heavily Armed HHHMMM

So-I was a short time ago looking out my front door and noticed several men in one of my neighbors yards-all heavily armed wearing drop leg holsters-plate carriers-holsters were armed all with handguns-wearing Sheriff on their backs-but not a one looked to be official law enforcement.

I guess I am a little set back as what to do-had to be 8 to 10 men-all leaving in 3 SUV's.

These guy's did not look like law enforcement by any means.

This was at 4:30 PM on Friday the 8th

Edited by krunchnik
adding
Just now, Quavodus said:

Hmmmmm, is right. Dis you notice if they all had short haircuts? All the cops I see have them. Just something that I always notice.

No-like I said-these fellas all had on blue jeans or such-some long hair hippy style some short hair.All plate carriers or such were different-no official looking outer wear.

I have seen my fair share of Law Enforcement-too add from my binoculars I could see what looked like gold colored badges hanging off some of their clothes-but sure didn't look official.

When your spidey sense tingles you learn to listen.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
9 minutes ago, krunchnik said:

No-like I said-these fellas all had on blue jeans or such-some long hair hippy style some short hair.All plate carriers or such were different-no official looking outer wear.

I have seen my fair share of Law Enforcement-too add from my binoculars I could see what looked like gold colored badges hanging off some of their clothes-but sure didn't look official.

You know the neighbor well ?

• Moderators

Yeah, I don’t see any scenario where you benefit from becoming involved. 

Best bet? Call non-emergency number for Sheriff’s department and tell them what you see. 

They’d either tell you to ignore it or investigate or themselves. 

• Like 2
49 minutes ago, Quavodus said:

Hmmmmm, is right. Dis you notice if they all had short haircuts? All the cops I see have them. Just something that I always notice.

Apparently I started viewing at the culmination of the drug bust or whatever was going down and had not noticed the origins of the starting point.

According to my wife who works as a Lease Consultant that's exactly what their under cover police look like when they do drug busts on their property.

I have to say it gave me a bit of a start considering I watch my 6 year old granddaughter every day and she was asking what's up Gramps.

Edited by krunchnik
spelling
Just now, deerslayer said:

Sounds like Shelby County Fugitive Squad or similar team getting ready for some festivities.  Some of those guys look like they just jumped off a Viking longship.  

I got the tail end of the festivities-I thought I should probably turn them in for not wearing masks and social distancing!!

• Haha 2
3 hours ago, Garufa said:

Drug bust?  Not all LEO's look like they just stepped off an army recruiting poster.

That was my first thought. I met some drug task force guys and they looked rough. They play the part. A little too much maybe.

Edited by hornett22
  • Like 2
21 minutes ago, tercel89 said:

Yes call 911. I'd rather you call us over something like that then other people calling 911 over someone that mowed grass 1 inch over the property line. 

Thanks-I think I would wait till it's at least an inch and a half-but good point about people calling with something that's not an actual 911 problem.

I assume you work for dispatch of a 911 call center-I bet you have some great stories.

• Like 1