Lebanon gun show Jan 16 & 17. 2021

Made the trek to the show this am. The crowd was unbelievable. By far the largest I've seen there.

Prices? As expected, thru the roof. Saw one box of hunting ammo, box of 20, $80.00. Other ammo ran pretty much in the same track. One dealer had numerous cases of assort. ammo, priced on the roof, people lined up to buy, apparently at any price.

Folks, it's going to be a long time before this changes.  There was still long lines waiting to get in.

Edited by Grunt67
SP
  • Like 7

I was there from about 0930 to 1130 walking around trying to see if I could find a buyer for a rifle. No luck. Everybody was there for ammo.

There was one guy selling 5 56 battle packs (200 rounds) in the plastic for $170. He had a line the whole time I was there.

Cross posting this to long guns.

we have hundreds of thousands of new gun owners in the US. They are panic buying ammo to go with panic bought firearms. I understand their panic, I even sympathize. But I refuse to join the folly. I looked at ammo today on GB and found 30-30 that I bought two months ago for $16 a box bid to over $80. For a box of 20? really? I would like to have a better stash but I have what I need. Stop feeding these speculators who are cutting off our supply only to try to gouge us. where do you think they are buying theirs? when they stop selling because we stop buying from them the ammo will return to the shelves where it was destined to be.

1 hour ago, DO-TN said:

Went yesterday. Most ammo and complete guns were way over priced. Did find some 5.45x39 for 30 cents per though. Cleaned him out of it. So there were some deals to be had, just had to dig a little.

You drove from Dover to Lebanon to attend a gun show? Now there's dedication!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Forgot about this,  till this am. See a couple of dealers that had broken down boxes of ammo. & repackaged in small brown paper bags,  10 rds ea.

People grabbing ammo, like water in a disaster zone.

Another show next month. Might want to camp out ahead a few days, if you wanna get in.  Just saying......

WOW! 10 round bags, what would one do with only 10 rounds? 

I half agree with hipower, too old and fat to stand in line. But I'm not selling, never again. Every time I sell a gun I regret it,,,except once. Little single action .22 six gun, cheap used out of time piece of crap would burn your hand every round it was so bad.

20 hours ago, gregintenn said:

You drove from Dover to Lebanon to attend a gun show? Now there's dedication!

I don't know about dedication. I having just moved here from Idaho I like taking the road trips to explore. Made a whole day of it. Not just the gun show but also googled for FFL dealers, reloading shops, surplus stores and the like around Nashville and along the way of the big loop that I did. Only thing I couldn't find I was hoping to is a guy that does parts kits and bits for old Comm-Block stuff.

Edited by DO-TN
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, DO-TN said:

I don't know about dedication. I having just moved here from Idaho I like taking the road trips to explore. Made a whole day of it. Not just the gun show but also googled for FFL dealers, reloading shops, surplus stores and the like around Nashville and along the way of the big loop that I did. Only thing I couldn't find I was hoping to is a guy that does parts kits and bits for old Comm-Block stuff.

Have you been to Dixie Gun Works in Union City yet? If not, it'll be worth your drive. Be sure to check out the old museum in there. They've let it run down, but there's still some really neat stuff in there.

• Like 1