7.62x54r soft tip ammo?

Prvi, and the other variants of the same brand (PPU, etc.) makes a 150 gr soft point round.  I imagine, like most other ammunition calibers, its probably out of stock just about everywhere.  At one time, AIM Surplus had it regularly in stock, no idea now ...

A quick search yields only this so far :

https://www.outdoorlimited.com/rifle-ammo/7-62x54mm-rimmed-russian-ammo/graf-and-sons-hornady-7-62x54r-ammunition-h80497-150-grain-sst-ballistic-tip-20-rounds/

Edited by No_0ne
12 hours ago, No_0ne said:

Prvi, and the other variants of the same brand (PPU, etc.) makes a 150 gr soft point round.  I imagine, like most other ammunition calibers, its probably out of stock just about everywhere.  At one time, AIM Surplus had it regularly in stock, no idea now ...

A quick search yields only this so far :

https://www.outdoorlimited.com/rifle-ammo/7-62x54mm-rimmed-russian-ammo/graf-and-sons-hornady-7-62x54r-ammunition-h80497-150-grain-sst-ballistic-tip-20-rounds/

Yeah i was able to find some target ammo but thats real hard to find too whats some good online store that wont get my card stolen ?

I have about half a box of of that I picked up at The Reloaders Bench in Mt. Juliet years ago.  Actually don't think I have the box anymore, no idea who it was made by.  Friend of mine used some of it to euthanize some cripled horses. 

50 minutes ago, 10-Ring said:

I have about half a box of of that I picked up at The Reloaders Bench in Mt. Juliet years ago.  Actually don't think I have the box anymore, no idea who it was made by.  Friend of mine used some of it to euthanize some cripled horses. 

What grain might it be ?

Check SGAMMO.com.  Very reputable and one of the best online ammo dealers.  They have PRVI soft point in stock.

It’s $22.95 for 20 rounds but that’s the age we live in.  Would have been $15 a year ago.

https://www.sgammo.com/product/prvi-partizan-ammo-sale/20-round-box-762x54r-soft-point-150-grain-brass-case-non-corrosive-p

Edited by Garufa
1 hour ago, Steelcolor said:

Yeah i was able to find some target ammo but thats real hard to find too whats some good online store that wont get my card stolen ?

There's no guarantee that any of the online vendors won't have a security breach at some point, but all of the typical ammunition sites have pretty good reputations overall.  I've bought quite a bit over the years from Sportsman's Guide, Ammoman, and others, usually from searches on ammoseek or similar.  Check shipping costs as you go, that has usually been the determining factor in deciding who I went with ...

1 hour ago, No_0ne said:

There's no guarantee that any of the online vendors won't have a security breach at some point, but all of the typical ammunition sites have pretty good reputations overall.  I've bought quite a bit over the years from Sportsman's Guide, Ammoman, and others, usually from searches on ammoseek or similar.  Check shipping costs as you go, that has usually been the determining factor in deciding who I went with ...

I mean yeah allot of places have breaches i was just wondering if there are some sites i should watch out for also what do you tbink about bulkammo.com 

1 hour ago, Steelcolor said:

I mean yeah allot of places have breaches i was just wondering if there are some sites i should watch out for also what do you tbink about bulkammo.com 

Don't remember if I've ever bought anything from them or not.  Doesn't ring any bells, one way or another.

Frankly, everything I see available online at the moment is priced way beyond what I would pay anyway.  I won't be ordering anything in the near future.  As one of those evil ammo hoarders, I don't need to anyway ...

Edited by No_0ne
20 minutes ago, No_0ne said:

Don't remember if I've ever bought anything from them or not.  Doesn't ring any bells, one way or another.

Frankly, everything I see available online at the moment is priced way beyond what I would pay anyway.  I won't be ordering anything in the near future.  As one of those evil ammo hoarders, I don't need to anyway ...

yeah but i just bought my mosin you commented on that post so i think you seen it but i got 100 rounds of fmj ammo went and shot some of it and wanted to get some hunting ammo for the old gal i dont have a giant stockpile of ammo like allot of people do ive only got 2 guns my mosin and a marlin 795ss love the both of them but ammo rn is just really hard to come by i just now ordered 40 soft points and 40 fmj to stock up on some ammo when the time comes

4 minutes ago, Steelcolor said:

yeah but i just bought my mosin you commented on that post so i think you seen it but i got 100 rounds of fmj ammo went and shot some of it and wanted to get some hunting ammo for the old gal i dont have a giant stockpile of ammo like allot of people do ive only got 2 guns my mosin and a marlin 795ss love the both of them but ammo rn is just really hard to come by i just now ordered 40 soft points and 40 fmj to stock up on some ammo when the time comes

Everybody started somewhere, we've all been there.  Be somewhat patient, these shortages come and go, despite what all the gloom and doom crowd will tell you. Just don't be like so many and assume that you can always get what you want when you want when the inevitable happens, and once again ammo becomes cheap and plentiful.  When that happens, buy up what you can afford when you can, gradually build up your supplies in whatever calibers you own.  Come over to the dark side, and embrace your inner hoarder ...

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, No_0ne said:

Everybody started somewhere, we've all been there.  Be somewhat patient, these shortages come and go, despite what all the gloom and doom crowd will tell you. Just don't be like so many and assume that you can always get what you want when you want when the inevitable happens, and once again ammo becomes cheap and plentiful.  When that happens, buy up what you can afford when you can, gradually build up your supplies in whatever calibers you own.  Come over to the dark side, and embrace your inner hoarder ...

Yeah i plan to when things start looking better i just wanted to have a nice gun that if i had to defend my home with and go hunt with and so far im extremely happy with my trash rod