Geissele SSA-E trigger install

Anybody done one of these before? I am fairly new to ARs and would love to hear any advice before I tear into this. I believe there is an installation video on you tube I'm going check out. But, I thought I might ask if any of the intelligent folks here that may have experience for any tips or things to be wary of.

Thanks for the time.

Edited by turkeydad

Should be pretty painless other than the price which I can not justify. Your mileage will vary.  There is a ton of help here, and Utube is the answer. Sorry for being negative on the trigger. Everyone I know has told me I’m hard to be around this past week. I have built quite a few AR’s, it’s really easy as long as you don’t launch parts.

Edited by Fourtyfive
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Fourtyfive said:

Should be pretty painless other than the price which I can not justify. Your mileage will vary.  There is a ton of help here, and Utube is the answer. Sorry for being negative on the trigger. Everyone I know has told me I’m hard to be around this past week. I have built quite a few AR’s, it’s really easy as long as you don’t launch parts.

I hear you...I have two AR's both are Palmetto State.  One is built on a complete MOE lower that came with the SSA-E already installed ( I bought it a few years ago on a black friday sale for $249) and man I could sure tell the difference between that one and the other that is just their standard mil spec trigger. I picked this one up on sale for $179, I'm sure there are probably better values but I wanted both to have the same trigger.

Edited by turkeydad
  • Like 1

LaRue MBT is the best value out there. A couple of years ago I removed my SSA-E and replaced it with a LaRue....I have two of their 2 stage and one single stage now I believe, extremely happy with all.

As for the install, it is painless. Only part that can really go wrong is the springs, so pay attention to the spring orientation.

https://www.shootingillustrated.com/articles/2015/10/15/ar-lower-receiver-build-trigger-group-installation/

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I'll say it again. Make sure the springs are installed correctly and you'll be good. That's a great trigger. I have a ssa and a ssa-e. Love them both. On my last one I went with something else just to see how much difference there was. It's good but it's not a geisselle.

• Like 1

Watch a few videos, get a good workspace to do it in.  It's a bit of a pain with the springs, but otherwise simple. 

The triggers are awesome.  I get the cost can be off-putting to some, but they really do perform that well if you've got the money to blow on cool gun accessories.  Never tried the LaRue triggers, but have only heard good things, and know the company makes a solid product. 

• Like 2

Bill Geissele has a video on YT that shows how to install their triggers also. I watched it when I installed my SSA trigger. They sometimes run deals on their triggers. I got mine for $189 a few years ago. I may look at a LaRue for my other AR as I've read good things about them and they are cheaper too I think.

I've installed them in every AR I've owned. I put a Flat Geissele Trigger in my MCX Pistol in 300blk, I like it smooth breaks clean. Check out there videos on install and you should be fine. Post some pics when you get it done.

• 1 month later...
On 1/15/2021 at 3:43 PM, btq96r said:

Watch a few videos, get a good workspace to do it in.  It's a bit of a pain with the springs, but otherwise simple. 

The triggers are awesome.  I get the cost can be off-putting to some, but they really do perform that well if you've got the money to blow on cool gun accessories.  Never tried the LaRue triggers, but have only heard good things, and know the company makes a solid product. 

The Larue trigger is GREAT! And that's coming from a guy that owns five Geissele triggers. I have one. The MBT kinda falls in between the SSA and SSA-E in terms of feel. The trigger bow is fatter than the Geisseles. If I was going to buy a trigger for anything less than a precision rifle, it would be the LaRue until they raise their prices to Geissele levels.

11 hours ago, turkeydad said:

I finally got around to putting the little trigger in. It went pretty wellIMG_20210307_155217.thumb.jpg.675995e7987df541f81388d9de60afc7.jpgyesterday

IMG_20210307_150530.jpg

IMG_20210307_144313.jpg

The hammer spring is quite a bit beefier than a milspec trigger. I've inflicted pain on myself a few times lining up the hammer for the pin.

31 minutes ago, mikegideon said:

The Larue trigger is GREAT! And that's coming from a guy that owns five Geissele triggers. I have one. The MBT kinda falls in between the SSA and SSA-E in terms of feel. The trigger bow is fatter than the Geisseles. If I was going to buy a trigger for anything less than a precision rifle, it would be the LaRue until they raise their prices to Geissele levels.

I've told myself if I get/build another AR, I'd put a LaRue trigger in.

• Like 1