot said:

That's the only part I got.  The "six" I couldn't pin down other than "watch your six".

- OS

Ahh. I meant it in the context of she’s an absolute 10 here, in Russia she is a solid six. 

• Haha 2

I checked out NewsMaxTV today, and I gotta say I was happy with the content. It's obviously a conservative leaning outlet, but it seemed less drama-tastic than Fox News. The guests were thoughtful and well spoken, and one thing I really liked is they seemed to give them plenty of time to talk. Not like other stations where they bring someone in, give them 30 seconds and then say "We gotta leave it there", right in mid sentence.

I'm not aware of any carriers that broadcast it, it's not on mine, but we use Streaming devices to watch TV and they have an app. The app is well done, and easy to use. There is talk that, just like blocking out Parler, the likes of Apple, Amazon, Google, will remove the app from their stores, so that people don't even have the option. 

I would recommend that if you have one of these devices, at least install the app now, just so you have it on your streamer. Otherwise you'll have to side-load it later, and that is not something that the average TV watcher is going to do