Possible New Federal Tax Proposal For Gunowners.

Seen a couple articles that said the new Pres is touting a 200.00 tax on semi autos and 200.00 on each high compacity magazines on all guns, even the ones one posses now. If my math is correct???? cost a man 600.00

for his Glock 19 with 2 mags. Wouzer!  Just look at what your pistol owners are looking forward too.  

Makes me think about  the mayor of Nashville, and council  just raised property tax 34% in one year. His reasoning, no tourist, no tax money coming in, and Nash needs

the money. By the way he shut Nashville down and still has his fist on most businesses that can't operate at full strength or compacity. 

Hope the new tax does not make it. If so, I will be selling mine to the Gov. and their new proposed bi-back plan. Can't live with that tax. 

Edited by pop pop

Scary stuff!  

Cumberland county, where I live, is a Second Amendment Sanctuary, and I doubt there'd be any immediate enforcement of such nonsense, but thinking down the road 20 years or so...... not good news!

Edited by Darrell

I agree as to the intent.  The intent is clear.   Im guessin that this stuff cant get thru a closely divided house n senate... Remember, there are " lefties " out there buyin guns, and for real good reason.  That bein said, i absolutely believe these sons n daughters of perdition need a close watchin...

Watchin leroy...

• Moderators

From a practicality standpoint, I'm not even sure how this works. Firearms are nearly unanimously serialized from the factory, unless you are dealing with something odd or homebuilt. Magazines are not. Unless they plan on somehow providing stickers, etc for the magazines, how could it even be kept up with which magazines were/were not registered.

Of course, from a common sense standpoint, it's dumb to begin with. I hope that they know this type of stuff won't pass and that they are just virtue signaling to the extreme anti-gunners. That said, if there is even a chance that this passes...we are screwed.

1 minute ago, GlockSpock said:

From a practicality standpoint, I'm not even sure how this works. Firearms are nearly unanimously serialized from the factory, unless you are dealing with something odd or homebuilt. Magazines are not. Unless they plan on somehow providing stickers, etc for the magazines, how could it even be kept up with which magazines were/were not registered.

Of course, from a common sense standpoint, it's dumb to begin with. I hope that they know this type of stuff won't pass and that they are just virtue signaling to the extreme anti-gunners. That said, if there is even a chance that this passes...we are screwed.

I see it like a battering ram. Each new law introduced is a swing and each time the door gives a new law goes through. Its little, but it adds up. When the door breaks they get what they want.

• Like 1
  • Admin Team

I'm locking this thread for now.

It's not because I don't think that the new administration/congress will be anti-gun.

It's because there's nothing but Facebook fear mongering in the posts above.  The "13 page app" that was posted was the ATF Form 1 application to make a firearm.

Post the text of a bill from the current Congress. Even the text of the platform of the incoming administration. But do some research - we have to do better with actual facts.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2