Woohoo idiot Confederate Flag carrier not from south!

It really pisses me off that the Confederate Battle Flag has been turned into a symbol of hate. I happen to be proud of my Southern Heritage, but I don't dare show it without people judging me wrongly.聽

Another thing is the Celebrate Diversity thing. Be proud of your heritage, family history, national lineage, etc. Except of course if you happen to a Southern, White American. In that case its perfectly acceptable to discriminate and automatically assume that person is a racist, anti-government idiot.聽

Equality is for other people.聽

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
1 hour ago, Grayfox54 said:

It really pisses me off that the Confederate Battle Flag has been turned into a symbol of hate. I happen to be proud of my Southern Heritage, but I don't dare show it without people judging me wrongly.聽

Another thing is the Celebrate Diversity thing. Be proud of your heritage, family history, national lineage, etc. Except of course if you happen to a Southern, White American. In that case its perfectly acceptable to discriminate and automatically assume that person is a racist, anti-government idiot.聽

Jeff Foxworthy had a routine where he mentions this tendency somewhat obliquely.聽 I'm paraphrasing, as I don't have the audio in front of me, but basically his point was "southern folks are as intelligent and accomplished as other groups.聽 The difference is that we can't seem to keep the most ignorant among us off television".聽 There's probably something similar going on with the Confederate flag, and other aspects of southern heritage ...

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Grayfox54 said:

Be proud of the generation before the rebellion?

• Like 1
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

if you are offended by a statue or a symbol, you need to grow some thicker skin. My opinions, feelings, and beliefs are no more or less protected than the neo-nazi or klansman. that sword cuts both ways.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Grunt67 said:

Why does carrying a Confederate flag make him an idiot?

I don't know if he is an idiot but I would ask what is the point of flying the rebel flag inside the capitol? I bet he's feeling like an idiot while he sits in jail facing many years in prison.聽

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Erik88 said:

I don't know if he is an idiot but I would ask what is the point of flying the rebel flag inside the capitol? I bet he's feeling like an idiot while he sits in jail facing many years in prison.聽

He is an idiot for:

A:聽 Breaking into our nations capital or just breaking and entering in general

B:聽 Trying to halt the democratic process...."stop the steal" has to be the most hypocritic tag line ever made after this debacle

C聽 Carrying the losing sides flag from a war that barely lasted 5 years and is a symbol of a divided nation (hell carry the Operation Enduring Freedom Flag...this war is over 20 years old and it has nothing do with us fighting each other)

D聽 Embarrassing that during said civil war the losing south never flew the flag at the capital yet here comes this idiot from Delaware waving the damn thing inside of it.

• Like 1

adding to what I said above....If your not gonna fly THE FLAG then fly a flag that honors our current generation of soldiers or any of those from say I don't know any campaign that wasn't about dividing our nation.聽 Out of all the wars to "celebrate our history" why anyone would pick the civil war is beyond me.聽 WWI聽 WWII聽 VIETNAM KOREA DESERT STORM OPERATION ENDURING FREEDOM聽 but no lets "honor dixie" General Lee would roll in his grave if he saw the stupidity associated with that flag.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Erik88 said:

He has a right to carry that flag there. He was in jail for rioting, not a Rebel yell.

• Confused 1
1 hour ago, Magiccarpetrides said:

adding to what I said above....If your not gonna fly THE FLAG then fly a flag that honors our current generation of soldiers or any of those from say I don't know any campaign that wasn't about dividing our nation.聽 Out of all the wars to "celebrate our history" why anyone would pick the civil war is beyond me.聽 WWI聽 WWII聽 VIETNAM KOREA DESERT STORM OPERATION ENDURING FREEDOM聽 but no lets "honor dixie" General Lee would roll in his grave if he saw the stupidity associated with that flag.

They pick that flag because they are still wishful of the time in which they were able to hold people in bondage.聽 Nothing else makes any sense.聽 There are plenty of years before or after to celebrate "heritage" yet for some UNKNOWN聽 reason the 4 years in which the treasonous secessionists had their way before being smacked back into line seems to be their favorite period to love... why could that be?聽

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 2
16 minutes ago, Daniel said:

He doesnt have a right to carry that flag there... he doesnt have a right to even be there.聽 That is why he is in jail.聽聽

ummm, his taxes paid for the capitol and the first amendment. That is ALL I have to say about that

• Like 2
1 minute ago, papa61 said:

ummm, his taxes paid for the capitol and the first amendment. That is ALL I have to say about that

except, yeah, glad he wasn't from around here because he did make a fool of himself doing the wrong thing at the wrong time. And look up the origin of redneck. it's not what you think.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Daniel said:

They pick that flag because they are still wishful of the time in which they were able to hold people in bondage.聽 Nothing else makes any sense.聽 There are plenty of years before or after to celebrate "heritage" yet for some UNKNOWN聽 reason the 4 years in which the treasonous secessionists had their way before being smacked back into line seems to be their favorite period to love... why could that be?聽

You're on land taken from Indians. You should be ashamed of yourself. You support the murder and relocation of indigenous people. You're ancestors are probably the ones that gave infected blankets to Indians. I mean,...... if we are making assumptions and all.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Daniel said:

They pick that flag because they are ignorant rednecks who know nothing of history.

As far as "treasonous secessionists" goes, where does it say a State cannot secede from the union?

• Like 4
15 minutes ago, Garufa said:

They pick that flag because they are ignorant rednecks who know nothing of history.

As far as "treasonous secessionists" goes, where does it say a State cannot secede from the union?

They are not "rednecks" as Patrick Huber labeled them in 1995. They are just ignorant.

from WV Public broadcasting:

Mingo County native, Wilma Lee Steele, is one of the board members for the West Virginia Mine Wars Museum. Steele is a retired art teacher. For her the passion of sharing this history started from telling young activists about the history behind the word "redneck" and the red bandana. Striking miners tied Red Bandanas around their necks during the march on Blair Mountain.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1