Wolf extra match 22lr available at champs

55 minutes ago, Hozzie said:

That's ludicrous for Wolf Match Extra.  I guess if you have none maybe, but I would have to be pretty desperate.

It’s definitely a premium price. What kind of availability and prices are you seeing from your favorite supplier for decent 22lr?

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Protongunner said:

It’s definitely a premium price. What kind of availability and prices are you seeing from your favorite supplier for decent 22lr?

I am probably not the best one to ask quite honestly.  I have a bit different view on 22 ammo as I shoot competitively and have a lot of  22 ammo (no, none of it is for sale).   I bought 4 cases of Lapua in December, but that was through the Lapua Test Center where the ammo is reserved only for those that test.  It's true that even the test centers are lower on inventory than they normally are.

I am not trying to be mean to anyone, but if you have 22 rifles or pistols and don't have any ammo I can't for the life of me imagine how that happens with the pricing and availability we have had for the last few years.  If I was just trying to add to my inventory I would wait.   No way I would pay these prices unless I had zero and a real need for it.  I just wouldn't shoot until it comes back down and more availability is there.  It will come back.

I can appreciate you sharing the availability so not trying to be negative, I guess I just can't get over anyone paying what they are asking for any of this low end ammo.  We all do what we have to do, so I get it if that is someone's only option I suppose.  

• Like 1

Academy Sports, when they have ammo, have kept their prices where the have been.

Their prices probably were  a little inflated previously, be by today’s prices, they are cheap now. 

I wish I had stocked up in 22LR last year, but I just got back into shooting and my 22 Marlin 60 was not my focus. 

1 hour ago, Quavodus said:

I've not bought any .22 LR in awhile. Everything has went crazy high.

My last 22 purchase was late 2018. Saw the storm gathering and and bit the proverbial bullet on a quantity of CCI Blazer 22. Yes it was high, but not like now. So I'm ok with it.

I just feel bad for the new gun owners in our fold, and I'm sure there are folks logging on here at TGO  that have recently embraced our culture.

I'm GTG, but I've been at this for a bit now (35 years of reloading etc). I have a friend that I helped get started a few years back. But he and his wife are not "Gun people" like we are. He just purchased a Glock 44 for farm/varmint use and had very little .22 ammo. I gave him a decent supply. He said he regrets not having purchased more when it was readily available... but he didn't know what he didn't know. 🥴 Most new gun owners don't have the frame of reference we old timers have. Even when we tell them, or post the warnings here, many have not yet learned the concept of the ups and downs of the gun/ammo/component supply cycles.

I appreciate folks linking deals they find, even if it's not "deals" to all of us. No disrespect intended to anyone here.

We have the potential in this current political climate for this to get much worse before they get better...if they even get better. Time will tell.

Just my $0.02 worth... 🙂

• Like 1

I sort of count myself in the “new gun owners” group as I just in the last year and a half got back into shooting. 

A long enough time had past that I don’t remember what ammo prices we several years ago. It seems Pre-covid we had been in a down turn in prices, but I am curious what really cheap ammo prices were.

The cheapest recent retail I recall seeing/buying was when Walmart was dumping all their ammo and you could get 9mm for about $0.13/rnd in some stores. 

On 1/10/2021 at 10:45 AM, Snaveba said:

I sort of count myself in the “new gun owners” group as I just in the last year and a half got back into shooting. 

A long enough time had past that I don’t remember what ammo prices we several years ago. It seems Pre-covid we had been in a down turn in prices, but I am curious what really cheap ammo prices were.

The cheapest recent retail I recall seeing/buying was when Walmart was dumping all their ammo and you could get 9mm for about $0.13/rnd in some stores. 

We did have a couple of years of incredibly low priced ammo and ready availability, especially when you factor in inflation. iirc in the fall of 2019 Tula or Wolf 9mm was down to around $139.00/1000. But quality brass cased 9mm was around $190.00 $200.00/k, even lower during the 2019 Black Friday sales.

Most of us have seen quite a few market cycles over the years, so many prepared for the increase in price and demand. As I, and others, have mentioned. I personally don't recall nearly everything gun related being in so much demand. Of course the scarcity feeds the cycle.

I just returned from shooting at Point Blank in Knoxville. I always look at the shelves and the walls. Ammo was essentially nonexistent and long guns were running low. Lot's of folks were shooting, but until supply starts catching up it makes me wonder low long that will continue.

Interesting times.

Edited by Jamie Jackson
sp

Buy it cheap and stack it deep is really good advice.  Of course, people with little foresight and a poor understanding of economics will call you a hoarder, but that's OK.  While they're wailing and gnashing their teeth, you'll have ammo ...

• Like 4

If you need ammo and you are willing to pay decent money for it, go to Champions Choice and buy some Tenex.  I was just there yesterday picking up some Ceramic Coat and he said all they have is Tenex.  $18.xx per box/50 I think.  That is the normal price there.  It's high quality ammo at least (most of the time) for what you are paying.

And to think the Dem’s are sitting back with cocktails in hand and laughing as they argue about how much higher they could raise Ammo tax’s.

Its really sad because some people will just stop teaching their children to shoot because of the cost.

Many of the older folks I had worked with stoped going out to practice because of the cost.

Very sad times,  Mike

Edited by myg30
Added line
  • Like 1
On 1/18/2021 at 8:21 AM, Dirtshooter said:

On gunbroker they sold 525 pk. of Remington golden bullets for $245.00 plus $19.00 for shipping.

In another month I'm going to put a box of .22, a couple of 50 BMG, and a box of 9mm up for $20K. Or I might trade for a Ferrari.

• Haha 1