Acquired a white whale

Links2k

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

It looks like it’s in great shape. 

The guy I bought it from got the receiver as a project to do a standard build on. Then he discovered the proof marks and realized what it was so he built it up with all surplus, takeoff or NOS parts. I would consider it the equivalent to a rearsenaled mixmaster. Once my buddy who has ahold of it gets home, he’s going to send me the serial so I can date it. 

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Chucktshoes said:

The guy I bought it from got the receiver as a project to do a standard build on. Then he discovered the proof marks and realized what it was so he built it up with all surplus, takeoff or NOS parts. I would consider it the equivalent to a rearsenaled mixmaster. Once my buddy who has ahold of it gets home, he’s going to send me the serial so I can date it. 

It looks great. Congratulations!

• Thanks 1
  • Moderators
20 minutes ago, Links2k said:

It looks great. Congratulations!

Thanks!

4 minutes ago, RED333 said:

I am calling this thread the best of the net today!!!

It gets better...

The best part is that I was in South Dakota last week and saw one in a Cabela’s. I almost walked out of there with one that had its bayo and had a wonderful patina. It was $3500. 😮Even after I track down the M1917, I’ll have about 1/4-1/3 of that invested. I picked this up for less than the price of a reproduction, and I didn’t even have to search the deal out. It fell into my lap by way of a friend of a friend. I’m super excited right now.

• Like 5

Yeaah Buddy..!  The " greatest of all streetsweepers "... The receiver, stock, and inspection marks are great..!  Im glad this one went to a " loving home " Brother...

Ya know, these guys were built in several variations.  Trench n riot models.  Believe it or not, im thinkin the " riot " model is the rarest. 

We have a 1926 flaming bomb marked model that is about 80% of the condition of your scattergun.  Bought 20+ years ago at the Birmingham Gun Show... It used to be the " Shotgun Ultima "...

Enjoy... There aint nothin like slam firin these boys.  Hold the trigger back n pump. Its a helluva thing...

Admirin leroy, the model 97 evangelist...

• Like 1
  • Admin Team
36 minutes ago, leroy said:

There aint nothin like slam firin these boys.  Hold the trigger back n pump. Its a helluva thing...

They called that thing the "thumb buster" for a reason.  Maybe try it in slow motion first 😉

I can still remember a friend of mine peeling back the skin on the top of his thumb from running one fast with not quite the right grip. 

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

They called that thing the "thumb buster" for a reason.  Maybe try it in slow motion first 😉

I can still remember a friend of mine peeling back the skin on the top of his thumb from running one fast with not quite the right grip. 

Yup... I've worn mine out a time or two myself Brother. 

leroy...

• Like 1
  • Moderators
6 hours ago, leroy said:

Ready to " Repel Boarders " Bruthah...!!!  You is well armed, indeed, and dangerous as a bag of mad cobras...

admirin leroy...

I’m half tempted to get a doughboy outfit and an ‘03 and go compete in a  3 gun match in the “heavy metal” division. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Chucktshoes said:

I’m half tempted to get a doughboy outfit and an ‘03 and go compete in a  3 gun match in the “heavy metal” division. 

I love it Brother..!  Helluva idea..  After all, Tennessee is the birthplace of that greatest of all doughboys, Alvin York..!!!

admirin leroy...

• Like 2
1 hour ago, leroy said:

I love it Brother..!  Helluva idea..  After all, Tennessee is the birthplace of that greatest of all doughboys, Alvin York..!!!

admirin leroy...

If you've never went to see his homeplace up in Pall Mall, it is worth the ride in my opinion.

Edited by gregintenn
  • Like 2