New Member - Looking to move from PA

Hello all!  Al here, from Altoona, PA.  We are looking to be moving to western TN sometime in the next year or so.  We are currently working with realtors there, and one here; as well as financial people and a lawyer to make things go as smoothly as possible, since we have some complicated real property situations to deal with here.  I found this site while researching some gun laws.  I'm looking forward to the new adventures that await.

Thanks!  Both the wife & I are originally from PA, and we currently live right up the block from my childhood home.  Ironically, we met in Ohio (I was living there for work, do not recommend).  We have just grown tired of a lot of things in this area, and are ready to set out on our own adventure.  Also, my job is (was before the virus) 100% remote, so I am not stuck in an area.  We are just finding that we don't fit well in the city, and we don't care so much for the winter anymore, not that I'm expecting it to be tropical there, just less frigid.  We have always made pro/con lists whenever a big decision presents itself, and the cons of this move are very few.

Welcome to your future home. It's not tropical for sure but you might second guess that in the summers here in west Tenn. Winter here is rain, sun shine, 70 degrees, 20 degrees, snow, and tornadoes. And that's all in one day,

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, adesantis296 said:

Welcome! Leaving the North East was best move I ever made for not just me but my entire family! 

Where did you move from?  PA is by far the "least bad" in the northeast, although for how much longer, nobody knows.

7 hours ago, TechAlG said:

Where did you move from?  PA is by far the "least bad" in the northeast, although for how much longer, nobody knows.

Long Island! I agree PA is as good as it gets for us in the NE. Was originally looking to relocate there until the opportunity opened up here for us!

On 1/26/2021 at 5:06 PM, bigun said:

Welcome to your future home. It's not tropical for sure but you might second guess that in the summers here in west Tenn. Winter here is rain, sun shine, 70 degrees, 20 degrees, snow, and tornadoes. And that's all in one day,

Truth. It was 68 here in Nashville Monday. It’s 37 now with a low tonight of 26. 
But Welcome (in advance) to the Great State of Tennessee.