Another Vols Football Coach Bites the Dust . . .

I heard about this investigation on The Dan Patrick show a few weeks back.  They joked that Tennessee can't even win at cheating.  I think this move is partly to get ahead of any NCAA punishment, but good luck with that.  Now that sports betting is getting more legit, they need to bring the hammer down on things like this.

This gave the university a perfect excuse to cut Pruitt's contract for cause, and it looks like Fulmer is going to bow out to try and save his reputation.  The real danger to Pruitt is if he can show he was doing things with the university's knowledge, and wants to salt the earth.  My guess is he goes through the motions to see what money he can shake loose, then bites his tongue while hoping a mid-major team picks him up.

Either way, more losing for Tennessee is on tap.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, btq96r said:

I heard about this investigation on The Dan Patrick show a few weeks back.  They joked that Tennessee can't even win at cheating.  I think this move is partly to get ahead of any NCAA punishment, but good luck with that.  Now that sports betting is getting more legit, they need to bring the hammer down on things like this.

This gave the university a perfect excuse to cut Pruitt's contract for cause, and it looks like Fulmer is going to bow out to try and save his reputation.  The real danger to Pruitt is if he can show he was doing things with the university's knowledge, and wants to salt the earth.  My guess is he goes through the motions to see what money he can shake loose, then bites his tongue while hoping a mid-major team picks him up.

Either way, more losing for Tennessee is on tap.

Yep . . . another losing season to look forward to.🤪

2 hours ago, gregintenn said:

I desperately wanted to see Fisher coaching Vanderbilt. Since that is not to be, perhaps Tennessee could pick him up. I think he is an underrated coach.

1 hour ago, A516 said:

Jeff Fisher is a 50% winning coach at best.  He needs to stay where he is, out of coaching.

Hey y’all,  I would take Fisher @ Vandy.  50% is better than most years I have suffered through!😩

• Like 1

Fisher at a .500 level is better than UT has had in recent times, but could he do well at the college level.  

Freeze has recruitment issues hanging over him per news reports, so UT needs to be smarter than that.

The one unemployed coach I've seen mentioned is Tom Herman from TX, who had a winning record there, he just wasn't winning the SWC and so the school let him go.   

Pruitt will naturally sue to keep his contract in force, $12 million is a lot to walk away from.