"Leftists Are Colonizing Red Towns Like Mine, And Local Republicans Are Clueless." In Tennessee (author from Blount County)

GreenWalls

WARNING to rural and small town gun owners. Gun grabbers are playing a long game in which they apparently aim to overtake our small towns and convert us to liberal meccas.

PLEASE READ and reprint.

"In short, weak leadership, public inattention, lack of organization, and general complacency make small towns vulnerable to aggression by liberal activists. Wokeness can be resisted successfully when the majority of voters actively oppose it. But in the absence of political resistance, the left’s agenda will take over, as inexorably as the rising tide."

https://thefederalist.com/2021/01/13/leftists-are-colonizing-red-towns-like-mine-and-local-republicans-are-clueless/

I didn't click on the link but all one needs to do is attend a town hall meeting every now and then. I wouldn't say it was specifically gun laws they want to change but the threat of making it like the democrat ran city they escaped from has been prevalent for decades now. Luckily there are still enough natives to keep the new guys in check.

They've been doing this for years. Its called "i completely effed up the city i lived in so I better just go move out to the country!" A little while later..... "we need to raise taxes because the road i live on has fading stripes! And im scared to death of all of my neighbors because I hear shooting (even though I've never met them) someone dooooooo something!" 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
9 minutes ago, Jamie Jackson said:

I saw a brief interview on Fox news this morning with Mark Pulliam (the author of the article). iirc he's from Maryville.

He makes some good points in his article, especially regarding complacency and inattention.

The best advice I can give anyone who's concerned about the ever changing local political climate is to get involved in their community. As many here have admitted to the "text rather than talk" won't get it done. If you don't show up and voice your opinion and choose a passionate email instead then you better be prepared to lose your argument. I saw it first hand 20 years ago in my county when someone didn't like "lean to's" for a dog house. That led to wanting to tell me how I kept my yard 20 miles out in the country. I showed up as well as a lot of other "passionate" residents and it was tabled and eventually buried. Doesn't work every time but to this day when I see one of the proponents of the proposed resolutions he still remembers me 🙂

• Like 2

My hometown has had a lot of new out of state residents move in over the last 10 years.

When manufacturing jobs leave because the bunny huggers don't like paper mill smoke or ore mining is bad for the environment they like to shut you down.

In moves what we used to call Flat Landers and ruin it for the local citizen's.

My Son's FIL has owned family land for near 100 years-down at the end of the road-in move's the new guy at the other end near the highway and starts calling the local Sheriff's Office and complains about the other guy shooting and he can hear it.

This continued for awhile until the Sheriff got sick of the calls and having to go out and check the commotion.

The Sheriff finally told the new guy to either shut up or move back to Chicago-

• Like 3
  • Admin Team

I'm locking this topic for three reasons:

1. TGO David just locked the general politics forum

2. A political article by a person with one post is likely designed to spread the reach of the article as opposed to contributing to the community.

3. Politics is a participatory sport. You cannot expect that things will stay the way they've always been - you have to get involved to help create the community you want.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2