AMMO PRICES

Jake, at Rocky Mountain Reloading, sent out a newsletter in December saying that copper and lead have both increased since last April, copper my 15%.

I know those markets fluctuate, but these are unusual times and there's an unusual demand for the end product. So I'm not surprised to see the increase in pricing. Unfortunately.

That "New Norm" is looking bleak for the time being.

Copper is well known as an advance indicator of the direction of the economy.  Due to the shutdowns, most commodity prices fell precipitously in March of last year.  It's logical that copper, and other commodities would have increased in price as the economy reopened over the summer and fall.  Copper's use in ammo manufacturing is a drop in the bucket in terms of its overall use throughout the economy, its doubtful that the current shortages in the ammo market have affected copper's price very much ...

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, RED333 said:

It is a well known fact, that without things flying out the end of the barrel of our firearms, they become clubs.

Another good reason to have bought it when it was cheap, and stacked it very deep ...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A fellow reloaded friend  just posted he saw where a box of small pistol primers(1000) brought 237.00, at a online auction, with others going close to that mark. 

My ammo and reloading components are worth more than my guns are with these kinds of prices.  

1 minute ago, pop pop said:

A fellow reloaded friend  just posted he saw where a box of small pistol primers(1000) brought 237.00, at a online auction, with others going close to that mark. 

My ammo and reloading components are worth more than my guns are with these kinds of prices.  

I just put a security camera in my reloading room and 4 around the house.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Big housing demand is putting huge demand on copper. Its a perfect storm.

What kinda surprises me is ranges are still really busy. But there is a decided shift. Less plinking range use and more on the line at the 100yd rifle with a big bias toward 22lr. Range was busiest I have seen it last Sunday when it was about 42 degrees. 6 of 8 on the line where shooting .22lr.

I dont reload, or own any of the equipment, but I have been saving my brass. Hell if I know why with what y'all are saying about component prices.