CBD Products

Patton

CBD Products  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Do you buy CBD products?

• I have never bought CBD products.
    • I tried CBD, but it’s old news.
    • I still buy CBD.
    • I tried CBD but prefer Illicit products with THC.

I tried to make a poll but it keeps giving me an error.   A friend asked me to take surveys of random groups concerning the average Joe’s CBD lifestyle. What are your CBD habits? 
1. I do not buy CBD products and I never will?

2. I tried CBD but it is old news.

3. I still buy CBD products.

4. I tried CBD products but I have moved to products with THC.

Edited by Patton

Thanks for those taking the time to vote in this poll.  The background is a friend, with a business selling CBD products among other items, is wondering why his sales have decreased 60% in the last two years.  We are trying to evaluate if the industry is over saturated.

Edited by Patton
30 minutes ago, Patton said:

Thanks for those taking the time to vote in this poll.  The background is a friend, with a business selling CBD products among other items, is wondering why his sales have decreased 60% in the last two years.  We are trying to evaluate if the industry is over saturated.

I’m no expert either but I think the market is definitely over saturated.  Seems like you can’t drive a mile around here without passing a CBD shop or seeing/hearing an ad for one.  I also believe big retailers are getting in on it as well

Edited by Garufa
  • Like 6

My employer has a similar stance, proceed at your own risk.

Is Pilot a safe source?

Or that questionable Stop-n-Rob (tm Tom Givens) in a shady part of town?

I'm also concerned with the legalization question, still illegal with gun ownership?

I'm not willing to let .gov make me a criminal, CBD or THC

I have a friend that grows hemp then does the extraction into CBD. He and I have had some discussions on the topic. The market is saturated. 

I also think most of the claims made about CBD are largely exaggerated. I'm guessing people tried it in the beginning and eventually realized it wasn't really doing much to help them. 

My friend has a theory that the folks that love CBD must be highly sensitive to the tiny amounts of THC in it, and that's the real reason they like it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Personally I find it helps me sleep. Now keep in mind that I'm A man of a certain age who came up in the 70's and enjoyed that decade immensely. 

But....I have found that a CBD gummy or 2 at bedtime does work for me. YMMV

• Thanks 2
1 hour ago, Raoul said:

Personally I find it helps me sleep. Now keep in mind that I'm A man of a certain age who came up in the 70's and enjoyed that decade immensely. 

At my high school, also in the 70's, nobody smoked joints in the designated smoking area out back.  Teachers went out there to smoke, so it was monitored.  Now, the boys bathroom next to the gym typically had smoke rolling out the doors during class breaks, not tobacco ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
5 hours ago, Chucktshoes said:

My wife (and dog) use CBD products. I don’t. Even if I were so inclined, I can’t risk a failed DOT physical because somebody had a bad day in QC and THC ended up in a batch. 

Yep, I know of two CDL holders who lost their jobs due to failed drug tests.  They both swore CBD was the only thing they ever touched and I believe them.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was a teenager in the 1960s and a young soldier in a drug infested Army from 72-75. Believe it or not, I went through all that and never once have used any form of recreational pharmaceuticals, including marijuana. Nope, I was a drunk instead. 🥴

I've got nothing against anybody who has an occasional toke now and then. And I fully understand the benefits of medical marijuana. But I never have understood the whole CBD thing. Ok, so its marijuana but you took the good stuff out? What's the point in that? Nothing but snake oil to me. I won't waste money on it. 

And yeah, the stuff is everywhere. 👎

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
10 hours ago, Grayfox54 said:

But I never have understood the whole CBD thing. Ok, so its marijuana but you took the good stuff out? What's the point in that? Nothing but snake oil to me. I won't waste money on it. 

And yeah, the stuff is everywhere. 👎

That was my opinion also till a friend was visiting that messed her ankle up and it was suggested she use the external CBD to reduce pain while she healed and she swears by it so we picked up a small jar of the salve and my wife used it first on her knees and was amazed at the relief. I tried it on my wrist with similar results. We don't use it a lot but it is nice to have around. Our second batch we bought in a roll-on container and that is much less of a mess. 

A friend takes in orally and says it helps but we have not see a need for that. He was on some fairly strong pain medicines and it has helped wean off them. He says it is not as good but it helps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had been looking to start a processing center to extract CBD due to the incredibly low prices for raw materials.  The insane amount of farmers jumping in the past 2 years thinking this was going to be an instant bump in profits caused prices to bottom out.  I had heard it was mostly due to a lack of processors, but looking more into the data, there's a significant drop in demand on the retail end.  Surprisingly, retail prices haven't come down yet.  I believe retail could drop prices 20% or more and increase sales significantly.  

I also believe the biggest reason for the drop was the FDA crushing any advertising on products where the benefits were listed.  If its not in the name, like "soothing salve" or similar, most folks don't realize what the product could do for them.  Further, the FDA prohibits any information as to amount required to achieve effects the customer needs.  I'm not talking about sensitive people getting high on trace amounts of THC, but the effects of the CBD.   So when someone walks in to try a CBD product, like edibles or tinctures, they have 10 different concentrations to choose from.   The staff are not supposed to say which amount to buy or how much the customer should take.  Customers have to figure out that on their own.  That makes it sound like snake oil to just about anyone that hasn't done a lot of research, and the price is prohibitive to trying it out.  

There is a pharmaceutical drug on the market that is just CBD.   It's listed as for seizures.  The concentration is over 1000mg per dose.  If you get a 1000mg bottle of tincture at a shop of a reputable brand, expect to pay well over $100.  And you would have to consume the whole bottle to get the 1000mg dose.  I'm not saying you would need that much to affect your ailment, but you may.  

I have heard that other countries, especially those where THC is legal, has a higher demand since most farms are dedicated to THC production rather than CBD.  If you can get into exporting, your friend may get his sales back. 

I'm not sold on topical treatments where oils need to be absorbed through the skin and into the affected areas.  I tried one once, i did not notice any affect other than the menthol. 

That's my opinion based on my research.  just my 2 cents. 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

saw this article and it supports my thoughts above.  The article is about growers, but does talk about where the retail market is going. 

https://hempindustrydaily.com/opinion-hope-is-not-a-strategy-so-stop-tolling/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&utm_campaign=HEMP_20210208_Daily&elqTrackId=16861E96AD510C3B7DB05A164FAC724F&elq=e1a7ca2a30ad40e9b98300a124f1c074&elqaid=4544&elqat=1&elqCampaignId=3308

if you don't want to read the article:

Let’s start with the positive: CBD consumer packaged goods is a profitable market sector, though today, it’s far more of a high-margin, low-volume specialty market.

Still, over time, we anticipate that while some products will continue to command high premiums, the mass market will move to a much higher volume at lower consumer prices.

On 1/30/2021 at 9:12 PM, Jeb48 said:

My wife and I use CBD externally on joints as needed. Works miracles on certain joint pain.

I've used creams after my 2 knee replacements and a couple of falls It does help me. Also for arthritis pains in my thumbs. It's not the cure-all of the century, but it does help(me anyway).

On 1/30/2021 at 8:54 PM, Raoul said:

Odd. I get no results from the few CDB gummies I've tried. You use a particular brand?

I tell my patients that they need to research to see if they think CBD oil will help them.  If they feel they want to try it, then we supply them a quality product at below market value.

Out of approximately 50 people that have used it for over a month, maybe 65%  continued to purchase.  We have been selling at our office for about 1 year now.  We have had about 10 people switch to ours from hempworx, horizon cbd and canabiol.

I tried 1000 mg full spectrum tincture for about 2 month for some neurological issues in one of my legs.  1st week I felt some reduction in symptoms.  Placebo?  Didn’t notice much change after that,  I did feel more rested the next day. (I took before bed)

sn:  If you take a full spectrum tincture...you will eventually test positive on a drug test.

Full spectrum tinctures have very low amounts of THC.  Isolates do not, but you are losing the benefits of the turpenes.

• 3 months later...
On 1/30/2021 at 10:12 PM, Jeb48 said:

My wife and I use CBD externally on joints as needed. Works miracles on certain joint pain.

My daughter in law bas some pretty severe joint pain from a bad car wreck.  It seem to help her quite a bit...

leroy

I did try it but it didn’t do a thing for me. Zero results. A fad IMO.  I have pain from lots of injuries from football, motorcycles, construction work, fighting in my younger days, etc......A total waste of money I don’t have as far as I’m concerned.