The great Gamestop battle of 2021

gregintenn

47 minutes ago, 10-Ring said:

I've been wanting to start buying some silver on a regular basis.  Ideally, I would like to pickup a few ounces per month on a regular basis.  It doesn't appear that simple unless you are willing to pay double the spot price. 

I was finding them on ebay and occasionally on gun forums for spot price or below. That’s dried up for now.

About a month ago, I bought a roll of 2020 Silver Eagles for $500 shipped off another gun forum.

Sometimes I’ll run a bunch of junk silver dollars up to 18-20 apiece. Many times I’ll get outbid, but sometimes I get the coins.

I’ve found you get a better deal buying a roll at a time than buying individual coins.

We have a local thrift store that is for all intents and purposes a pawn shop. Sometimes I can buy gold and silver from him at spot. He buys below spot and just wants to turn a quick buck.

You just have to watch.

Edited by gregintenn
  • Like 1

The premium for physical over spot has just flown out the window... I'd wait for prices to settle down first. Maybe start with junk silver coins.

Use APMEX myself, Maples and Eagles, but that generates a shipping record. You'll pay more per ounce, but cash at the local dealer is untraceable.

I would not be selling my Silver any time soon. Exchanging real money for scrip isn't in my plans for it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.