Magpul is finally making it.

Chucktshoes

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, KahrMan said:

So is it considered a sbr?

It can be made one. From the linked page:

“The intent, with preliminary ATF approvals in place, is for ZEV Technologies to offer the FDP-9 firearm as a complete, large-format pistol. From there, the purchaser can enjoy the firearm as a self-enclosing large-format pistol. They may also choose to file the appropriate ATF Form 1 and, after approval, purchase a conversion kit to legally assemble it into the FDC-9. It will then be classified as a short-barreled rifle (SBR) and subject to all NFA laws. “

• Like 1
  • Moderators

It's interesting and cool but I'm failing to see the "non-sbr" point of the "large format pistol". Maybe with more photos/videos I'll see some sort of value to such an idea but what exactly  about the "large format pistol" would make it worth having? Does that simply mean it has a "brace" or does it not having any braceishstockish thing at all?

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, GlockSpock said:

It's interesting and cool but I'm failing to see the "non-sbr" point of the "large format pistol". Maybe with more photos/videos I'll see some sort of value to such an idea but what exactly  about the "large format pistol" would make it worth having? Does that simply mean it has a "brace" or does it not having any braceishstockish thing at all?

A way to get it in your hands without a year long wait for a form 4. 

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, FUJIMO said:

I think Magpul is saying F it lets see how far we can get

I think FUJI has point here. 

I think there is goin ta be a showdown between the various states and the feds RE: " Federal Regulations "... It will be tumultous, but i think ya will see " individual regulation nullification.  I think overarching " Federalism " is dead. 

Welcome to a " Brave New World " where the states run things n the feds continue to steal... Do y'all remember when the " Great Snozz Haslam " spoke in the Obama days about gun regulation..?  He said :  " We will review this proposed regulation against the Tennessee State Constitution "... Imagine that kind of talk from an " Ultimate Political Insider "... 

Here's hopin..,

libertarian leroy...

• Like 1
On 1/18/2021 at 9:38 AM, leroy said:

I think FUJI has point here. 

I think there is goin ta be a showdown between the various states and the feds RE: " Federal Regulations "... It will be tumultous, but i think ya will see " individual regulation nullification.  I think overarching " Federalism " is dead. 

Welcome to a " Brave New World " where the states run things n the feds continue to steal... Do y'all remember when the " Great Snozz Haslam " spoke in the Obama days about gun regulation..?  He said :  " We will review this proposed regulation against the Tennessee State Constitution "... Imagine that kind of talk from an " Ultimate Political Insider "... 

Here's hopin..,

libertarian leroy...

If some states can circumvent federal immigration and marijuana laws why not federal gun laws? Let the showdown begin (no pun intended).

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...

My father was looking into something like this for his 9mm Glocks...I purchased an FX-9 from Freedom Ordanance in November 2020 and shot it on his backyard range.....he is still looking for one today....pur a 2.5x red dot o  it and out to 50 yards it is more fun than should be legally allowed with a 9mm pistol that can occasionally...snicker...yeh right....find your way to your shoulder when shooting....but damn it eats 9mm ammo fast!!!

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Concretemike said:

My father was looking into something like this for his 9mm Glocks...I purchased an FX-9 from Freedom Ordanance in November 2020 and shot it on his backyard range.....he is still looking for one today....pur a 2.5x red dot o  it and out to 50 yards it is more fun than should be legally allowed with a 9mm pistol that can occasionally...snicker...yeh right....find your way to your shoulder when shooting....but damn it eats 9mm ammo fast!!!

Agreed! For me anyway, there's not much more fun to shoot than any of the various 9mm pistols. Yep...it's real easy to empty a whole bunch of mags before you realize it!

Of course with today's prices, I have to curtail that pleasure.