Hey Jeep Guys! Question...

gregintenn

Thanks guys! If amy of you happen to run into a nice one for sale for what the consensus is a fair price, I’d appreciate it if you’d steer me in that direction.

Although a few years newer, one just got posted here in the classifieds for $14,500.

Edited by gregintenn
4 hours ago, gregintenn said:

This thread went differently than I would have guessed. Maybe the fire for Jeeps is just local to my hometown. Thanks for the help!

I have no hesitation buying a jeep.  I wish I could advise on cost for a TJ.    I'd prefer a Rubicon model if I had the choice as it comes with lockers from the factory.

Edited by Daniel
2 hours ago, TripleGGG said:

Jeeps are fantastic! Great to tow and lots of fun for exploring! 

Definitely the 6cyl over a 4cyl. 

20201114_155246.jpg

Yep TripleGGG, Jeeps are great TO TOW or TO BE TOWED!!!😎

Seriously, just do your maintenance and they will be good to go.   My old CJ5 with in-line 6 just keeps on climbing.

• Haha 1

I have had so many Wranglers it’s hard to keep count.  The 97-06 TJs are pretty good vehicles. I wished they still made them; I would buy a new one tomorrow. As mentioned previously, watch for frame rust.  I have seen dozens parted out because the frame was falling apart. The tubs generally do not rust. I would avoid the 2.4 Neon engines the TJs had in the later years, but the 2.5 was not a bad engine despite being weak.  The 2.5 as a daily driver gets a little annoying.  As a weekend toy the 2.5 is fine and would probably be ok for a teen.  I say avoid the 2.4, but if it were a hot deal I would buy it. 

I think 10k for a super clean 4cyl is a little high.  With wranglers, the years don’t matter too much. It’s condition, condition, and engine that matter the most.