Pistol magazine loader - feedback ?

Anybody have any experience with this magazine loader or other similar that I seem to be getting bombarded with all of a sudden on FB (so much for them being opposed to firearms and accessories, if it earns them a buck !) ? I have never seen one used out in the wild before. My first thought was that if they were any good, they would be all over the place, but I know absolutely no one who uses them.

https://www.sportlifehealth.com/products/maglula-uplula-universal-pistol-magazine-loader-9mm-to-45-acp?fbclid=IwAR2P3uhqmz6WIowdMga5XuDcTYlAK7q1uqaxihqCIjiJYqHDEAlK8CN9ndQ

9 minutes ago, docachna said:

Anybody have any experience with this magazine loader or other similar that I seem to be getting bombarded with all of a sudden on FB (so much for them being opposed to firearms and accessories, if it earns them a buck !) ? I have never seen one used out in the wild before. My first thought was that if they were any good, they would be all over the place, but I know absolutely no one who uses them.

https://www.sportlifehealth.com/products/maglula-uplula-universal-pistol-magazine-loader-9mm-to-45-acp?fbclid=IwAR2P3uhqmz6WIowdMga5XuDcTYlAK7q1uqaxihqCIjiJYqHDEAlK8CN9ndQ

My opinion. I like them. Easy to use. Similar to the mag loaders supplied with most semi-autos these days. I have seen them to be a bit pricey though. At one time they were hovering around the 30 mark. Sometimes even higher.

But at 19, it not excessive. But do you trust the source to have a true Maglula? Or a knockoff?

Edited by hipower
  • Moderators
11 minutes ago, Garufa said:

Maglula UpLULA's are one of the greatest inventions ever.  That ad however, is a bit suspicious.  What they have pictured is not an UpLULA but some kind of knock-off and $20 seems too good to be true.

They are available just about everywhere, but here is MidwayUSA's offerings for reference.  https://www.midwayusa.com/product/2136952670

Agree with everything in this post.  Definitely a knockoff.  

• Moderators

The maglulas are a great invention. Don’t get knockoffs. They’re worth the small amount more to get the real thing. 

I will say that for rifle mags, the ETS cam loader is the absolute tits. The butler creek one suuuuuucks. 

Edited by Chucktshoes
  • Like 1

I have a double stack and a single stack version plus their .223 loader. Love all 3. I told a friend to buy the the double stack version and they got talked into something else at a local gun shop. Next time they came over to show what they bought and do some shooting I handed them my UpLuLa and told them to compare loading their magazines. They went home and ordered a UpLuLa.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
9 hours ago, Jeb48 said:

I have a double stack and a single stack version plus their .223 loader. Love all 3. I told a friend to buy the the double stack version and they got talked into something else at a local gun shop. Next time they came over to show what they bought and do some shooting I handed them my UpLuLa and told them to compare loading their magazines. They went home and ordered a UpLuLa.

Same thing happened to a friend of mine.  He chided  me because "you spent too much money on that Uplula thing" but found one that the seller at a gun show told him is "just as good as an Uplula."  He decided to load all his Glock mags and didn't make it through two mags when the frustration led him to throw it against his concrete basement floor.  After recovering from his angst he ordered an Uplula . . .

• Like 1

I've got a couple of Uplulas for 9mm magazines, and another Uplula for Uzi magazines and they've always functioned well.  I've got another Uplula for 10/22 magazines and it works okay, not as well as their other products.

Edited by Jackalope
fat fingers and not proofreading

I personally haven't gotten to a point where I can't load mags yet.  But I watch my students struggle every week.  When I set up the range, I take about 5 maglulas in with me and after letting every one try to do it the right way, I pass out the Lulas.  

• Like 1

I got one recently that turned out to be a knockoff.  I bought it off a guy on one of these boards, not here but local.  It wasn't until I got home that I noticed all the telltale signs that it was a knockoff.  I mentioned it to the guy, which said he didn't know and had thought it was real.  Offered to refund the $ but I used it and besides my glock mags, which have its own, it loads pretty good. I figured I would take it as a learning lesson, and won't be buying anything else from that guy.

On 1/9/2021 at 2:58 PM, Grayfox54 said:

I love mine. I have a Para Ordnance P-14 and honestly, if it wasn't for the UpLula, I'd never be able to load a full magazine.  The spring is just too strong. 

Just got two new mags in the mail today and struggled to get the last wo rounds in both. I will be ordering the UpLula.

• Like 1
On 1/9/2021 at 1:10 PM, docachna said:

obviously I have ZERO experience with these. because of that I will buy the UpLula since it is proven. Might not be bad to drop $20 on the copy but if you've never seen or used the original how will you ever know?

One of us needs to bite the bullet (pun intended) and try both. My budget is too tight to spare 20 extra LOL

58 minutes ago, papa61 said:

Just got two new mags in the mail today and struggled to get the last wo rounds in both. I will be ordering the UpLula.

I think you’ll be pleased.  The last rounds can sometimes be difficult even with an UpLuLa but once you get the rhythm down you’ll see what it’s all about.

Pro tip:  stand magazine on solid surface and let the device do the work.

Edited by Garufa
  • Like 4
On 1/9/2021 at 2:19 PM, Garufa said:

Maglula UpLULA's are one of the greatest inventions ever.  That ad however, is a bit suspicious.  What they have pictured is not an UpLULA but some kind of knock-off ....

But it's a genuine "QBloader".

image.png.3f01f5a7d9f01c6134787973769b7c59.png

• Haha 1