CZ buying out Colt????

phiferran

I heard this as well and that’s it’s just a few weeks away from being a done deal.

The only negative I can think of is a European company buying out an American one but honestly, Colt has been a joke for years.  Maybe this will be a positive thing.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Garufa said:

I heard this as well and that’s it’s just a few weeks away from being a done deal.

The only negative I can think of is a European company buying out an American one but honestly, Colt has been a joke for years.  Maybe this will be a positive thing.

I'm a big CZ fan, but Colt not being owned by an American company just seems strange to me. 

4 minutes ago, phiferran said:

I'm a big CZ fan, but Colt not being owned by an American company just seems strange to me. 

Just add it to the growing list of companies no longer American owned and in a lot of cases American made.

I was just fixin' to post this. I saw it on another board. Yeah, a lot of folks seem disappointed that Colt may belong to a European company. However, its better than going to some huge conglomerate holding company that will just rape it and dump the leftovers. 

CZ is a gun company and a darn good one. Hopefully, they will keep making Colt firearms here in the USA. Heck, maybe we'll finally see a blue 2020 Python. 🙏

• Like 5

I look at American guns like I do American beer.  The domestic heavyweights have been so lackluster that my money has been going to the small business and European brands providing a superior product anyway.  So this latest development won't matter much if it doesn't work out, and might fix things if it does.  Either way, I'm fine with it.

Edited by btq96r
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 5 weeks later...

I think this is a good thing for Colt!  I hope that CZ works to bring back the luster that the Colt name once had and makes Colt products that are both great quality and also affordable to the common man.  I've always loved Colt revolvers, but they are just priced way passed my purchasing point, when so many other firearms are of equal or better quality for a cheaper price.

• Like 2

🇺🇸 We are very pleased with another important milestone in the history of the CZ brand. Our parent group CZG has agreed on purchase of the American small arms manufacturer Colt. After the completion of the transaction, the legendary Colt brand will become the new sister company of CZUB.

MAKE COLT GREAT AGAIN 

Edited by SonnyCrockett

I imagine if someone is curious what the ramifications are, all they need do is look at history. In this case, Dan Wesson. A company being poorly run and unable to maintain standards as it circled the drain. Sound familiar?

This can only mean good thing’s for the pony.  CZ has a good eye in recognizing they can make bank on a recognized name with a rabid fan base. The profitability with their retro lines especially.

I would love to see them bring back their rifle line to what it was.

• Like 2