The new outpost gunshop, my experience

Guest coldblackwind

Guest coldblackwind

So I went into the new gunshop in the outpost (just past murfreesboro off I-24). I went in on my lunch break, and talked to a guy with short dark hair. Seemed like a pretty good guy, very friendly, and hurried to take down anything I was interested in, or give me other ideas for similar guns. I was pretty pleased. My friend wanted to see where it was, and what they had, so I took him this evening. He was looking at the galils they had, and wanted to see one. This time the first person to come up was a guy with short brown hair, so he looks the guy right in the eye, and says "Hey, can I see one of those galils". Guy looked him right in the eye, turned, and walked away. So we looked at eachother, and said, "alright, he must have had something else he was doing". So we wait a minute, and look around some more, until the guy ends up just standing behind the counter in front of us staring into space. So he looks him right in the eye again, and says again "could I see one of those galils?" Again, the guy looks him right in the eye, and walks away. This guy has no business working with people. This is hands down the WORST service I have ever seen, anywhere! We were just about to walk out, when the dark haired guy from earlier in the day finally happened along, and waited on us. He had almost convinced himself to buy one, and good service probably would have pushed him over the line into the $835 (post tax and tics) purchase. As it stands, hes going to try the gunshow this weekend, and failing that, order one if he decides for sure he wants it. Anyways, mixed review. One guy was pretty good, the other was a total jerk, just thought this experience was worth passing along before everyone decided to drive any great distance, just because the name Barrett was involved.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Call them on it! Let owners know how you were treated. Most owner/managers don't have any idea what a jackass behind the counter costs them with that type attitude towards customer service. Many times they have no idea the customers are getting that type service!

I dealt with a blond haired dude and 1 dark haired guy with short hair...maybe 30ish. I also dealt with a tall guy with light brown hair. All of them seemed very professional.

Maybe just some temp help they have filling in? I'm sure Barrett would want to know. I know the guys from the store read this forum b/c they were talking about it while I was there.

If you feel that you're not getting satisfactory service ask for the manager, owner or whatever. Ask the guy who's neglecting you to go find him. Same thing goes for when they say "we don't do deals" or anything to that effect.

Regardless of the over-hyped and inflated "situation" we're in regarding firearms, sh**** customer service doesn't go far. Nor do absurd pricing policies and unwilliness to deal.

Gun stores come and go. The ones with fair prices and attention to the educated consumer are the ones that survive.

Guest Astra900

Absolutely, call the sorry ......... on it! Ask to speak to someone else, chew some butt! I would, I have, I will. My money is worth just as much as any one else's.

Guest abailey362
Guy looked him right in the eye, turned, and walked away.........the guy ends up just standing behind the counter in front of us staring into space. So he looks him right in the eye again, and says again "could I see one of those galils?" Again, the guy looks him right in the eye, and walks away.

so you met the deaf guy that works there. It's so nice that they employee the disabled. :D

Guest coldblackwind
Thanks for the report.

Now that I'm cross-eyed may I make a few suggestions? Two spaces after periods. Paragraphs help too!

Sorry, I had 3 people talking to me, and a 3 year old bouncing around while I was typing that.

I probably should have called them on it, but I was tired and hungry, and just didn't feel like, normally I would have. Anyways, they lost an $800 sale over it, and if they read these forums, as someone mentioned above, it will probably come back to them anyways :D. In the meantime, I'll stick with Hero Gear. Some day he may even manage to sell me something other than a t-shirt!

When I was there I noticed a dark haired guy that was real good with the customers and a light haired guy that was arguing with customers.

Considering the prices they are charging I think the light haired guy is going to cost them some business.

I had a similar experience with that guy! I was like a kid in a candy shop, wandering around looking at all the toys. Saw a keltec PLR-16 in the cabinet and asked that guy about it...he was very nice and friendly and helpful...let me hold the gun and answered questions...

a little later on I was back at his counter asking a question about whether they had Crimson Trace sights for my G-30. This time he said no, then raised his head and stared off towards the front...I asked a question and was ignored...I even turned around to see what he was staring at as I thought there might be a problem to be aware of, but no...

overall a good experience, just a few hiccups....but I still wish I woulda bought that keltec!

Edited by barewoolf
Guest mark_justmark

Where is this gun shop? Is it called the Outpost?

I figure I could just as well go there a be treated crummy instead of driving to Specialty Arms.

I swear the sales guys some of these places employ are either full of $#!T or don't care. :screwy:

I was listening to one young dude try to push the hype between "His" Kimbers and "His" S.A. 1911s. Well, "His" BS shovel was big enough although his customer and those of us around weren't taking it! :usa: We were snickering and walking off.

junior_samples.jpg

Exit 89 on I24. It's called the Outpost Armory. I talked to 2 people there. One tall guy with dark colored hair, I believe his name is Jacob. Very friendly and helpful, really seemed to know what he was doing. I'm still new to guns, so maybe he just acts like he knows what he's talking about. The other guy had blonde or really light brown hair, his name was Butch. I don't think he knew much about guns at all. A guy was asking about a Barret rifle chambered in .338 and the guy seemed really confused about it, really confused. Kinda like the looks you get at the parts stores a lot. Then Jacob interupted ".338 Lapua Mag, we had one, it was the first gun we sold this morning".

Edited by Superman
Guest mark_justmark

Instead of looking like an idiot or jacka$$, why can't a person just admit they don't know something and get help?

Just admit you are running the register or holding the counter still, ...something.

I went to the Outpost this morning. I called ahead looking for a Ruger LCP. The guy I spoke to said that, yes, they showed they had one in stock so off I go on an hour's drive breaking lawful speed limits to get there. I get there and everyone looks puzzled when I mention that I'm here for the last LCP. :D

They admitted that they didn't have them and hadn't had them for a day or two. I understand oversights and mistakes, but I was just a tad irked. They were very nice to me, profusely apologized, were absolutely nice & helpful, and offered to put my name first on the list for next batch. There was a guy there that offered to take a little off of anything I was interested in.

The shop is new and I'm sure everyone is learning to work together. They had a wall full of AR's and lots of Glocks but nothing else under the glass that I was interested in.

Anyway, I took the wad of cash I had burning a hole in my pocket and went down to Hero-Gear in Winchester and bought a nice plinker from Mike. :up: The end.

Guest Wilson1
Sounds like the rude guy was trained at Guns and Ammo in Memphis!

LMAO - Guns and Ammo in Memphis - Yeah, Guns and Ammo magazine should sue these guys in Memphis over copyright infringement!!

Sounds like you may have to do the "point and ask" routine to them.

Galil - huh?; Point to it - oh, that's how you pronounce that funny spelled word!; Produces gun, gets "distracted" once again by 'nothing', and you purchase gun from more customer friendly, more knowledgeable, representative of their establishment. Sooner or later their gonna recognize the 'weakest link'.

Mike

Guest coldblackwind
I went to the Outpost this morning. I called ahead looking for a Ruger LCP. The guy I spoke to said that, yes, they showed they had one in stock so off I go on an hour's drive breaking lawful speed limits to get there. I get there and everyone looks puzzled when I mention that I'm here for the last LCP. :D

They admitted that they didn't have them and hadn't had them for a day or two. I understand oversights and mistakes, but I was just a tad irked. They were very nice to me, profusely apologized, were absolutely nice & helpful, and offered to put my name first on the list for next batch. There was a guy there that offered to take a little off of anything I was interested in.

The shop is new and I'm sure everyone is learning to work together. They had a wall full of AR's and lots of Glocks but nothing else under the glass that I was interested in.

Anyway, I took the wad of cash I had burning a hole in my pocket and went down to Hero-Gear in Winchester and bought a nice plinker from Mike. :D The end.

Wow, thats unlucky, they had 2 LCP's yesterday...