Let’s talk blue jeans

gregintenn

I’m a cheapskate. I admit it. Now that we have that out of the way, I am devastated to learn that Tractor Supply has discontinued my beloved C.E. Schmidt jeans. I also have a pair of Cabela’s jeans that are passable. Sonce Bass Pro bought them out, they aren’t available anymore either.

Levi’s, Wrangler and Carhart just don’t fit right.

I don’t want a $100 pair of jeans.

What do you guys suggest?

I almost hate to admit this being a lifelong Levi’s man (after the tragic Sears Toughskins upbringing that I had no control over), but I’ve been wearing nothing but Academy’s Magellan house brand jeans for years now.  They fit and wear great, especially in the part that really matters. I’ve never seen them priced over $17.99, lol.

• Like 2

Wore Levis and nothing else until they went overseas with production. Switched to Wrangler because they were made in U.S.A.

Now just something cheap I can fit my fat a$$ into. I no longer do labor, had to take a desk due to my back so I can't speak to sturdiness.

Overalls are comfortable, have to agree. good ones are hard to find now since wally world ran good retailers out of business.

GREG, is macon dept store still in business?

Check eBay for the Cabelas and CE Schmidt ones you like I’ve done good on there with clothing especially if you can get actual measurements. 

Wrangler seems good and their Riggs line is tough. I have good luck with the Carhartt and Dickies Carpenter jeans they are cut more generous. Duluth makes good stuff I don’t have any of their jeans yet.

Rural King sells a $10 version of jeans.  I purchased a pair out of curiosity, and they've held up well for the past year.  I prefer LL Bean jeans, as they have some styles that I've found to be very comfortable, but the Rural king jeans are fine for chore days.

• Like 1

I wear pretty much whatever my wife brings home in my size. She is cheap, so I'm sure none cost more than $20. Some of the best ones were from second hand stores and GoodWIll. She is also really good at patching my old ones.

• Like 2

I got a couple of pair of Wranglers that I bought at Hammer’s and I love them. But right now, my absolute favorite thing to wear is a pair of Key Bibs, also bought at Hammer’s! I love them so much, I’m going to buy another pair!!! 

There like Onesies for Real Men! 😆

Edited by Moped
3 hours ago, gregintenn said:

I’m a cheapskate. I admit it. Now that we have that out of the way, I am devastated to learn that Tractor Supply has discontinued my beloved C.E. Schmidt jeans. I also have a pair of Cabela’s jeans that are passable. Sonce Bass Pro bought them out, they aren’t available anymore either.

Levi’s, Wrangler and Carhart just don’t fit right.

I don’t want a $100 pair of jeans.

What do you guys suggest?

Sam's Members Mark. 14/15 bucks each.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Garufa said:

I almost hate to admit this being a lifelong Levi’s man (after the tragic Sears Toughskins upbringing that I had no control over), but I’ve been wearing nothing but Academy’s Magellan house brand jeans for years now.  They fit and wear great, especially in the part that really matters. I’ve never seen them priced over $17.99, lol.

Not familiar with them, but I rarely go to Academy. I will check them out.

48 minutes ago, Jeb48 said:

I wear pretty much whatever my wife brings home in my size. She is cheap, so I'm sure none cost more than $20. Some of the best ones were from second hand stores and GoodWIll. She is also really good at patching my old ones.

My second hand source here in Nashville are the Southern Thrift stores. It's always a hit or miss thing. some days you find something good in your size. Others not. I've gotten 2 pair of Faded Glory jeans recently there.  These were in very good condition. Good fit and very comfy. Plus they are long enough. A 32 length for a 42/44 waist is hard to find. Got them on a half price day...9 bucks for both.

Long time Wrangler man myself. Usually pick em up at Wal-Mart or Target. They come in a wide range of waists and lengths along with several different style cuts to fit pretty near anybody. Good, long lasting jeans at reasonable prices. 👍

Uh, aren't you Levis guys aware that not only is that company rabidly anti-gun, but they are also huge financial supporters of just about every major left wing cause there is?  I mean this has only been common knowledge for the last 30 years or so. 🙄

18 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Do they have this in TN?  I have seen it while out of town for work but not in TN so far.  I have to concentrate to say Rural correctly.

There is one in Clarksville but that might be the only one. Not sure.