Let’s talk blue jeans

gregintenn

19 hours ago, Daniel said:

Do they have this in TN?  I have seen it while out of town for work but not in TN so far.  I have to concentrate to say Rural correctly.

There's a Rural King in Crossville.  Before all this Chinese virus crap they had a decent supply of ammo, I use pick up some .22 every time I visited the store.  Now the ammo shelves are empty, but they still have jeans!

Edited by Jackalope
Poor typing skills
11 minutes ago, Garufa said:

If one is going to vet every business or manufacturer based on politics then a life, naked, in a cave eating twigs is the the best one can hope for.

If that cave has bats then expect a PETA protest 😁. You cruel naked squatter.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
3 hours ago, Jackalope said:

There's a Rural King in Crossville.  Before all this Chinese virus crap they had a decent supply of ammo, I use pick up some .22 every time I visited the store.  Now the ammo shelves are empty, but they still have jeans!

This I did not know.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Garufa said:

If one is going to vet every business or manufacturer based on politics then a life, naked, in a cave eating twigs is the the best one can hope for.

True enough, but Levis is not just anti-gun. They fully support the whole range of ultra-liberal causes. Everything from abortion to illegal immigration and are extremely proud of the fact that they helped San Francisco become a sanctuary city. They are the enemy and are happy to spend lots of their money for their leftist causes. I will not support that. 

• Like 2

Man, since they closed politics we're left with disussing jeans and genealogy. I miss arguing with some of you. 😁

Also, I will not purchase Levi jeans ever. Especially since there are plenty of other options.

Edited by Erik88
  • Like 2

I'm, shall we say, slim-challenged, lol, and rarely can find pants of any kind that fit like id want.  My wife recently picked up a couple pair of men's Goodfellow stretch jeans at Target for me.  Just to not upset her, I reluctantly  tried them on and wow, to my utter surprise,  I love them!  They give in all the right places and are the most comfortable pants I've ever had.  I wear my EDC in and IWB  holster and usually ahve to wear a slightly bigger waist pants to accommodate that.  Not now.   Highly recommend you try them as far as comfortableness goes.  Haven't had them long enough to see how they last but they seem to be fairly well-made.  No clue on cost but Id guess fairly cheap at Target.

1 hour ago, Defender said:

I'm, shall we say, slim-challenged, lol, and rarely can find pants of any kind that fit like id want.  My wife recently picked up a couple pair of men's Goodfellow stretch jeans at Target for me.  Just to not upset her, I reluctantly  tried them on and wow, to my utter surprise,  I love them!  They give in all the right places and are the most comfortable pants I've ever had.  I wear my EDC in and IWB  holster and usually ahve to wear a slightly bigger waist pants to accommodate that.  Not now.   Highly recommend you try them as far as comfortableness goes.  Haven't had them long enough to see how they last but they seem to be fairly well-made.  No clue on cost but Id guess fairly cheap at Target.

TARGET RUN!!!

• Like 1

I get it, Levi's is bad. but I have to be careful who I boycott. Like it was written, we could be living naked in a cave.

we all have a cell phone and I'm sure most here have a laptop or tablet. Do you know where lithium for the batteries comes from?

and most jeans are made in sweatshops overseas BECAUSE we don't want to pay for them made in USA.

trade offs in everything unfortunately

• 1 month later...

I got a couple of pairs of Arizona jeans from a local discount outlet yesterday, and they seem to fit pretty good. They were $7 and some change a pair. I notice JC Penny has them on sale right now for a bit more than that. I may order several pair to have in reserve.

Edited by gregintenn
On 1/22/2021 at 7:51 AM, Garufa said:

I had the additional shame of wearing Husky Toughskins.

You could have gone all day without reminding me of my childhood spent wearing Husky Toughskins ...

On 1/22/2021 at 1:21 PM, gregintenn said:

I vote with my wallet as well. I buy the least expensive consumable that will get the job done  in a satisfactory manner.

A man after my own heart.  A fellow cheap bastard ...

• Like 3

When I was fat(ter), I used to buy the RK jeans.  They're cheap, but they never really fit right and their dang zippers are too short. Since Knoxville gota Duluth store, I've been buying more and more of my cloths there.  Haven't tried the jeans yet, but that's coming, I can already tell.  Till then, I will stick to my Wrangler jeans, Megallen hiking pants and Key overalls.

I will say Duluth has the best boxer briefs coming or going.  They are very proud of them, so when I catch them on sale, I buy a pair or three.  Boys, you got to try a pair of these!!!

https://www.duluthtrading.com/men/underwear/boxers-and-briefs/dang-soft/?msclkid=d8f90e1639e41ba86f376e5020d9b950

I switched to LL Bean jeans a number of years ago and have yet to find anything better. 
They have about 3 or 4 styles and each style is available in at least two or three different cuts (slim, natural, relaxed). 
They tend to run around $60 but I never pay more than $50 as they frequently run 10% and 20% off sales.

I was going through Levi jeans so fast it was not economical. They were not made nearly as well as the LL Bean stuff. I have some I wear now that are at least 6 or 7 years old. They hold up much better than pretty much everything I have tried before. 

26 minutes ago, OldIronFan said:

I switched to LL Bean jeans a number of years ago and have yet to find anything better. 
They have about 3 or 4 styles and each style is available in at least two or three different cuts (slim, natural, relaxed). 
They tend to run around $60 but I never pay more than $50 as they frequently run 10% and 20% off sales.

I was going through Levi jeans so fast it was not economical. They were not made nearly as well as the LL Bean stuff. I have some I wear now that are at least 6 or 7 years old. They hold up much better than pretty much everything I have tried before. 

I did buy a pair of LL Bean jeans off ebay. They fit great, but seem pretty thin.