Sight pusher tool recommendations

Beware.  There are many sight pushers out there, and a lot of them are junk.  I've broken two sighttool.com pushers before I admitted they are trash.  And I've ruined some sights with one of the Sight Masters.  Other of the various universal sight pushers might or might not work depending on how tight the sights are. 

The pushers I've had the best luck with are the MGW models that are specific to the gun.  Those babies work -- they are real tools, not something that someone cobbled up in his garage.

Hope this helps,

Whisper

The MGW Sight Pro works well. It’s a universal-ish tool. There are specific parts (can be purchased separately) which are gun specific. I’ve used mine with Glocks, Sigs, 1911s, HKs, and S&Ws. 

While it isn’t marked for how far you move the sight, I use a vice and a dial indicator when warranted. I’ve got a spreadsheet to calculate how far to move the sight to affect POI. 

24 minutes ago, TripleGGG said:

This has worked great on my Glocks. Have never tried it on a 1911. I will admit my brother showed me how to use it and patience is key. Patience is not one of my best qualities so I have to be in the right frame of mind. 

Screenshot_20210124-191813_Amazon Shopping.jpg

These do indeed work on 1911's-I have replaced or moved around sights on 3 of my Kimbers-2 Ultra Carry and a master Carry Pro.

Then moved my night sights on my Springfield EMP 3 to the 4 inch EMP and installed ledge sights on the other EMP.

I know for a fact they also will push the S&W M&P which the sets I have done have been very tight from the factory-tighter than my Kimbers were.

I have also used on a couple of Sig P series pistols.

When Range USA was open I was their armorer for a little over 2 years so I got a chance to do a few different make sights.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the input. I recently had some Ameriglo Bold night sights installed on my Glock 19 and it would be nice to have a pusher on hand at the range to make any adjustments on the spot. I am also looking at adding night sights to my RI 1911 and that would make it easier.

Edited by lock n' load

I think I found a winner. It's made by Lyman and a little cheaper than the Wheeler one. Plus I discovered it also has 1/32" adjustment markings. Anyone ever used one of these? It's been out for about a year.

https://www.amazon.com/Lyman-AccuSight-Pistol-Installation-7031287/dp/B084RF37D7/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=lyman+sight+pusher&qid=1611542362&sprefix=Lyman+sig&sr=8-4

15 hours ago, lock n' load said:

I think I found a winner. It's made by Lyman and a little cheaper than the Wheeler one. Plus I discovered it also has 1/32" adjustment markings. Anyone ever used one of these? It's been out for about a year.

https://www.amazon.com/Lyman-AccuSight-Pistol-Installation-7031287/dp/B084RF37D7/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=lyman+sight+pusher&qid=1611542362&sprefix=Lyman+sig&sr=8-4

Basically it's built about the same as a Wheeler-It probably would work as well.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2021 at 6:21 PM, TripleGGG said:

This has worked great on my Glocks. Have never tried it on a 1911. I will admit my brother showed me how to use it and patience is key. Patience is not one of my best qualities so I have to be in the right frame of mind. 

Screenshot_20210124-191813_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I can recommend this model.  Just received it and had no problem whatsoever removing and replacing the rear sight on my M&P.  Other M&P's sights that I've replaced have been really tight.  It seems to be of good quality.  I was surprised by how heavy and beefy it is.  Instructions are easy to follow up and setup was quick.  It's also currently about $143 on Amazon.

I've replaced sights on around half a dozen M&P's just using a punch because I am cheap and didn't want to risk getting a crap pusher.  Sure wish I had bought this to begin with.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by ac3boyz
  • Like 2