USPS And What Can Blue Not Do For You

krunchnik

Something I've noticed is that some companies are using some very weird 3rd party shippers that are tough to track. As for the USPs...I'm a fan. Over the years of shipping everything from surplus mags to reloading brass they've been pretty dependable.

Just remember that everybody on the planet is ordering #### that has to be delivered. Make your life better and thank your mailman.

On 1/19/2021 at 6:30 PM, Chucktshoes said:

Not here. That鈥檚 going to move the thread from kvetching about the post office straight into politics. If you鈥檇 like to discuss that particular subject further, my inbox is always open.聽

Sorry about that.聽 It was fully a trap to try and get a back pedal but I didnt consider the no politics rule when I posted it.聽聽

Ok so there's some problems with deliveries. We've been through all that.聽 But what the hell is with the counter clerks? Now my local post office is the main one in my little city. The counter sales are set up as such. 4 registers along a long counter all of which are fed by a single line of customers. Next customer just goes to whatever clerk is open.聽 Normally there are 3 clerks working, sometimes two. #4 is almost always used strictly for passports.聽

I've had to go to the PO twice in the last week. Once just for stamps and the second time to mail a package. Both times I was the 4th person in line when I got there. Both times 30+ minutes to take care of my business!聽馃が聽I mean really these people were sloooowwww!聽 I've noticed that quite often a clerk will assist one customer, then disappear into the back for 5-10 minutes. Come back, do one聽 more customer and disappear again!聽 You can see it in their faces, they just don't give a damn at all. And its been like this for as long as I can remember.聽馃が

• Like 2
  • Moderators
51 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Sorry about that.聽 It was fully a trap to try and get a back pedal but I didnt consider the no politics rule when I posted it.聽聽

A cheap one聽at that. I鈥檓 a little insulted you would think such a poorly constructed trap would ensnare me.聽

You have likely correctly surmised聽that I hold a more textualist/originalist view of the text. That doesn鈥檛 mean it must remain unchanged for eternity. It simply means that we聽must use the mechanisms laid聽out in Article V聽to change and not attempt to re-interpret it willy-nilly based upon the current mores聽or social movements.聽

(I may be skating a little close to the politics line with that last paragraph.聽聽I will justify it to myself by聽maintaining that it is important to understand how to interpret the Constitution if one is to defend a聽constitutionally enumerated right.)

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

I've had terrible results with USPS. Lost two packages completely, had one (a gift for Christmas)聽delivered to Nashville and routed back to Wisconsin and made another migration south. Delivered three聽weeks late. It never gets any聽better, so for the last four months, I just pay extra for better service. Piece of mind insurance knowing stuff will get here on time. Has really helped my anger management and psychological outlook. Need to check and see if spending extra money on FedEx and UPS is deductible as a medical expense.聽 聽馃

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 1/20/2021 at 10:32 AM, E4 No More said:

You gotta admit that it's comical to see a liberal try to defend certain services but want to de-fund another service.

The post office is one of only a handful of things the federal government was actually tasked to do. My experience has been that they do a pretty good job.

I was just thinking of this thread as I just bought an air pistol from a company in the Netherlands.聽 I ordered Sunday night, it shipped Monday and it will be here today (Wednesday) via UPS.聽 This includes having to clear customs.聽 The USPS can't even do that from within the US most of the time.聽 I paid $36 dollars for shipping which is less than I have paid USPS for shipping something Priority Mail and still not having it show up on time.聽 Things eventually get there with USPS but it seems more than not that there is an extra day or two of some screw up.

10 hours ago, Hozzie said:

I was just thinking of this thread as I just bought an air pistol from a company in the Netherlands.聽 I ordered Sunday night, it shipped Monday and it will be here today (Wednesday) via UPS.聽 This includes having to clear customs.聽 The USPS can't even do that from within the US most of the time.聽 I paid $36 dollars for shipping which is less than I have paid USPS for shipping something Priority Mail and still not having it show up on time.聽 Things eventually get there with USPS but it seems more than not that there is an extra day or two of some screw up.

That is a miracle.....聽

On 1/20/2021 at 11:13 PM, Grayfox54 said:

Ok so there's some problems with deliveries. We've been through all that.聽 But what the hell is with the counter clerks?

There are worlds of difference between the clerks and the carriers.聽 They even belong to separate unions.

• Like 1